2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Cant see Conor Dunne starting, my  team, is Rowland, Butch,Tom Delaney Healy, John A, Mathew W, Joe F, Paddy Purcell, James W, Cha,Joe Campion,Zane, and inside Tommy, Willie and Picky. Thats my dream team but I know Cheddar wont chance Tom at full back but I think he would add that bit of steel to that line,and is that not a strong enough inside forward line if our forwards work hard enough we will win Up Laois

Buffalobull

Would love to see 3 changes the team that is named. Picky for Conroy, Foyle for PJ Scully and Tom Delaney for Conor Dunne. 3 big men in for 3 smaller men, we need size to match that of Offalys. We have all the hurling to beat them, I just worry we won't be physically able.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Buffalobull on June 05, 2015, 03:42:52 PM
Would love to see 3 changes the team that is named. Picky for Conroy, Foyle for PJ Scully and Tom Delaney for Conor Dunne. 3 big men in for 3 smaller men, we need size to match that of Offalys. We have all the hurling to beat them, I just worry we won't be physically able.

Buffalobull is spot on and they are the changes I'd make ...Or maybe Palmer for Dunne!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

If Palmer comes in I would see him deployed as the extra defender which means one of the forwards would have to go. It's a balancing act. We can't concede goals so need the cover but we also need the scores. If we were to score with the same efficiency as the Galway game last year then we should get the win.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

burdizzo

I think Foyle is still injured. Anyway, he probably hasn't done enough hurling lately. However, Maher should certainly start.

Tobias

We have to stop Shane Dooley, I'd put cahir on him and John A on carroll and hope bergin is deployed on the 40

Mossy Bruce

Damn. I'm only going to be able to listen to the first half of the match. I'm heading to a training workshop for Japanese-style acupuncture in Santa Fe , New Mexico. I'll be learning how to stick needles in people during the second half of the match. Hey, I think I'll make a small little doll and tog it out like a miniature biffo then stick it full of needles. Hmmm. ;)

Just doing my part.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

Haha good man Bruce, a miniture biffo. Make sure you call him Shane!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Thewildcat

if laois think offaly are only Shane Dooley they are in for a land.

G@@

There's a nice little bit of hype building ahead of Sunday. Something that has been amiss in the county since the Mick O'Dwyer era. Hope there is a great atmosphere and crowd in for Sunday. Thinking of heading to the terrace as the weather is expected to be relatively nice. The Abbeyleix end is closed apparently, so we won't be seeing this guy in his florescent jacket doing all sorts of shapes...

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Don Draper

Quote from: Thewildcat on June 05, 2015, 11:03:39 PM
if laois think offaly are only Shane Dooley they are in for a land.
Stop Dooley, and you stop this Offaly team. It truly is that simple.

redsetanta

Fair play GAA. More of the same on Sunday from Tommy, he's due one. Great lay off for him though!

merman

There is a definite sense of optimism and I think a lot of that is feeding in from the football side of things too.

To be fair, we're not world-beaters in either code but we do probably bat above ourselves and we should be proud to have two teams with realistic shots at a Leinster semi-final over the weekend.

Regardless of the results on Sunday, I hope this positivity and optimism remains as it can only be good for the county...

portlaoisekid

I cant help but feel this is a defining moment in our development, it seems like the last 3 years have led to this  game.

A win here would mean the world to Laois and I feel we are well capable of beating them. My worry is us conceding goals and our lack of goal threat. They will attack our full back line with high ball and in Currums and Bergin they have a serious aerial advantage and of course Dooley is top class.

We need to improve and I believe we will, we need to play smart and our distribution from our back line off short puck outs has to be top class or else they will punish us.

I do think we will win , we need this and I believe we can and will win.

my prediction laois 2-21 offaly 3-17 

TheGreatGame

Owens is down to ref it, so at least it wont be Alan Kelly.  That's a good start!