Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Line Ball

Quote from: one day on June 02, 2015, 07:43:06 PM
White goodman, your right about most fullbacks in the county are at that, that's why there's no good defenders in the County. The point are a bit green but I read today they started with 11 under 21 players from last year so experience will come.being cute is one thing doesn't excuse the Burren number 5 from putting the boot into a man on the ground and the Burren manager swinging elbows

You would think that retired county defenders should know better  ;)

forevergreen

White goodman, your right about most fullbacks in the county are at that, that's why there's no good defenders in the County. The point are a bit green but I read today they started with 11 under 21 players from last year so experience will come.being cute is one thing doesn't excuse the Burren number 5 from putting the boot into a man on the ground and the Burren manager swinging elbows
[/quote

One day you commented the other day that you seen the point ran Burren close, followed up with asking Elk what he thought of Burren corner back tactics and then above you saying Burren No5 was kicking a man on the ground and that the Burren manager was swinging elbows???

For someone who only seen the result you are doing some slabbering!!!

weebob

Quote from: forevergreen on June 02, 2015, 08:56:03 PM
[/quote

One day you commented the other day that you seen the point ran Burren close, followed up with asking Elk what he thought of Burren corner back tactics and then above you saying Burren No5 was kicking a man on the ground and that the Burren manager was swinging elbows???

+1

OgraAnDun

Quote from: weebob on June 02, 2015, 09:30:37 PM
Quote from: forevergreen on June 02, 2015, 08:56:03 PM

+1

+2

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Line Ball on June 02, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Is there not a bit of 'history' between the same referee and the Glenn manager as in last year's championship I remember the manager giving it loads to all around him, county secretary, sideline monitor of Glenn as well as the referee and he would not leave the pitch when asked to a number of times by the referee?  Maybe the ref is getting his own back, long grass and all that craic.

Getting his own back,how?

Line Ball

Quote from: Hedgehunter on June 02, 2015, 10:11:03 PM
Is there not a bit of 'history' between the same referee and the Glenn manager as in last year's championship I remember the manager giving it loads to all around him, county secretary, sideline monitor of Glenn as well as the referee and he would not leave the pitch when asked to a number of times by the referee?  Maybe the ref is getting his own back, long grass and all that craic.

Due to the actions of the Glenn sideline and players in the dugout. no?  Based on what I have heard and read on here, the player who struck was wrong but the Glenn reaction didn't help.  The ref probably didn't see the strike but certainly saw the reaction and this is why he abandoned the game, probably.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Line Ball on June 02, 2015, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on June 02, 2015, 10:11:03 PM

Due to the actions of the Glenn sideline and players in the dugout. no?  Based on what I have heard and read on here, the player who struck was wrong but the Glenn reaction didn't help.  The ref probably didn't see the strike but certainly saw the reaction and this is why he abandoned the game, probably.

Who knows what will happen...

wobbller

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!  Boring-these love-ins between Annaclone/Glenn and Burren Cpn.

snoopdog

Not much talk of the big game on sunday here. I assume the team will be announced this evening, will Mooney start in the middle of the field?
Heading to Derry on sunday more in hope than anything else, long aul drive from the capital and back in one day.
do the minors have a chance? Looks like Donegal are the team to beat for Ulster in minor and Senior, amazing how far they have come since 2010 in Ballybofey at both levels, with down slipping the other way.
What a difference Rodgers, Gordon,  and Coulter would ve given this team, pity they werent given the oppurtunity of a break and joining up with the squad from springtime, i think McCorry will regret his stance, you dont ignore your best players who have given their all for the county and have nothing to prove just because they cant put in the effort from november, this is an amateur game after all.

Brick Tamlin

Snoop, don't you know we are in championship mode now? No room for negativity or criticism. Its been outlawed by top brass.
That includes all original thoughts, realistic views, sound debate and criticism, constructive or otherwise.
Toe the party line. Remember the Down Way. The Kerrys and Dublins of this world don't know what they are at.

extra time

rosskarr

Snoop has a valid point of view. I wouldn't say it's sh-te.
Sunday will answer all points of view.

extra time

He usually talks it, esp when he is abusing Down players on his little laptop

snoopdog

Quote from: extra time on June 04, 2015, 02:35:49 PM

Bury your head you clown. What Down player am i abusing or have i ever abused.

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on June 04, 2015, 03:51:34 PM
Quote from: extra time on June 04, 2015, 02:35:49 PM

Bury your head you clown. What Down player am i abusing or have i ever abused.

Sorry no i remember now i once questioned a previous All Star Keepers selection of kickouts  and this fool took it as a personnel attack on one of our greats, he was so enraged by it that he sent me personnal messages of insult.
If you cant debate a point then get off the board. Arent boards all about opinions.
I doubt the same fool would stare into a 500km +  round trip on sunday to support his County
End off.