FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

tried getting tickets for the bosnia game there at 11.00 but no luck. do they usually release more tickets for general sale or is that it?

Boycey

Quote from: clarshack on October 27, 2015, 11:15:45 AM
tried getting tickets for the bosnia game there at 11.00 but no luck. do they usually release more tickets for general sale or is that it?

Shite thought they went on sale tomorrow morning! There are €120 ones back up on ticketmaster now if you are really keen, I'll let it sit as I think they'll come back on again...

Clov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2015, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2015, 08:56:06 PM
Quote from: Canalman on October 19, 2015, 02:51:21 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 18, 2015, 09:55:53 PM
Can people stop calling Argentina "Argies", its that type of shite the british red tops printed during the falklands war.

plus 1.

Think it is a generational thing tbf . Younger posters here mightn't remember the sneery snide way the term began.

A pig ignorant way imo to describe Argentina.

Rugby lads on TV3 were using it yesterday at times.
Very inappropriate. Argy bargy is a sloppy term as well.

Aussie off the books then?? Indians? And don't head to the chinkys for a Chinese.. Taffs??

This is pretty disrespectful. Anyone using that in conversation with a Chinese deserves a slap round the mouth.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

deiseach

Quote from: JoG2 on October 19, 2015, 10:31:16 PM
Would you call a Welsh chap a taff?

My wife's family call her cousin's Welsh wife 'Taff'. I didn't think anything of it as it was to distinguish her from another cousin with the same first name. One day, on a whim, I asked her if she was okay with it. "I hate it," she said. Ever since I've being telling my wife to stop it. Might as well be talking to the wall.

For all of that, I really think rugby is different. Paddy, Jock, Taff, Arrogant Imperialist Mass Murdering Scumbags (take your pick on that one) . . . all part of the fun.

An Watcher

Well, what's the view on the Bosnia game? I really hope we can do it but haven't been confident watching Ireland for years.  Not sure who we're going to play in central defence without o'shea. Two between Keogh, Wilson and Clark. I think clark has potential while Keogh is honest. Wilson is a bit hit or miss. Can be excellent or awful.  Probably go with the usual midfield of Whelan and McCarthy especially for the first leg. Walters is a real blow for the first leg but a great addition if we're still in it. That's my worry.  The bosnians could finish the tie in the first leg if we're not on our game.

Declan

Just hope we've something to play for on Monday. Hard to see us getting through though

JoG2

We've a couple out alright (Walters engine ability to hold the ball up will be badly missed) , but at the same time Bosnia have been beaten by Israel, haven't set the world alight against Cyprus or Andorra. A good draw against Belgium and a victory against a Welsh side who had already qualified. It's not all doom and gloom I don't think. I reckon we can battle out a draw away and sneak a win @ home  8)

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: JoG2 on November 11, 2015, 09:31:39 AM
We've a couple out alright (Walters engine ability to hold the ball up will be badly missed) , but at the same time Bosnia have been beaten by Israel, haven't set the world alight against Cyprus or Andorra. A good draw against Belgium and a victory against a Welsh side who had already qualified. It's not all doom and gloom I don't think. I reckon we can battle out a draw away and sneak a win @ home  8)

If you look all of Bosnia's Sh1te results came at the beginning of the qualifiers. They changed Manager and their results improved right up to the end.

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2015, 09:30:57 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 11, 2015, 09:31:39 AM

If you look all of Bosnia's Sh1te results came at the beginning of the qualifiers. They changed Manager and their results improved right up to the end.

We beat the Germans.  It's in the bag! 

An Watcher

Think I read somewhere that the bosnian stadium has a capacity of ten thousand or so.  Hardly intimidating for most of the eire team although possibly like playing in a league of Ireland stadium.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on November 11, 2015, 10:36:54 PM
Think I read somewhere that the bosnian stadium has a capacity of ten thousand or so.  Hardly intimidating for most of the eire team although possibly like playing in a league of Ireland stadium.

Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium = 37.5K

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asim_Ferhatovi%C4%87_Hase_Stadium

ballinaman

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 11, 2015, 10:48:38 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on November 11, 2015, 10:36:54 PM

Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium = 37.5K

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asim_Ferhatovi%C4%87_Hase_Stadium
The match isn't being played there. Its being played here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilino_Polje_Stadium
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Could be worse. Definitely not as bad as playing in some stadia around Europe