Recommend me a mobile phone

Started by Never beat the deeler, March 17, 2020, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2023, 04:28:01 PM
My contract with o2 is up this month. Has anyone ever took a sim only contract with O2 through Uswitch? Their deal on say 30g is over half the price that O2 are quoting me directly. The uswitch says it includes roaming and o2 priority. I'm just wondering what the catch is?
I renewed with O2 the last time via the online chat with them and I mentioned the USwitch deal. They asked for a link and I shared it and they matched the deal then.

jcpen

Quote from: theskull1 on July 18, 2023, 10:06:48 PM
Bought my missus a Pixel 7 as the requirement to have a better camera was a big want and in that respect it doesn't disappoint..... but what is disappointing is the battery drain. I've worked through a couple of youtube videos recommending various setting changes but those haven't made any discernible difference.

Is this something others are experiencing? gallsman?
Ah no I hope this isn't a widespread issue. Ordered my phone  last week from Virgin but out of stock ATM so I could still cancel order if this is a big problem with the Pixal 7.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

lurganblue

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on July 18, 2023, 10:48:49 PM
My contract with o2 is up this month. Has anyone ever took a sim only contract with O2 through Uswitch? Their deal on say 30g is over half the price that O2 are quoting me directly. The uswitch says it includes roaming and o2 priority. I'm just wondering what the catch is?
I renewed with O2 the last time via the online chat with them and I mentioned the USwitch deal. They asked for a link and I shared it and they matched the deal then.

Were you renewing sim only or including a handset? That's good to know that they might match it

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: lurganblue on July 19, 2023, 08:23:00 AM

Were you renewing sim only or including a handset? That's good to know that they might match it
Renewing SIM only

Square Ball

Quote from: lurganblue on July 19, 2023, 08:23:00 AM

Daughter was with Virgin, got a new iPhone through a third party, 2 year deal cheaper then their comparative 3 year, saved £800.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

Any help will do, as it may save her life!!

Wife bought a new Apple phone, so she didn't know/forgot Apple ID password so tried to reset it, typically after doing the reset she remembers it!!

(now anytime I do that it resets it straight away, I never remember that particular password! )

She was told it will take 5 days to be able to reset, now it won't reset it and sending her round the bend! Doing my head in, in the process.

Any ideas how to do this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2023, 04:28:01 PMMy contract with o2 is up this month. Has anyone ever took a sim only contract with O2 through Uswitch? Their deal on say 30g is over half the price that O2 are quoting me directly. The uswitch says it includes roaming and o2 priority. I'm just wondering what the catch is?

Thread bump.

Need to sort sim only contract and seen some great deals online through Uswitch and the like.  Spoke to the likes of Three and Vodafone instore and when I mentioned the deals they said they were specific to online only.

Assume it's all legit?

tyrone86

Quote from: tintin25 on November 22, 2023, 10:17:12 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on July 18, 2023, 04:28:01 PMMy contract with o2 is up this month. Has anyone ever took a sim only contract with O2 through Uswitch? Their deal on say 30g is over half the price that O2 are quoting me directly. The uswitch says it includes roaming and o2 priority. I'm just wondering what the catch is?

Thread bump.

Need to sort sim only contract and seen some great deals online through Uswitch and the like.  Spoke to the likes of Three and Vodafone instore and when I mentioned the deals they said they were specific to online only.

Assume it's all legit?

It should be fine. I got a new contract with a S23 through the moneysavingsupermarket cheap phone deals and have had no bother - it tells you the total price of the contract including handset price so there shouldn't be any surprises.

Milltown Row2

Does anyone still have house phone? Ours broke down about 10 years ago, we haven't replaced it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

When I got the fibre in this year it was extra to have a VoIP for the phone so I didn't bother as I'm paying for enough for mobiles so all calls are done using these.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2023, 11:21:50 AMDoes anyone still have house phone? Ours broke down about 10 years ago, we haven't replaced it
I tried that one several times MR and got faceache from the missus. "Oh what about x, y and z who have our number", "what if the mast goes down and we can't ring for an ambulance etc.". Our phone only ever rings when her Ma calls her or nuisance calls (some may consider them the same thing  ;) ) - 99% of calls are via mobile!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2023, 01:16:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2023, 11:21:50 AMDoes anyone still have house phone? Ours broke down about 10 years ago, we haven't replaced it
I tried that one several times MR and got faceache from the missus. "Oh what about x, y and z who have our number", "what if the mast goes down and we can't ring for an ambulance etc.". Our phone only ever rings when her Ma calls her or nuisance calls (some may consider them the same thing  ;) ) - 99% of calls are via mobile!

I got fed up answering calls or getting off my arse to do it only to get some arsehole telling me my computer (didn't have one) was going to have problems with a virus!

I generally kept them on the phone and waited an hour and hung up

dec

We ported our land line number to Google Voice, don't think that is available outside the US. This meant we kept the old number which we attached to an old cell phone with no SIM card that is on wifi at home. We still get the occasional call, mostly junk, except for some calls from the NYC schools system which still has the number for our kids.