FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2011, 12:30:50 PM
They beat Northern Ireland 2-1 in belfast didn't they? I wouldn't be taking them for granted, but as the fella says, if we can't beat them, we'd be out of our depth in Poland/Ukraine anyway.

They did beat NI but one of their goals was a 35 yard first-time cannonball into the top corner. I doubt the lad would score one like that again if he lived to be a 150.

Estonia were capable of anything during the qualifiers. They beat Serbia 3-1 over in Serbia and then 8 months later lost 2-0 against the Faroe Islands. They actually did pretty well away from home in the group. They won away to Serbia, Slovenia and Norn Iron.

Ireland will be thrust into their least favourite position though. Favourites.

Declan

good draw alright and hopefully we can do the business - By the way Main Street Fenlon is much more than a park manager. Knows the game very well and that article is not enhanced hind sight. He's een saying something similar for a  while now.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Main Street

Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2011, 01:21:36 PM
By the way Main Street Fenlon is much more than a park manager. Knows the game very well and that article is not enhanced hind sight. He's een saying something similar for a  while now.
And he's been moaning in every article. He's another moaning whining dub.
And now that the team go through as seeds, he puts that down to Trap's luck
(Despite Trap being regarded one of the most unluckiest national team managers in the history of the game)
I'm sorry, but when a pundit has previous opinions of doom and gloom and refuses to be graceful when it doesn't materialise, I have little respect when he starts talking about luck.
WTF is luck?  explain the science of luck?

Did Fenlon pick out any positives, did he even actually spot the old familiar fault rearing its head for the game changing Armenia's goal?
Fenlon even finds something to moan about Walters coming on ahead of Long.

."I don't believe men who play week in, week out in the Premier League cannot retain the ball against mediocre European teams"
Who the féck is Fenlon to call Armenia mediocre?
There were Barcelona standard before coming to Ireland  ::)  now Fenlon calls them  mediocre?
That type of disrespectful ignorant cráp betrays a mediocre mind.

I had always thought that Ireland's team work and experience would see them through this game ahead of Armenia's lack of experience, despite Armenia having better technical players than us around midfield.
Féck all to do with concepts of luck.

rossie mad

Delighted with this draw and we are surely on the cusp of qualifying for a big tournament after 2002 and our first euros since the memorable 88 tournamnet in germany.

A couple of decent performances agaist this lot should see us through.
We are no world beaters and can be frustrating to watch at times but we are hard to beat and in nearly every game we go into we give our all.
Thats all we can ask for from these guys and delighted for the likes of duff,dunne,given and doyle that they will hopefully get a crack at a euro championship.

Declan

QuoteAnd he's been moaning in every article. He's another moaning whining dub.
And now that the team go through as seeds, he puts that down to Trap's luck
(Despite Trap being regarded one of the most unluckiest national team managers in the history of the game)
I'm sorry, but when a pundit has previous opinions of doom and gloom and refuses to be graceful when it doesn't materialise, I have little respect when he starts talking about luck.
WTF is luck?  explain the science of luck?

So your problem with him is that he's a Dub - says a lot about you. We were lucky to get the decisions the other night and absolutely blessed in Moscow. THere's no science in luck sometimes you get it sometimes you don't, Fenlon actually said if any team deserved a break it was us.

QuoteDid Fenlon pick out any positives, did he even actually spot the old familiar fault rearing its head for the game changing Armenia's goal?
Fenlon even finds something to moan about Walters coming on ahead of Long.

Yes he said that when we realised they weren't Russia or Uruguay we began to assert ourselves. Glenn Whelan and Keith Andrews started to pick some passes out but it didn't last long and he said that  Simon Cox and Kevin Doyle worked well off each other to create a chance. He also said that when McGeady and Duff swapped wings after half-time our full backs were, finally, shoved forward. We immediately began to dominate proceedings. Space opened up for Andrews to rattle off a shot and Cox was showing well.

Quote."I don't believe men who play week in, week out in the Premier League cannot retain the ball against mediocre European teams"
Who the féck is Fenlon to call Armenia mediocre?
There were Barcelona standard before coming to Ireland    now Fenlon calls them  mediocre?
That type of disrespectful ignorant cráp betrays a mediocre mind.

He's a Uefa qualified coach who is entitled to his opinion based  on what he sees- you don't have to agree with him - I don't on the particular point of calling them mediocre but do think our players should be capable of better but to compare them to Barcelona shows you haven't a clue either- their coach said he admires Barcelona but even he would say they weren't up to that standard.

QuoteI had always thought that Ireland's team work and experience would see them through this game ahead of Armenia's lack of experience, despite Armenia having better technical players than us around midfield. Feck all to do with concepts of luck
I thought we'd win as well but a blind man could see we got all the breaks on Tuesday

J OGorman

I'd rather listen to Dunphy than Pat bloody Fenlon...decent club manager my hole. Name me a club he hasnt left in the complete sh1te financially? spending way beyond their means. Any club he has ever managed who have limited spending power, he has been an unmitigated disaster. He will be licking his lips at the prospect of getting his greedy mits on the Windsor park IFA rent money as when all the clubs in the LOI have hit the wall, there's always Linfield.

Anyways, so close now. CMTF

Declan

Fenlon knows more about the game than Dunphys little finger - He's not personally responsible for leaving any club in the financial shite - There's a board at Derry and at Bohs that are charged with running the club. He's done well with Bohs this year considering their finnacial predicament and I'm sure he'd do a job at Linfield if he chose to go there.

We should beat Estonia as well considering 7 of their squad were on the Tallinn team that Rovers beat in the Champions League qualifers earlier this year

sans pessimism

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 13, 2011, 12:52:57 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 13, 2011, 12:39:03 PM
What are the k.o. times?

what are the TITTY BARS like in Tallinn??  ;D :D ;)
Same as they are everywhere,full of sado's-should feel right at home sammy ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

J OGorman

Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2011, 02:44:37 PM
Fenlon knows more about the game than Dunphys little finger - He's not personally responsible for leaving any club in the financial shite - There's a board at Derry and at Bohs that are charged with running the club. He's done well with Bohs this year considering their finnacial predicament and I'm sure he'd do a job at Linfield if he chose to go there.

We should beat Estonia as well considering 7 of their squad were on the Tallinn team that Rovers beat in the Champions League qualifers earlier this year

my beanbag could do a job at Linfield

lynchbhoy

so after what Fenlon and a few more on here are saying - we are effectively the 'Donegal' of international soccer !!
Lots of talent but choose to shut up shop and hit the lone striker hoping for a miracle goal or penalties at the end of the game !

:D

trileacman

Quote from: J OGorman on October 13, 2011, 02:49:36 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2011, 02:44:37 PM

my beanbag could do a job at Linfield
Depends on the colour of your beanbag. Green would be useless.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 13, 2011, 03:18:25 PM
so after what Fenlon and a few more on here are saying - we are effectively the 'Donegal' of international soccer !!
Lots of talent but choose to shut up shop and hit the lone striker hoping for a miracle goal or penalties at the end of the game !

:D

Hi, enough of that there slagging!  :P
Tbc....