Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Jaysus does this nutter Archie ever stop whinging?

And for the record Wenger did see it and he makes perfect sense but I love the blind man parody when he performs it...

A nonsense story emanating from the tabloids...

Quote"Of course we want to stamp out cheating in the game," Wenger said. "It is not necessarily cheating sometimes, it (handball) can be a reflex as well.

"I do not encourage cheating and we all have to fight against it, but in this particular situation it can be a reflex as well.

"When the player goes down sometimes it is not always because he wants to cheat.

"It can be a foul and he makes a bit more of it, but the personality I feel in England that the personality of the player who does it is more important than the importance of the foul and the cheating.
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Don't you mean Wenger?

In fairness, you have to admire Wenger for sticking up for his players. Any manager would, but it's the embarrassing crap Wenger comes out with that makes it so annoying and makes a fool of himself. He see's the incidents he wants to see.

Dinny Breen

And you're still whinging   :D Let it go lad, let it go..
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 20, 2009, 07:45:31 PM
Don't you mean Wenger?

In fairness, you have to admire Wenger for sticking up for his players. Any manager would, but it's the embarrassing crap Wenger comes out with that makes it so annoying and makes a fool of himself. He see's the incidents he wants to see.

You'll cringe when you are in second year.
MWWSI 2017

nutsy--1

Arsene Wenger isn't the only manager to defend his players, Mark Hughes defended adebayor for stamping on a person's face and for Bellamy hitting an over passionate fan.

I enjoyed this weekend of football, it the first time i cheered United in a long time.

nutsy--1

Good win today, good performance from Cesc Mannone and all the defence. Keep it up

ONeill

Cesc was actually crap for 3/4 of the game. Worried about his plans. Mannone the Great.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Mannone made the kind of saves Almunia never seems to make  :-\

It was a good win for Arsenal and they should make up points on either Chelsea or Liverpool next week hopefully it will be a draw..
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Arsenal: Mannone, Eboue, Gallas, Vermaelen, Clichy, Song Billong, Rosicky, Fabregas, Diaby, Arshavin, van Persie.

Subs: Szczesny, Sagna, Senderos, Eduardo, Vela, Ramsey, Gibbs.

Olympiakos: Nikopolidis, Zewlakow, Avraam Papadopoulos, Mellberg, Raul Bravo, Ledesma, Torosidis, Dudu, Zairi, Leonardo, Diogo.

Subs: Urko, Domi, Galitsios, Stoltidis, Oscar, Mitroglou, Giannis Papadopoulos.

ONeill

1-0 RVP. Clooney doing a great job in goal for the Greeks.

ONeill

Arseshaving 2-0. 5-a-side goal. Perhaps off-side but worth watching tonight.

gerry

maybe it was but good to get a win.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Declan

Arsenal are a joy to watch in that form

Norf Tyrone

Surprised there is no mention of Wenger's records yesterday on here.

Anyhow. In the interests of camaraderie, and fairness. After Dinny posted the Drogba article last week, have any of you seen the Walcott article in Sunday's observer sport monthly. The fella literally came from nowhere to play top class football. Cannot find it online, but will scan it later if needs.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone