A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

If Brexit goes through it may well be on WTO terms which will hammer UK GDP. The NI block grant will probably be cut.
Exporters in NI will not have cost free access to the Single Market. So their earnings will fall. The NHS will be in serious trouble. 
It's not going to be my little unionist pony .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

If if if.The fact is the British and EU need each other hence after all the puffing and blowing what will emerge is a Brexit so soft that it will hardly be noticeable.

This reminds me of the DUP never sitting in government with SF or SF never sitting in Stormont.All huffing and puffing until reality kicks in

BennyCake

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 02, 2017, 11:30:27 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 02, 2017, 09:42:56 AM
Do you think Unionists will go quietly into a United Ireland? They couldn't even accept the Union Fleg vote on City Hall.

If the fleg protest are anything to go by then it will all fizzle out pretty quickly

Initial rage

few months later no-one can be bothered

Quare difference in their fleg and their "country".

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 01:50:42 PM
If if if.The fact is the British and EU need each other hence after all the puffing and blowing what will emerge is a Brexit so soft that it will hardly be noticeable.

This reminds me of the DUP never sitting in government with SF or SF never sitting in Stormont.All huffing and puffing until reality kicks in

I'm not so sure about a soft Brexit. The EU need to discourage other country from exiting, but need to placate Britain too. It's a fine line.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on May 02, 2017, 03:51:53 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 01:50:42 PM

I'm not so sure about a soft Brexit. The EU need to discourage other country from exiting, but need to placate Britain too. It's a fine line.
Plus the Brexit ministers are hopeless

T Fearon

This is all handbags The Brexit will be soft simply because both UK and EU are mutually dependent

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 04:15:10 PM
This is all handbags The Brexit will be soft simply because both UK and EU are mutually dependent
Brexit is a fantasy. It will be a mess. The Irish government cares more about Unionists than anyone in Downing St.

Rossfan

Who needs the other the most?
I know one part of us would love to see the Brits totally fck up but we also know it's better for us if they remain reasonably successful and maintain a common trading area.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2017, 05:29:16 PM
I know one part of us would love to see the Brits totally fck up but we also know it's better for us if they remain reasonably successful and maintain a common trading area.
I would love to see the Tories f**k up and be excluded from  power for a generation

BennyCake

Aye but do the EU want France, Spain, Italy etc exiting too? If Britain get a cracking deal, others will be queuing up to leave (I think they are anyway).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2017, 05:32:05 PM
I would love to see the Tories f**k up and be excluded from  power for a generation

They were out for a generation and uk government still fucked up... politicians will always f**k you over doesn't matter a feck what colour of tie you were
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2017, 07:55:36 PM

They were out for a generation and uk government still fucked up... politicians will always f**k you over doesn't matter a feck what colour of tie you were

+1

I wish people would stop going on about this Tory and Labour shite. They both sing from the same hymn sheet. They're not there to do me or you any good.

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyCake on May 02, 2017, 10:36:56 PM

+1

I wish people would stop going on about this Tory and Labour shite. They both sing from the same hymn sheet. They're not there to do me or you any good.

No point talking to gobshites who are obsessed with the Left as if left wing politics will change everything for the better. They are usually failed university students who think they know better what to do with your wages I.e. Give it to welfare scroungers
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 03, 2017, 07:12:57 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 02, 2017, 10:36:56 PM

+1

No point talking to gobshites who are obsessed with the Left as if left wing politics will change everything for the better. They are usually failed university students who think they know better what to do with your wages I.e. Give it to welfare scroungers

Yeah because these welfare "scroungers" are the real problem. I see their propaganda has won you over anyway.

Rossfan

Time to go back to the 1840s and put them all on outdoor relief building roads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM