Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Clonoe posters where in under God did you's get Martin McErlain out of?! How are you's letting that man represent your club?

tothetop03

Quote from: on the sideline on July 31, 2017, 12:15:24 PM
Clonoe posters where in under God did you's get Martin McErlain out of?! How are you's letting that man represent your club?

My knowledge is that he lives in Coalisland area(my be wrong though)and he came and asked us to Referee for us and we have no referee and that was that..

Man Marker

Quote from: tothetop03 on July 31, 2017, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on July 31, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

My knowledge is that he lives in Coalisland area(my be wrong though)and he came and asked us to Referee for us and we have no referee and that was that..

He lives in the Loup and refereed for years for Ballinderry. Heavily involved in the Ballinderry club also, so perhaps some the posters from that area can explain that one, it is odd

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on July 30, 2017, 08:09:05 PM
the clarkes and eglish have really blown their chances of winning division 2 over the last week. it's in derrylaughan's hands now but with away trips to augher and stewartstown for them there might be a few twists and turns yet.

There really isn't much between any of those top 5 teams as it stands, derrylaughan,aghayaran,eglish, dungannon, augher.

It will make for an interesting championship,
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

HalfBack7

Tight at both ends of the Division 2 table. Very hard to call games in that league, should make for an interesting championship.

Derrylaughan with two difficult ties away to Augher and away to an improving Stewartstown team.
Aghyaran with a tricky starred game away to Eskra and then home to Loughmacrory.
Eglish away to Cookstown and home to Aghaloo.
Dungannon home to Loughmacrory and away to Eskra.
A couple of twists to come yet no doubt.

At the other end.
Kildress and Cookstown still to play each other, winner of that should be guaranteed intermediate football for another year.
Rock and Castlederg still to play each other as well. Winner of that game could sneak out of the relegation zone
Eskra's best chance of a win would be their home game against Aghyaran (who are without their two county men) in the next round, failing to win that you would have to expect them to make the automatic drop to Junior football.

Tyroneforsam

Pomeroy have sacked Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan. The clonoe defeat at the weekend was the final straw.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on August 01, 2017, 07:48:53 PM
Pomeroy have sacked Peter Doherty and Conal Sheridan. The clonoe defeat at the weekend was the final straw.

At the start of the season Plunkett supporters had big hopes for this team but there is a difference between Div 1 and 2. Yes, some teams breach the gap but not everyone does it. The teams who generally do well after promotion are teams with recent experience of Div 1 and are therefore prepared for what is in front of them.

Some Pomeroy men were very brash at the end of last year and stating on here that top 8 was within their grasp and basically dismissing the bottom 8 clubs - admittedly the starred games have affected them but we knew there would be 5 starred games before the start of the season - it is not as if the starred system is a new idea.

Who has taken over or who will take over - a massive 2 games left and Pomeroy probably need minimum 1 point possibly 2 to survive without a play off.

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 01, 2017, 08:31:36 PM

At the start of the season Plunkett supporters had big hopes for this team but there is a difference between Div 1 and 2. Yes, some teams breach the gap but not everyone does it. The teams who generally do well after promotion are teams with recent experience of Div 1 and are therefore prepared for what is in front of them.

Some Pomeroy men were very brash at the end of last year and stating on here that top 8 was within their grasp and basically dismissing the bottom 8 clubs - admittedly the starred games have affected them but we knew there would be 5 starred games before the start of the season - it is not as if the starred system is a new idea.

Who has taken over or who will take over - a massive 2 games left and Pomeroy probably need minimum 1 point possibly 2 to survive without a play off.

In fairness we haven't been far away in a lot of games, clonoe is the only hammering we took! Should have beaten strabane, donaghmore, trillick and killyclogher. Yes we had high hopes, but unfortunately it hasnt been a great season for a number of reasons, losing harte and O'Donnell, new management only put in place at the end of Feb, players not buying into the new management and a change in the way we'd normally play.

It's very possible we'll stay up with the 8 points we currently have. We cannot be caught by greencastle and urney and Strabane will have to win there remaining two games to overtake us which I can't see happening.

omagh_gael

Out of 10 u21 games this evening only two went ahead with big wins for the Lough over Omagh and Stewartstown beating Ardboe. Wtf is going on in this grade? I can understand games being cancelled/conceded a number of weeks back as the minor leagues etc were reaching their conclusions but as far as I am aware there more or less wrapped up across the board. Is it just a case of clubs not bothering? Or am i missing something obvious?

The Golden Years

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 01, 2017, 10:18:08 PM
Out of 10 u21 games this evening only two went ahead with big wins for the Lough over Omagh and Stewartstown beating Ardboe. Wtf is going on in this grade? I can understand games being cancelled/conceded a number of weeks back as the minor leagues etc were reaching their conclusions but as far as I am aware there more or less wrapped up across the board. Is it just a case of clubs not bothering? Or am i missing something obvious?

I find it very strange myself. A lot of the big teams have even withdrawn from the competition altogether. Moortown who won the minor double 3 years ago have not enter. It dilutes the competition for the teams that want to give it a real go.

Also only 6 teams in the u16s grade 1. That's a bit of a joke. Clubs now appear to think they can't win anything at grade 1 and drop down to grade 2. Errigal a prime example of this. They done the same at u14.

Degrassi Hi

There are several clubs in Tyrone that are very sore on managers if the tenure at places like Pomeroy, Stewartstown & Ardboe are anything to go by

square_ball

Quote from: The Golden Years on August 02, 2017, 09:49:26 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 01, 2017, 10:18:08 PM

I find it very strange myself. A lot of the big teams have even withdrawn from the competition altogether. Moortown who won the minor double 3 years ago have not enter. It dilutes the competition for the teams that want to give it a real go.

Also only 6 teams in the u16s grade 1. That's a bit of a joke. Clubs now appear to think they can't win anything at grade 1 and drop down to grade 2. Errigal a prime example of this. They done the same at u14.

It is very strange alright I think a lot of clubs just can't be bothered. I know my own club have lost a lot of players after they played minor football. The current minor team is also very young with the majority being U16 so i don't think they were even eligible to play. They tried hard to scrape together a team but numbers were very stretched. Maybe that is the case with other clubs too? It definitely does dilute the competition for those that are taking it seriously.

clarshack

seen this on the Tyrone website:

Tuesday 8th Aug 2017
Errigal Ciaran(---)v(---)Pomeroy Plunketts
2017 U21 KO1 Preliminary Round
Errigal Ciaran 7:30 PM

Tuesday 15th Aug 2017
Stewartstown Harps v Coalisland Fianna GFC
2017 U21 KO1 Quarter Final
Stewartstown 7:30 PM

Loughmacrory St. Teresa's v Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa
Loughmacrory 7:30 PM

Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire v Carrickmore St Colmcille's
Killyclogher 7:30 PM

I assume the winners of Errigal v Pomeroy will play Galbally.

Whatever about teams pulling out of the competition prior to it commencing, most of the teams listed above are pretty strong. If Tyrone were to get beat on Saturday then Ardboe would obviously have David Mulgrew back for the 1/4 finals. It is strange that Moortown didn't enter unless they have a good few players from their minor winning team of 3 years ago not playing anymore?

Coalisland is a very tough one for us. They were missing 6 players when we beat them last week so it will be a totally different game in 2 weeks time.

blewuporstuffed

Th U21 competition was much better when it was just a  knockout championship without these group stages etc.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on August 02, 2017, 10:38:55 AM

Coalisland is a very tough one for us. They were missing 6 players when we beat them last week so it will be a totally different game in 2 weeks time.

Do you have many from last years team still playing Clarshack?