FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I think if you avoid Italy and  the Czech Republic you'd be happy enough. Get England or Portugal in the first pot, and you'd be elected.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2015, 03:27:06 PM
I think if you avoid Italy and  the Czech Republic you'd be happy enough. Get England or Portugal in the first pot, and you'd be elected.

Portugal would be the weakest in Pot 1, Austria or Ukraine who needed the qualifier route as well in pot 2, Hungary in pot 3 and you'd be happy enough!

From the Bunker

Could we end up in a group with Germany and Poland again?

general_lee

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 18, 2015, 03:24:26 PM

Spain, Italy and Czech Rep. Would be a Nightmare Group for ourselves, Wales or NI

Belguim, Austria and Hungary. Would give us a chance to nab some result(s).
Are Belgium not ranked No 1 in the world right now? And Austria are flying! Hungary granted are a beatable side.

If I could pick a group it would be England, Russia and Hungary.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Those pots look to have a reasonable resemblance to current standards.
England's excellent qualifying results earns them a seeding which is higher than their worth in these type of tournaments.
Perhaps NI should be higher ranked than Albania, but I wouldn't go to war over it  :)

seafoid

Milltown Row2

Seriously??? Lets be happy that Ireland got through the play-offs and are in another major tournament... Anything else is a bonus... In fact better the results from last competition and that's an improvement.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2015, 10:06:54 PM
Seriously??? Lets be happy that Ireland got through the play-offs and are in another major tournament... Anything else is a bonus... In fact better the results from last competition and that's an improvement.

Ireland topped their group .  The break away partitionist associations team got through in a play off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ashman on November 18, 2015, 10:55:50 PM

Ireland topped their group .  The break away partitionist associations team got through in a play off.

Both Irelands have punched above their weight...let the soccer men head off and enjoy.. I'll watch the knockout stages (which is actually the real comp)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2015, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: ashman on November 18, 2015, 10:55:50 PM

Both Irelands have punched above their weight...let the soccer men head off and enjoy.. I'll watch the knockout stages (which is actually the real comp)

True : hope both sets of supporters enjoy themselves .  France is a great country to visit .  Learn a bit of their language and they really respect you. 

ONeill

Spain, Italy and Czech Rep. Would be a Nightmare Group for ourselves, Wales or NI

6 groups - top plus 2 best runners up (quarters) or top 2 plus top 4 3rd placed?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2015, 12:39:42 AM

6 groups - top plus 2 best runners up (quarters) or top 2 plus top 4 3rd placed?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016

16 teams, top 2 plus best 4 3rd teams make the second round

BennyCake

I'd love a crack at Engerland and the yodelling Nazis.

muppet

MWWSI 2017