FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Reckon they should re open Bairds Bar for the night! I reckon Irish support could outnumber the Scots as loads of Celtic fans will have bought tickets to support Ireland.

In Glasgow the following Friday as well for Celtic AGM,bound to be plenty of Craic with the events of recent months.Can be heated enough when both Scottish League and Cup trophies are in the room and a Champions League campaign is in progress!

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on October 28, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
Reckon they should re open Bairds Bar for the night! I reckon Irish support could outnumber the Scots as loads of Celtic fans will have bought tickets to support Ireland.

In Glasgow the following Friday as well for Celtic AGM,bound to be plenty of Craic with the events of recent months.Can be heated enough when both Scottish League and Cup trophies are in the room and a Champions League campaign is in progress!
No danger of a CL campaign breaking out before that Friday.

red hander

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: red hander on October 26, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
Can they do anything right?
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Even the FAI can't do miracles.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.

Apparently FAI did seek allocation of 10 per cent off SFA for quid pro quo at Lansdowne Road, but this was strongly opposed by Strachan. I bit bullet and bought SFA ticket in Lisbon Lions lower, which looks like it will be filled by our fans anyway ... but still a pisser that, as a regular traveller, I and many others got stiffed by our own association

T Fearon

Still seems to be plenty of tickets on SFA website.At this stage I'd much prefer a good seat anywhere at either side rather than behind goals with one's own fans.

Babe Ruth 47

Just picked up 5 tickets on the Sottish FA site for the Lisbon Lions Lower. We are doing two nights in Glasgow finishing with a night in Newcastle.

T Fearon

No more tickets for FAI,ironically due to Irish fans inflating demand by buying tickets directly from SFA website.If you do have a few extra quid I do recommend the hospitality lounge/leather seat package available on the Celtic website at £125.00.

Wouldn't despair,as I'd say there'll be plenty of tickets available outside Celtic Park on the day of the game.

Main Street

Quote from: Sidney on October 28, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM
Quote from: red hander on October 26, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
Can they do anything right?
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Even the FAI can't do miracles.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.
There isn't a proper system. It's nudge nudge, wink wink. Pretty much all the regular away travellers (and I'm not including myself in that as I'd usually only do one away trip per campaign), people who have gone to Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Russia, summer friendlies in the US etc have been shafted. That kind of stuff is not on.
The FAI have had a system for distributing away tickets for years and still have. They have a list of away game regulars who are top of the queue for tickets. Though some things got lost in the distribution of tickets for this game.

seafoid

It's not very often that you get an honest heartfelt opinion from someone in medialand about the media circus but Martin O'Neill did it the other day 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/european-championships/martin-oneill-hits-out-at-criticism-from-rt-panel-i-havent-taken-eamon-seriously-for-25-years-30711044.html
"I don't take what Eamon says seriously, absolutely not for 25 years now," said O'Neill. "I have to tell you this, I'm going to say this to you, I couldn't care less, I really could not, genuinely couldn't care. It's people's jobs to do it, it's my job to be the manager and it's just that I have to . . . I have to seem to justify everything. I'm not here to justify selection. My justification is to try and get results somewhere along the way."

I wish someone would do the same for Spillane

seafoid

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/international/2014/1110/658193-mcqueen-wants-horrible-reception-for-irish-duo/

Former Scotland player Gordon McQueen is hoping Republic of Ireland stars James McCarthy and Aiden McGeady receive a "horrible reception" in Friday's Euro 2016 qualifier at Celtic Park.

McQueen has spoken of his anger at the duo playing for Ireland, having been born in Glasgow.

McGeady played schools football for Scotland, but switched allegiance to Ireland as he qualified via Irish grandparents. McCarthy also opted to represent Ireland instead of the Scots.

McQueen said: "I hope they get a horrible reception because they deserve it. I've got no time for these players.

Billys Boots

He went on to explain how people not born in Scotland could be Scottish (like Bob Wilson and Bruce Rioch) but how anyone born in Scotland could want to represent another nation was beyond his understanding (which is apparently very limited).  Clown. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Anyone know of a reason why Cillian Sheridan isn't getting a call up?
He is,as far as I know, the only Irish player playing in the Champions League. Surely he deserves a place in the squad at least.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 11, 2014, 03:55:25 PM
He went on to explain how people not born in Scotland could be Scottish (like Bob Wilson and Bruce Rioch) but how anyone born in Scotland could want to represent another nation was beyond his understanding (which is apparently very limited).  Clown.
Very hypocritical, not to mention unsporting

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2014, 04:00:18 PM
Anyone know of a reason why Cillian Sheridan isn't getting a call up?
He is,as far as I know, the only Irish player playing in the Champions League. Surely he deserves a place in the squad at least.

Probably because he's not that good...just a thought.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Who's going over? Surely I won't be the only GAA board representative there?

michaelg

Quote from: seafoid on November 11, 2014, 04:05:08 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on November 11, 2014, 03:55:25 PM
Very hypocritical, not to mention unsporting
If the boot was on the other foot, would you not be slight f**ked off?  i.e. If a footballer, born and bread in Ireland who had played for Ireland schools, U21s etc, chose to play for England for example, as one of his Grandparents was from there. From what I have heard some Irish fans are getting a bit humped with young Jack Grealish as he might end up declaring for England.  And  he wasn't even born in Ireland!