Ryder Cup over AI Football final

Started by donelli, September 23, 2008, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Taxpayers waste  >:(

Martin Cullen, Minister of sports, declined his 2 free all ireland tickets last sunday.
Instead of watching 70 irish amateur footballers play 2 keenly contested football finals in GAA HQ on sunday past, he chose to fly off to the USA to watch the ryders cup at the taxpayers exspense.

Personally from not knowing whether i'll even have employment in a few months time and trying to pay ever increasing bills, i was sickened to hear this. Are our politicans that removed from reality in this country???

I put this in the gaa discussion, as even ignoring the cost(which in these times is hard to), i cant believe the minister of sport for this country could justify his absense from the football showcase event of the year in favour of a golf corporate junket.

The GAA

I'd have been in Valhalla too given the choice....

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: donelli on September 23, 2008, 11:31:55 AM

Martin Cullen, Minister of sports, declined his 2 free all ireland tickets last sunday.
Instead of watching 70 irish amateur footballers play 2 keenly contested football finals in GAA HQ on sunday past, he chose to fly off to the USA to watch the ryders cup at the taxpayers exspense.

Personally from not knowing whether i'll even have employment in a few months time and trying to pay ever increasing bills, i was sickened to hear this. Are our politicans that removed from reality in this country???

I put this in the gaa discussion, as even ignoring the cost(which in these times is hard to), i cant believe the minister of sport for this country could justify his absense from the football showcase event of the year in favour of a golf corporate junket.

Im not sure this story is accurate. Like in all fairness there are cuts being made everywhere and Cullen couldnt justify going on a holiday on our money.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

lynchbhoy

it is a poor choice alright.
I wonder if he would have done the same if the ryder cup was being held in scotland over the weekend instead of sunny USA.
Doubt it.
Would somewhat agree with your sentiments Donelli

heineken_on_tap

Well ya not sure is this 100% accurate.   There are alot of people who would choose the Ryder cup over the AI. If my own county wasnt involved I'd choose the ryder cup myself and record the match.. I dont have any issue with that.

However if tax payer money was used it is very poor form alright given the current environment. Was this in the papers donelli??

heganboy

Quote from: The GAA on September 23, 2008, 11:34:55 AM

I was in Valhalla- would much have preferred to be in Dublin even though Tyrone won
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magickingdom

Quote from: heganboy on September 23, 2008, 01:42:58 PM
Quote from: The GAA on September 23, 2008, 11:34:55 AM

I was in Valhalla- would much have preferred to be in Dublin even though Tyrone won

what was it like? i see lee westwood got some abuse from the crowd and was giving out. looked great on the telly

comethekingdom

Hey - this is the man that presided over the E voting machines! What do you expect? One of a bunch thats totally and utterly removed from reality and the current state of chassis that Ireland is in!  >:(

Frank Casey

In fairness to the man after the horrors his native Waterford faced in Croke Park two weeks previously I don't blame him for clearing off the to the States.
KERRY 3:7

Zapatista

Quote from: donelli on September 23, 2008, 11:31:55 AM

Can this be confirmed?