FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: red hander on October 26, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
Can they do anything right?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Main St respect the sacred property at Paradise.

ps For those with more spare time you might also like to check out my brick on the Lisbon Lions Wall as well! :D

lynchbhoy

See where Steve Bruce is waxing lyrically about Robbie Brady's perf at left back on Saturday where he says Robbie 'didn't give rahem sterling a kick of the ball'

Maybe a potential left back for mon ?
Could be very Coleman-esque as he is quick and superb going forward!

stiffler

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 27, 2014, 08:58:56 PM
See where Steve Bruce is waxing lyrically about Robbie Brady's perf at left back on Saturday where he says Robbie 'didn't give rahem sterling a kick of the ball'

Maybe a potential left back for mon ?
Could be very Coleman-esque as he is quick and superb going forward!

Didn't he play there for a bit under ferguson ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

T Fearon

Looking forward to this battle of the ex Celtic managers,with two evenly matched sides, though it's a far cry from the last time Ireland played a competitive game in Glasgow with a side which included Lawrenson,Mc Grath,Whelan,Stapleton

general

Looking like there will be irish all throught the stadium :- with the FAI only offered approx 3,000 tickets. The Scottish FA are selling tickets, 5 of us sitting in upper north

ballinaman

Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 08:31:42 AM
Looking like there will be irish all throught the stadium :- with the FAI only offered approx 3,000 tickets. The Scottish FA are selling tickets, 5 of us sitting in upper north
Got 2 for lower lions stand yesterday of SFA. Still haven't got a yay or nay email from FAI. Still might end up getting them though.

general

Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 08:54:06 AM
Got 2 for lower lions stand yesterday of SFA. Still haven't got a yay or nay email from FAI. Still might end up getting them though.

FAI are a joke, as are the Scottish FA. Why did they only award us 3000 when there letting Irish fans buy from there website? Where did you get your accommodation sorted ballinaman? We had to settle for a hotel 5 mile outa glasgow, seems decent, cheap as chips.(Best Western Garfield House)
Hope ther will be a few Irish staying in it, hope we dont regret staying at the airport hotels.

Main Street

I see there are still tickets available  and some restricted to Irish fans area Lisbon Lions stand uppr and maybe elsewhere

http://www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/standAndAreaSelection.aspx?product=REPI14&stand=LU&area=412&stadium=CP&an=a41&campaign=&type=H

But maybe having a green dot on the seat doesn't mean it's restricted to Irish supporters

Visitors please respect those pieces of stone engraved with Tony's name.

Sidney

Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 10:14:29 AM

FAI are a joke, as are the Scottish FA. Why did they only award us 3000 when there letting Irish fans buy from there website? Where did you get your accommodation sorted ballinaman? We had to settle for a hotel 5 mile outa glasgow, seems decent, cheap as chips.(Best Western Garfield House)
Hope ther will be a few Irish staying in it, hope we dont regret staying at the airport hotels.
The Scottish FA can at least operate a points system for away tickets whereby regular away travellers have first dibs on tickets. The FAI clearly aren't able to do that or just couldn't be bothered. Some way to treat your regular customers.

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM
Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Even the FAI can't do miracles.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.

Sidney

Quote from: Main Street on October 28, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM
I thought usually the away supporters were allowed to have about 9% of the allotted tickets, but I see the home association are only required  by the regulations to make 5% of their tickets available for visiting fans.
Even the FAI can't do miracles.
Is there not ia system of sorts that the FAI operate for fans wanting tickets to the away games and for sure a supporter who made the trip to Georgia shouldn't have a VIP priority over somebody else who has been going to away games for years.
There isn't a proper system. It's nudge nudge, wink wink. Pretty much all the regular away travellers (and I'm not including myself in that as I'd usually only do one away trip per campaign), people who have gone to Georgia, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Russia, summer friendlies in the US etc have been shafted. That kind of stuff is not on.

ballinaman

Staying in McClays guest house in city centre..supposed to be a kip but I'll prob only bit there to rest the head for a few hours on Friday night. Booked it last Feb. There is about 6-8 in our group who go usually, booked Warsaw accomo and apartment for game in Faro this time next year already. No harm to get on the ball early.
Out of the 8 of us who went to Tibilisi...none have got a ticket off the FAI, I still haven't got an email of rejection even FFS...we all i Lisbon lions upper and lower.

general

Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Staying in McClays guest house in city centre..supposed to be a kip but I'll prob only bit there to rest the head for a few hours on Friday night. Booked it last Feb. There is about 6-8 in our group who go usually, booked Warsaw accomo and apartment for game in Faro this time next year already. No harm to get on the ball early.
Out of the 8 of us who went to Tibilisi...none have got a ticket off the FAI, I still haven't got an email of rejection even FFS...we all i Lisbon lions upper and lower.

Aye ya's r on the ball alright! I don't think there was this much fuss or hassle in getting tickets for the euro's, be it the 1st game or 2nd game we had a chance of qualifying, the 3rd against Italy wasn't hard at all obviously as we were already out. A points system would surely go down well that's for sure, maybe this fuss will get the FAI to take there fingers out!

Really looking forward to Celtic park, just hope everyone behaves themselves, its literally gonna be a mixed stadium. Good job its not in ibrox anyway

ballinaman

Quote from: general on October 28, 2014, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2014, 04:38:49 PM

Aye ya's r on the ball alright! I don't think there was this much fuss or hassle in getting tickets for the euro's, be it the 1st game or 2nd game we had a chance of qualifying, the 3rd against Italy wasn't hard at all obviously as we were already out. A points system would surely go down well that's for sure, maybe this fuss will get the FAI to take there fingers out!

Really looking forward to Celtic park, just hope everyone behaves themselves, its literally gonna be a mixed stadium. Good job its not in ibrox anyway
Ah we take it in turns to do the booking, I had to do the Tbilisi trip so that's me done for the rest of the group, lads will look after the rest...just need to turn up. Handy way of doing it if you get a group going. There was a type of credits system before the new portal was set up last year, they've basically wiped everyones history and starting from scratch now which is a bit harsh.
Never been to Glasgow meself, get in about 11.30am on the Friday....training leaving London Euston at 5.30am! :o
Heard the Louden bar near Ibrox is worth a look for a few pints and to make sure to wear the Irish jersey out on the piss the night of the game... :P