Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

I meant instead of Rosicky and Podolski. Arteta loss when went of. Per being playing poorly. Unfair to criticise Monreal. Playing out of position.

ONeill

I've seen Monreal plenty of times in position. He's average. Gibbs is an OK defender. Mertesecker's best days are well behind him. Arteta and Flamini are never league-winning protection. Yet Arsene still refuses to strengthen.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Monreal only back up defender. Per only 30 plenty of years in him. Just needs to get out of his slump. Big mistake not buying but Wenger said he tried.

muppet

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 04, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Monreal only back up defender. Per only 30 plenty of years in him. Just needs to get out of his slump. Big mistake not buying but Wenger said he tried.

eats
shoots
&
leaves
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

There's no aggression in that defensive unit. Campbell, Toure, Lauren and Cole would have taken ball and man. Today it was Alexis and even Welbeck clearing the ball in their own box. Mertesecker was gassed by Low this year when he saw the deterioration and moreorless retired the man at 29. Koscielny isn't the answer either.

ONeill

mrdeeds

Play Bellerin right back Chambers centre half and put Kos back in when fit. Get to January and buy straight away. Should have target identified now.

Windmill abu

Home draw, not the worst possible result.
How many first choice players missing.
Debuchy, Koscielny, Walcott, Ozil, Wilshire, Giroud.
While I appreciate that all these players probably wouldn't have started tonight. I think thay the ideal team selection would have been
Sczechney, Debuchy, Mertsacker, Koscielny,Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey,Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez & Giroud. With Chambers, Wilshire, Oxlande-chamberlain & Wellback as subs.
Like everyone else apart from Arsene I see the need for another central defender, I don't think the gunners are too far away from being genuine contenders.

Never underestimate the power of complaining

T Fearon

Windmill,they were 3 nil up at home to Anderlecht and only drew! Genuine contenders for what? Next year's Capital Cup?

tyroneman

The logic of playing a tragically poor LB, with no physical presence at CH is laughable. More incompetence from Wenger.

And for all the papers talk up this 'vaunted' attacking force Arsenal are.........not much evidence

ONeill

tiempo

Quote from: tyroneman on November 09, 2014, 05:49:56 PM
The logic of playing a tragically poor LB, with no physical presence at CH is laughable. More incompetence from Wenger.

And for all the papers talk up this 'vaunted' attacking force Arsenal are.........not much evidence

A couple of seasons ago wenger stumbled across sagna as a competent 3rd/4th choice CB in a game v sunderland when he had no other options, he now reckons any half assed full back can do it, i've been saying since monreal first went there in the charity shield that it would end in tears, an absolute half job if ever there was one. what is the point having reserves/u21s etc if they will never get promoted e.g. how LVG promoted mcnair and he's doing ok, surely the arsenal teenage cb's must have some understanding of the position and would perhaps be able to cope. i think he'll probably buy another attacking midfielder next and promote oxlade chamberlain or cazorla to full back/centre half, sure f**k it why not

Minder

What did Wenger say about Merson ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"