Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsaff

Quote from: antone2907 on November 07, 2019, 10:36:26 AM
Matthew Fitzpatrick & Ryan Murray not on this years panel is a big blow to Antrim.

Would have been good if you had got them on the panel along with Cunningham and Thomas McCann

could be another long year in div 4

bannside

Hopefully Ryan will be available to join up with panel after Christmas. To be fair Lenny did well to get a few years from Matt Fitz...soccer was always his first love....but who knows maybe he too could rejoin the panel for the championship when the soccer dies down.

Still enough quality in the panel to be optimistic we can get promotion this year. A bit of positivity all round this year would be a big help. #LetsgetbehindLenny

Sportacus

Thoughts on the new jersey?

marty34

Quote from: Sportacus on November 07, 2019, 07:07:11 PM

What happened Creagh Concrete - strange not seeing it on front.

Minder

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2019, 07:17:03 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on November 07, 2019, 07:07:11 PM

What happened Creagh Concrete - strange not seeing it on front.

They are sponsoring the development squads

Prices are ridiculous but that's hardly Antrim's fault
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

paddyjohn

I like it. Looks smart, strange on Creagh on the front.

marty34

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 07, 2019, 07:26:59 PM
I like it. Looks smart, strange on Creagh on the front.
[/quote

Is Antrim jersey on a 2 year cycle?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 07, 2019, 07:55:19 AM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 06, 2019, 04:24:47 PM
Well what do we think of Gaelfast so far?
Looks like it is active in the weak areas/clubs Colin Gaels , Ardoyne Pearses , Lower Falls , Larne and staying away from areas with stronger clubs. That's the right approach and looks like it's getting stronger all the Times

Be wasting their time promoting football in a hurling only club
Where does anybody who wants to play football in Larne go then? Maybe Gaelfast could help establish a dual club

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 08, 2019, 10:07:14 PM
Looks like it is active in the weak areas/clubs Colin Gaels , Ardoyne Pearses , Lower Falls , Larne and staying away from areas with stronger clubs. That's the right approach and looks like it's getting stronger all the Times

Where does anybody who wants to play football in Larne go then? Maybe Gaelfast could help establish a dual club

are you encouraging football in Cushendall?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cushendall have a football club close to them though.

Carnlough did used to have a football team I think.

bannside

The Carnlough boys played for Glenarm footballers originally and in latter years Glenravel. Dont recall a Carnlough gaelic football team tho ITG.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2019, 11:16:11 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 08, 2019, 10:07:14 PM

are you encouraging football in Cushendall?
I'D be encouraging all codes in all places and would be great to see some clubs/codes emerge in areas not known to be GAA strong. I saw Gaelfast were in Larne recently and thought that was good to see. 10/12 years ago there was no St Brigids and look how strong they are now but they could haven't any hurling so an opportunity there too

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on November 09, 2019, 01:29:07 PM
The Carnlough boys played for Glenarm footballers originally and in latter years Glenravel. Dont recall a Carnlough gaelic football team tho ITG.

My dad mentioned they had a team once. Must check I am not imagining things and it wasn't gleanarm.

Milltown Row2

I actually don't mind single code clubs. Us dual clubs collectively have won more, the Johnnies in football and Rossa in hurling mainly and both those teams have had success with their lesser codes.

And it never hampered my club. I'm still of the opinion we need a Belfast only hurling club or two to actually really give Belfast a chance at competing in Antrim and beyond
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

I wouldn't disagree with you on a hurling only club in Belfast that had a football club nearby for those who wanted to do both. But where does a young lad in south Belfast go to hurl or in Toomebridge.... - one of the great things about GAA is 2 sports to try before settling on 1 in Most cases