Aaron Hernandez

Started by tonto1888, January 17, 2020, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Has anybody watched the documentary on Netflix?

Walter Cronc

Watched couple of episodes there. Very good!! Mad stuff altogether.

Shamrock Shore

Just started to watch on Netty. Must admit, never heard of him but, as I think American Football is an abomination, then that's hardly surprising.

Rois

I've watched it. Interesting findings at the end.

themac_23

Finished it yesterday, really torn about the whole thing, no remorse for what he done, I think he came across as someone who genuinely believed he could do what he wanted when he wanted. Flip side you look at what he was battling with his sexuality, drug addiction and pressure of being in the public domain. The bit that hit was his gay team mate who basically said he didn't care about his body etc as he was planning on killing himself when he retired, really dark stuff. I'd say in team sports there are plenty of fellas feeling like that, the 'banter' in a team changing room can be to the bone and people probably think they can't come out. If they do, they should watch that interview and see how that guy could live his life and the support he received 

lurganblue

I haven't watched the Netflix episodes yet but I did listen to the podcasts last year by the Boston Globe.  They were excellent.  Of course I am not an expert on concussion and head injuries but I just didn't like the attempt to paint his actions as a result of these.  I'm assuming the Netflix show makes reference to this too?

Shamrock Shore

It does show a scan of his brain at the end showing its degeneration.

nrico2006

Always interested in his case so was looking forward to watching it when it came out last week.  Thought it was ok as a documentary but probably have read too much on it in the past so there was no real shocks when I watched it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'