NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: APM on March 25, 2024, 05:51:52 PMOf course they've improved. I know your opinion of them isn't based on last year alone, but they are on an upward trajectory and with Laverty into his second year there is more to come. There is no big fuss about them either so they are nicely positioned. They have been quite commanding in getting out of Division 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the mix for promotion next year - they would easily be a match for any of the Division 2 teams that weren't promoted.  Armagh would be a step up for them if they both make the Ulster Semi (which they should), but Down will have revenge on their minds + the extra motivation to stay in the Sam Maguire. Write them off at your peril!
Yeah was surprised at how poor they were last year- some very good players and Laverty is a shrewd manager. Expecting a tougher game this year if we do meet

They're definitely not far  off Cork/Meath/Cavan/Louth so could go well next year as well in division 2.

Eire90

a very late throw in time for final

Dayman

Quote from: Eire90 on March 26, 2024, 04:32:56 AMa very late throw in time for final

Also looking at Ticketmaster it seems they are only opening the Lower Hogan. I was at the Tailteann Cup final last year where they did the same and the level of overcrowding was extremely uncomfortable, almost worse than an AI final. Ridiculous that in a stadium that size they can't open up at least the Davin as well to give people a bit of room to sit in.

marty34

Is it giving wet in Dublin on Sat and Sun?

Rossfan

Quote from: Dayman on March 28, 2024, 01:01:05 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on March 26, 2024, 04:32:56 AMa very late throw in time for final

Also looking at Ticketmaster it seems they are only opening the Lower Hogan. I was at the Tailteann Cup final last year where they did the same and the level of overcrowding was extremely uncomfortable, almost worse than an AI final. Ridiculous that in a stadium that size they can't open up at least the Davin as well to give people a bit of room to sit in.

Could ye not just move anyway?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Aristo 60

Its not just about moving seat. They don't open the majority of the facilities with the result that the queues for toilets and kiosks got totally overcrowded. Last year at Down v Cavan it was a dangerous cattle crush on the hogan stand concourse with everyone trying to get to the 1 or 2 bathrooms. Little they care. GAA - where we all belong.

clonian

Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 28, 2024, 03:46:02 PMIts not just about moving seat. They don't open the majority of the facilities with the result that the queues for toilets and kiosks got totally overcrowded. Last year at Down v Cavan it was a dangerous cattle crush on the hogan stand concourse with everyone trying to get to the 1 or 2 bathrooms. Little they care. GAA - where we all belong.

Was there not a problem with the toilets at the semi final v Laois? I remember there was a few problems that day. Meath and Antrim headed out as Down and Laois came in caused a jam.

Aristo 60

Quote from: clonian on March 28, 2024, 04:41:34 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 28, 2024, 03:46:02 PMIts not just about moving seat. They don't open the majority of the facilities with the result that the queues for toilets and kiosks got totally overcrowded. Last year at Down v Cavan it was a dangerous cattle crush on the hogan stand concourse with everyone trying to get to the 1 or 2 bathrooms. Little they care. GAA - where we all belong.

Was there not a problem with the toilets at the semi final v Laois? I remember there was a few problems that day. Meath and Antrim headed out as Down and Laois came in caused a jam.

Yes you are correct - in my old age I must have been confusing the blue and white strips! It was the Laois game.

Orior

Down's second point followed two bounces 😮
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

That free? Worse miss I've seen at that level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Low quality game this, some horrible misses by both sides.

Blowitupref

Half time Down 0-8 Westmeath 1-4
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Why Down not in red, Do both teams have to wear away colours?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

All of the Leitrim and laois supporters have gone home.