Your Favourite GAA Images

Started by AbbeySider, April 12, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

woodie

Have to say, thoroughly enjoyed browsing through these images. Excellent variety with a great range across all counties. Is Niall McKenna ready to step up to the 'MARK'. Judging by the repetition of 'that image' many users, myself included, clearly believe his is the most outstanding mark/catch. Maybe in a few years time Mickey can change his midfield tactics, which have served him well to date, to suit this promising talent. Keep the images coming!! I'd upload some myself if I knew how!!! Any advice?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 16, 2010, 09:31:33 PM
Fcuk you Donnellys Hollow.....I remember his championship debut...you're making me feel v old..great half back in his time....wot age is he now 50?..... :P :P

Turns 39 later in the summer I think. It's sickening really to see him still going strong at that age - he probably still gets ID'd going into the nightclub on a Saturday night

Micko apparently thought he'd escaped from the jockey academy on the Curragh the first time he showed up for training!
http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=71474
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

5 Sams

Dunno why... but I always kept an eye on your lads...I remember the great Bill Sex...THE most famous name in Gaelic football... ;) Rainbow is a stalwart though....being a hallion of a defender meself I have enourmous respect for Glen Ryan!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 16, 2010, 10:28:14 PM
Dunno why... but I always kept an eye on your lads...I remember the great Bill Sex...THE most famous name in Gaelic football... ;) Rainbow is a stalwart though....being a hallion of a defender meself I have enourmous respect for Glen Ryan!!!

I'd say there were a few bemused spectators at matches back in the late-80s if they weren't familiar with the Kildare team. There would always be a few "G'WAN SEXY" shouts everytime Bill was in possession  ;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

MadMayo

Dual  Football  Hurling  Other (Camogie & Ladies Football)

GAA Clubs in Ireland

Football Rankings:-
1  Cork
2  Kerry
3  Mayo
4  Dublin
5  Tyrone
6  Galway
7  Derry
8  Armagh
9  Donegal
10  Monaghan
11  Down
12  Meath
13  Kildare
14  Laois
15  Wexford
16  Antrim
17  Louth
18  Sligo
19  Limerick
20  Cavan
21  Tipperary
22  Westmeath
23  Fermanagh
24  Offaly
25  Roscommon
26  Wicklow
27  Longford
28  Waterford
29  Leitrim
30  Clare
31  Carlow
32  London
33  New York
34  Kilkenny

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: EagleLord on April 16, 2010, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 16, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!

FFS Aiden O'Shea is getting assaulted in that photo. Free ref, FREEEEEEEEEEEE
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Cosmo Kramer

Some more recent Mayo pics..

Getting the party started before half time against Ros

Gardiner with the last word against Galway

Parsons winds up the natives in Sligo (some podium they have there)

and some going back a bit...

Pat and Noel in Ennis 2006

Maughan in Tuam

WJP

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stpauls

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 16, 2010, 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 16, 2010, 08:14:37 PM

Excellent Zig...any word of how he is???

see the dissident activity thread in the non-gaa section!!

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore