Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2017, 04:16:23 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 17, 2017, 03:53:21 PM
A game that Armagh can win. Kildare will likely be without their best midfielder Feely and were wide open in defence against Dublin making it all too easy to score. Armagh have the forwards to exploit wide open defences and Armagh are improving in defence, held C Sweeney, M Quinlivan to one score from play last Saturday.
It's a bit of a leap from Dublin to Armagh in terms of opening defences, with all due respect
Dublin hadn't much opening to do. The defending for both goals was shocking. The likes of Brogan,O'Callaghan had all the time and space on the ball to kick scores for fun. Give Jamie Clarke the same time and space on the ball and he will cause serious damage also.

Armamike

Tough game. Haven't seen much of Kildare but if they don't tend to sit back too much it may actually suit Armagh.  Would expect both sides to be up for this one and it to be pretty open.  Would be worried about Kildare's ability to run through us down the middle. We still tend to let teams get through too easily.  We could be more cynical in this regard  ;)  Should be a good game for the neutral.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

omagh_gael

What happened Peter Kelly? He's a sub now but I remember him coming on to the scene with some deadly performances. Did he get an all star/nomination? I think I remember him getting an injury thpugh.

Donnellys Hollow

All Star in 2010. Did his cruciate playing for UCD in 2011. He has been fairly injury prone since then.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Wildweasel74

I think in reality Dublin would put 15 on Armagh so judging kildare on that game would not be the mark on which to judge Armagh beating kildare!

illdecide

The bookies are seldom wrong and PP have Kildare currently as 4/7 favourites, earlier this morning the betting was 4/6 then 8/13 and now 4/7. So obviously people have lumped on so odds have been cut, I would kinda agree with them on the prices.
Kildare will give Armagh their fill of it and more but it certainly wouldn't be the shock of the Championship should Armagh win and they do have a big chance but Kildare are rightly favourites. (Thats not being the soft fella either...playing down our chances, just being realistic)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

Jaysus there'll be some collecting done outside the ground for this game, by both sides, to pay the same man. £300 a ticket to win a bag of apples or a horse.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2017, 09:12:51 PM
Jaysus there'll be some collecting done outside the ground for this game, by both sides, to pay the same man. £300 a ticket to win a bag of apples or a horse.

A bit of horse with apple sauce is grand.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haveaharp

Quote from: illdecide on July 17, 2017, 09:09:54 PM
The bookies are seldom wrong and PP have Kildare currently as 4/7 favourites, earlier this morning the betting was 4/6 then 8/13 and now 4/7. So obviously people have lumped on so odds have been cut, I would kinda agree with them on the prices.
Kildare will give Armagh their fill of it and more but it certainly wouldn't be the shock of the Championship should Armagh win and they do have a big chance but Kildare are rightly favourites. (Thats not being the soft fella either...playing down our chances, just being realistic)

All bull aside I would be making Kildare something like 1/4.

Il Bomber Destro

I think Armagh have every chance in this.

A lot has been said about Kildare so far but they have proven very little, Armagh have a talented bunch of players coming through now and as maligned as McGeeney has been he is clearly a manager who players are very loyal and committed to. Armagh remind a little bit of 2014. I think they have got real quality in that forward line, McParland was very sharp at the weekend, Murnin is a serious ball winner and reminds me a little bit of Enda Muldoon. Clarke and Grugan are two very classy players and if you add in the likes of Campbell, O'Neill, Rafferty etc off the bench then you can have good options there.

I'd worry a little for them defensively but I think they're heading in the right direction.

Is there any hope Dyas will play some football this year?

Targetman

I wouldn't be lumping on Kildare at them odds, I would give Armagh a good chance of winning this game , it's wonderful what a bit of momentum can do, Kildare have lost one of their best players through suspension so it'll be close, Down and Armagh double,   nice little earner!!

LilySavage

Kildare have lost to Louth at 1/6, Wicklow at 1/8 and Westmeath at 2/7 just to name a few in recent memory. Wouldn't read too much into a slight nod from the odds compilers. Feely and Doyle out swings this in Armagh favour. Armagh were comfortable enough in Thurles despite the poor call on goal in first half and Quinlivan goal at crucial time didn't stop them either. 50/50 game.

lurganblue

I expect this to be a bit of a shootout.  Both teams capable of putting up a decent score.  Goals chances will be crucial.

Armagh turn over a fierce amount of ball with high intensity tackling.  Hopefully this continues and is a platform for victory.

stew

We have no chance here, I saw the trouble Kildare gave Dublin despite back to back sucker punches, they are an exceptional outfit who score a ton and who fight for every ball, we are progressing nicely and will put it up to them for a while but I see them beating us by seven points or so.

I was praying for a tie with Down, get them we are in the QF, now we can hopefully give a good account of ourselves and with the squad we have and the experience we have gained, I expect us to dominate D3 next season and get promotion.

McGeeney will keep his job after this run, he will also be very motivated going up against Kildare for obvious reasons, interesting draws make for great games.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

punt kick

It is a great draw for Armagh, win or lose it will show where they are, another match against Down would have showed nothing, no point in getting to a quarter to be tanked by Tyrone or Dublin.