FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on August 13, 2012, 08:16:53 PM
Shay Given has retired from international football.

One of the best.

+1

Good time to go for Shay. He has given his time, and given it well (to use the puns) Glad he did not announce this after the Euros.

AFS

Marc Wilson, Anthony Pilkington, Wes Hoolahan, Stephen Ward and Kevin Doyle all line out for their clubs three days after crying off from Ireland duty.

The last two may have earned the benefit of the doubt, but people should be mindful these events when whinging for the inclusion of any of those other boys.

Farrandeelin

Alternatively you could blame the Mayo Association Football League for poor attendances at training sessions for a lot of rural clubs From the Bunker, particularly at underage level but that's for another discussion rather than the FAI thread!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

I notice Shane Long, who was 'idiotic' for suggesting he might have been fit to play in Serbia played, and played bloody well too, for WBA today. (Disastrous effort at a peno aside). So who is 'idiotic' Trap?

laoislad

I get the sense Trap has a problem with Long and I don't mean his footballing ability.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Seems that Trap has a problem with quite a few lads at this point. It's nearly unusual for their not to be a 'communications issue' on squad or team announcements at this stage. I think Long would be a fairly dedicated individual as well.

AFS

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2012, 06:23:03 PM
I notice Shane Long, who was 'idiotic' for suggesting he might have been fit to play in Serbia played, and played bloody well too, for WBA today. (Disastrous effort at a peno aside). So who is 'idiotic' Trap?

Trapattoni didn't call Long idiotic. He said the sequence of events was idiotic, which seems accurate enough.

trileacman

Agree with Trap, Long declared unfit to play, then after the match declares that he was fit.  ???
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Denn Forever

Ian Harte s doing well for Reading.  How old is he and could he still do the job fr Ireland?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tony Baloney

GalwayBayBoy

The Duffer has retired from international football.

AZOffaly

Another great servant. I saw that tweet on Newstalk alright. I do think he was struggling to beat people in the last few years, but he still offered a lot in terms of experience and dedication to the cause. I'd say scoring for Fulham in their great win helped him make up his mind.

Denn Forever

Will Keane be the next to go? 

What are the options now?  McClean?  Trap will have to earn his money now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Maybe Trap knows this, and by falling out with his players he might get fired and paid off?

sammymaguire

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 24, 2012, 01:55:22 PM
The Duffer has retired from international football.

great servant but thank god he has decided to hang up his boots!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!