Require programme for creating league tables

Started by donelli, March 05, 2008, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

I would be obliged if anyone on here has a programme that can create a league table from entered results.
i assume it can be done on excel using a table. i have made an attempt but am not the best on these things.
any help would be greatly appreciated.  :D

Norf Tyrone

Yeah I wouldn't mind that too. I have an excel sheet set up that will make you a table when you adjust the WDL column, but that's fairly easy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

I've been looking for that too. The old HTML editing is too time consuming and frustrating.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

heganboy

When you say a programme- what excatly do you mean? Whats it for? spreadsheet to keep track yourself, i for a website that you're determined to do yourself, any LAMP setup with Perl scripting onto MySQL is straightforward.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

donelli

Quote from: heganboy on March 06, 2008, 04:14:29 PM
When you say a programme- what excatly do you mean? Whats it for? spreadsheet to keep track yourself, i for a website that you're determined to do yourself, any LAMP setup with Perl scripting onto MySQL is straightforward.

???
im probably just after formulas on an excel sheet to keep league tables updated. they will not be for a website.
at the moment i have a standard table set up in excel. after each game, i insert either 0,1 or 2 points gained from games into relavant cells. what i am after is some way to get that information translated into your normal league table situation.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: heganboy on March 06, 2008, 04:14:29 PM
any LAMP setup with Perl scripting onto MySQL is straightforward.

Straightforward? Is it not an eccumenical matter, no?  :D

Treasurer

I have an access database set up for this - are you recording gaa scores or soccer scores?

ziggysego

Treas, my darling. Can you forward me a copy? It's for gaa scores. :)
Testing Accessibility

donelli

Quote from: Treasurer on March 07, 2008, 11:28:03 AM
I have an access database set up for this - are you recording gaa scores or soccer scores?

gaa scores
but im not that interested in scores for/against column.
i'd appreciate your file by pm if you could  :)

KC08

I have an excel spreadsheet that I created to do exactly what you need.

The way I have it setup it will be easy to customise to suit your own requirements.

I can also provide some sample ASP code to query the spreadsheet and display as a HTML.