The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: stpauls on January 21, 2015, 04:21:53 PM
have lost 2 stone over the last few months just by watching what i eat and using the Hairy Bikers/Dieters recipes for good healthy but very tasty meals!!

This a book you have bought?

stpauls

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 21, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 21, 2015, 04:21:53 PM
have lost 2 stone over the last few months just by watching what i eat and using the Hairy Bikers/Dieters recipes for good healthy but very tasty meals!!

This a book you have bought?

yeah, the have 3 out now at this stage. the wife bought the 2nd one and i got the 3rd there as a secret santa present at Christmas. some very tasty, low calorie meals in them!!

Rois

5:2 diet if you need to shift weight before toning.  Easy enough when you get used to only eating 500 calories two days a week, then keep to the recommended calories for the other days. 

gallsman

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 21, 2015, 04:22:11 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 21, 2015, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: Canalman on January 21, 2015, 04:07:31 PM
One tip I would recommend is at the weekend to buy 3/4 bags of apples/ oranges etc  to munch away at late in the evening if you feel hungry. Keeps you away from the biscuits and even worse from reaching for the Chinese delivery menu.

Apples and oranges both loaded with sugar. Should be limited as much as anything else. Carrots or celery a better option.

Carrots are a very good option....nice too!

Carrots and sweet potato chips or wedges fine in the oven with coconut oil with some hummus are a good substitute for "party food". Will be breaking them out for the Superbowl. And crying that I don't have a big bag of sensations at the same time.

charlieTully

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 21, 2015, 03:07:59 PM
Anybody training hard to get over the effects of Christmas?

What sort of stuff are you at to loose the weight?

Starting slowly myself......cardio and a few (light) weight sessions...

Doing insanity max 30 every weekday morning. It's brutal but the weight is shifting.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on January 21, 2015, 05:39:31 PM
5:2 diet if you need to shift weight before toning.  Easy enough when you get used to only eating 500 calories two days a week, then keep to the recommended calories for the other days.

Few friends doing this, they sear by it!! Ive been in a hotel since fecking September but home weekends, a fecking nightmare to be honest..... Can't wait to finish in mid Feb to get normality back. A quick fast for couple weeks and I'll be grand. Metabolism still working well thank feck!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2015, 11:45:04 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 21, 2015, 05:39:31 PM

Few friends doing this, they sear by it!! Ive been in a hotel since fecking September but home weekends, a fecking nightmare to be honest..... Can't wait to finish in mid Feb to get normality back. A quick fast for couple weeks and I'll be grand. Metabolism still working well thank feck!!

How an adult gets by on 500 calories a day is beyond me. I've heard of this diet producing results but surely in effect you starve yourself twice a week?

Rois

Well I guess you could look at it as "starving" but you wouldn't get too far psychologically on the 5:2 if you did. There's some sort of scientific theory about short bursts of fasting and the effect on your body. I lost a stone and a half on it previously, back on it now. Did a "fast day" on Monday and managed to do a heavy circuits session at Rathmore. Today I'll have a subway turkey salad for lunch and probably veggie soup in the eve. It suits me because it's two hard days but 5 normal days, unlike other diets.
MR - hotels are def a killer. We're just back from a month in NZ staying mainly in hotels and eating out. Hence the need for me to do 5:2 again.

gallsman

Quote from: Rois on January 22, 2015, 08:45:46 AM
Well I guess you could look at it as "starving" but you wouldn't get too far psychologically on the 5:2 if you did. There's some sort of scientific theory about short bursts of fasting and the effect on your body. I lost a stone and a half on it previously, back on it now. Did a "fast day" on Monday and managed to do a heavy circuits session at Rathmore. Today I'll have a subway turkey salad for lunch and probably veggie soup in the eve. It suits me because it's two hard days but 5 normal days, unlike other diets.
MR - hotels are def a killer. We're just back from a month in NZ staying mainly in hotels and eating out. Hence the need for me to do 5:2 again.

I don't think there's any other way to look at it. It sounds dramatic but starvation is exactly what it is. My primary concern with it would be trying to do strenuous exercise either the day of or the day after the fast with such a calorie and carb deficit. Those circuits must have been a nightmare.

Bingo

Eat less, move more is my moto!

On a side note been looking at getting a juicer/smoothie maker but have been drawn to one of those smaller machines - the nutri bullet. Apparently make healthier drinks as there is no waste (ie all the good bits go in), plus they are faster and easier to clean.

Anyone any experience of one? Thanks.

FermGael

Quote from: Bingo on January 22, 2015, 09:54:20 AM
Eat less, move more is my moto!

On a side note been looking at getting a juicer/smoothie maker but have been drawn to one of those smaller machines - the nutri bullet. Apparently make healthier drinks as there is no waste (ie all the good bits go in), plus they are faster and easier to clean.

Anyone any experience of one? Thanks.

I have one Bingo and they are a great job.
Small and easy cleaned.  Very little waste.

Lost nearly 2 stone myself since Halloween. 
Doing a bit more strength and conditioning work in the gym but the most of it is down to diet.
Only realised how much bread i ate when i stopped eating as much of it.
Cut out cereal in the morning and replaced with Smooties, Scrambles eggs, etc.
Salads for lunch.
Normal dinner.

Made the difference for me.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

NP 76

I have a philips juicer and take a pint every day. Vary what I do some days all greens some says beetroot. I swear by them wasn't well last year and they kept the bloods good. I used to juice anything that was in the fridge and drink it but now I stick to the recipes. Also take a shot or 2 of wheatgrass. It's a good way to get good stuff into the system easily

Walter Cronc

Got me worried folks when I see people cutting out cereal.

Is branflakes, yoghurt and orange juice bad in the mornings??

Bingo

Good stuff lads, cheers.

I actually have relation that is selling living organic Wheatgrass into supermarkets. Hopefully he will be taking it nationwide in coming months. On the wheatgrass I understand that you only juice it and therefore its not suitable for the nutri bullet as the stomach can't digest the grass itself, the goodness is in the juice from it.