Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 30, 2018, 04:45:00 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 30, 2018, 04:41:54 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on May 30, 2018, 04:08:54 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 30, 2018, 10:21:46 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 30, 2018, 09:39:34 AM
Would that be a first for Derrylaughan?

First time to beat Ardboe?? No chance Derrylaughan where the last team never to be out of senior football with Carrickmore until the got relegated about 1990 or so.

I thought them hallions were never relegated either? Were they not top of the league 1 year then mowed Omagh in the Cup and got banned for a year and relegated then? So not a de-facto relegation I suppose....big result for the DKB's anyway

Not sure about that Relegation but they were relegated in the 2000's with very few points maybe 0.  I remember winning a last man standing from always picking the other team.  They've got their house in order and wont be relegated this year.  What is the average relegations points total.  In the Premier League they say 40 points is safe.  In Div 1 would 14 points be the required number to say 100% safe?

I'd say if you get 10 this year you'll be safe.
Trillick not end up in a relegation play off in 2013 with 10 points?

omagh_gael

Friday night 6.45pm start for reserves will leave it hard for some teams to field.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 30, 2018, 06:51:36 PM

First time to beat Ardboe?? No chance Derrylaughan where the last team never to be out of senior football with Carrickmore until the got relegated about 1990 or so.

I thought them hallions were never relegated either? Were they not top of the league 1 year then mowed Omagh in the Cup and got banned for a year and relegated then? So not a de-facto relegation I suppose....big result for the DKB's anyway

Not sure about that Relegation but they were relegated in the 2000's with very few points maybe 0.  I remember winning a last man standing from always picking the other team.  They've got their house in order and wont be relegated this year.  What is the average relegations points total.  In the Premier League they say 40 points is safe.  In Div 1 would 14 points be the required number to say 100% safe?

Can't say I would remember that - Just looking at the table with half the teams 4 - 7 points and I'm sure a lot of big clashes between the teams involved, two wins would make a serious impact on a teams position.

GaelTheGael

The Ardboe V Carrickmore and Greencastle V Loughmacrory games have been refixed for Wednesday 13th June.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 30, 2018, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 30, 2018, 06:51:36 PM

Can't say I would remember that - Just looking at the table with half the teams 4 - 7 points and I'm sure a lot of big clashes between the teams involved, two wins would make a serious impact on a teams position.

It varies all the time naturally,but this year I think will be one of the closest in years and more points than the normal could be required as a lot of strong teams are down there at the minute and will gather points towards the end of the year where as teams who where predicted to be near the bottom have gained more points than expected already (Esp Edendork & Derrylaughan) and a lot of them still have to play each other aswel!

2 years ago this was the bottom 4 teams, cudnt find last years table, but this shows that 10 was needed that year to be safe and out of a playoff!

13   Strabane Sigersons       15   4   10   1   172   241   9
14   Augher St Macartan's GFC   15   4   10   1   210   284   9
15   An Eaglais, Naoimh Pádraig   15   3   12   0   206   298   6
16   Kildress Wolfe Tones     15   1   12   2   163   222   4

square_ball

6 points would have been enough for safety last year but I'd say that was a one off.

WT4E

I think 7 points kept you safe in 2015

So 10 would be a good target

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on May 31, 2018, 11:46:13 AM

There doesn't seem to be that 1 club adrift from the rest that at the halfway point in the year you can say there gone with any degree of confidence.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 31, 2018, 11:59:53 AM
Quote from: WT4E on May 31, 2018, 11:46:13 AM

There doesn't seem to be that 1 club adrift from the rest that at the halfway point in the year you can say there gone with any degree of confidence.

Yes but I think that when one/two clubs so far behind it usually increases the bar - so this year should be low?

Tyrone95

Killyclogher v Dromore - by 3
Edendork v Ardboe - Draw
Coalisland v Moy - by 4
Carrickmore v Galbally - by 2
Derrylaughan v Donaghmore - by 2
Omagh v Pomeroy - by 3
Trillick V Errigal
Aghyaran V Clonoe

BIGONE

Killyclogher v Dromore
Edendork v Ardboe
Coalisland v Moy
Carrickmore v Galbally
Derrylaughan v Donaghmore
Omagh v Pomeroy
Trillick V Errigal
Aghyaran V Clonoe

Tyrone Gaa

Killyclogher v Dromore
Edendork v Ardboe
Coalisland v Moy
Carrickmore v Galbally
Derrylaughan v Donaghmore
Omagh v Pomeroy
Trillick V Errigal
Aghyaran V Clonoe
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

Tattyreagh v Aghaloo
Kildress v Gortin
Stewartstown v Loughmacrory A tentative nod here as we've picked up two significant injuries with Antoin Fox and Pearse Dobbs out.
Eglish v Cookstown
Greencastle v Dungannon
Augher v Urney
Derrytresk v Strabane
Owen Roes v Moortown

Tyrone03

Quote from: Snapchap on May 28, 2018, 09:20:36 PM
Quote from: TheWaterBoy on May 28, 2018, 11:44:42 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 27, 2018, 10:58:56 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 10:18:31 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 27, 2018, 09:39:36 PM
Looking at their games left I'd say they might stay up. Still worrrting times for them. Coaisland got rid of their management recently, will carrickmore players do the same. The game has moved on a lot since Monroe last managed it seems.
I'd be certain this will not be the case in Carmen. Yes we haven't started the season well but in reality this past few years has been a matter of assuring safety with anything above that being a bonus. I have full faith that the 3 men at the helm are the right men for the job and will get us through this 'transition period' which is breeding successful minor and u16 teams through. Frustrating as an onlooker to see the performances produced vs Killyclogher, clonoe and 2nd half in Omagh cannot be maintained consistently.

They have better players on their reserve team than they have on the senior side.Penrose Donnely Gormley and Daly all on the wrong side of 35. Holding out positions from some excellent youth players.Some big decisions to be made in Carrickmore but they have to much quality not to turn it around a few men need to be sent off to the glue factory.
It's impossible for any club to just flog these experienced players and expect a bunch of 18/19/20 year olds to compete at a high level with no experience or advice from such players. Carmens injury list also not helping the current league form with another 2 serious injury's today, penrose (suspected achilles) and young ciaran cuddy who was stretchered off at the end of the game with what looked like a cruciate injury!
A few of the successful minor team of 2016 are going to America for the summer which wont help things.
Any names?

Young Daly and loughran.. although they haven't played much

redzone

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 01, 2018, 10:20:08 AM
Tattyreagh v Aghaloo
Kildress v Gortin
Stewartstown v Loughmacrory A tentative nod here as we've picked up two significant injuries with Antoin Fox and Pearse Dobbs out.
Eglish v Cookstown
Greencastle v Dungannon
Augher v Urney
Derrytresk v Strabane
Owen Roes v Moortown

What happened fox, is he doubt for next Friday night