Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 25, 2008, 04:45:58 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 24, 2008, 11:40:43 PM
All the club Senior Quarter Finals next weekend are off because of the Mayo minor game.

I thought they would play them all on Sunday and have the minor game on Saturday, in somewhere like Limerick, but they cancelled all the senior club fixtures.

any word about c\ship games this weekend???

Games still postponed until the weekend of the 6th of September. The only games going ahead is some intermediate ties that have no Mayo minors involved. AFAICT the Senior Quarter finals will remain on the same days/times but on the weekend of the 6th.

Im speculating here but I think if the minor game is a draw in Ennis then it should go to extra time.
If the minors win they will be playing on the 3rd weekend in September, so the Senior round of games on the weekend of the 6th of September wont effect things. 

AbbeySider

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 28, 2008, 11:41:00 AM
AFAICT the Senior Quarter finals will remain on the same days/times but on the weekend of the 6th.

Actually the times have been changed. I just got confirmation of this fixture. (The referee was changed too)

Senior Championship Quarter-Final Saturday 6th September - 6:30pm
Ballintubber V Ballaghaderreen Ref : Martin Murphy in McHale park, Castlebar

Which would donate that the Knockmore Vs Claremorris game is moved from 530pm to a 5pm throw-in on Sat the 6th.

Farrandeelin

To be honest OMS, you asked about Louisburgh being senior, they're operating out of Division 3, I'd nearly bet on them going down this year and Kiltane to survive.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

It'd be a minor miracle if Louisburgh stayed senior. Interesting too that the two losing Intermediate finalists from the last two years (Kiltimagh in 07 and Parke in 06) have been relegated to Junior. And a poor intermediate team like Mayo Gaels survived! Shows you can't just turn up and expect to win at any stage or you'll suffer
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ludermor

It wouldnt be that much of a miracle R&G, kiltane have lost 6 of their main players this year and are really struggling. They have a lot of young lads who are not yet good enough for senior but have potential.

RedandGreenSniper

I'd still be shocked if Louisburgh took care of ye, but ya never know I guess.

Davitt Man

Any word when the remaining league games will be played or the county semi finals??

illdecide

Lads sorry for butting in on you're thread but I'm just looking for some general info. We (Clan na Gael from Co Armagh) were staying in the Breaffy Hotel last weekend, we trained 3 times on the Saturday and then played Breaffy on the Sunday morning. I was impressed by some of their players but how good would they be rated overall in the county??? i know they are playing Crossmolina this weekend and was wondering would they be in with a shout?

We played 3 x 20min matches against Breaffy and after the first 20 Min's we were destroyed but we broke fairly even in the 2nd 20Min's and then beat them well in the last 20 Min's (by that stage we had sobered up and the soreness were out of the legs). They have a good setup there with all the facilities from the hotel to use...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Davitt Man

Mayo Senior Football Championship
Outright Betting

Crossmolina    6 - 4
Charlestown    9 - 4
Ballaghadadrreen    11 - 4
Knockmore    7 - 1
Castlebar Mitchels    10 - 1
Breaffy                    14 - 1
Claremorris                    18 - 1
Ballintubber    33 - 1

illdecide

the Deel Rover

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2008, 12:17:47 PM
The betting says it all...

Not really illdecide i know the bookies have them at 14-1 now but if they beat us on saturday those odds will come tumbling down, at the start of the year we were available at 4-1 so i wouldn't read too much into it, as you said the are a handy outfit and have played really well all year i think we were the only team to beat them and that was only in the final 10 minutes , they have a nice mix of youth and experience. I know in Cross that they are very very focussed on Breaffy on saturday they know its going to be a tough encounter and i'm fairly anxious about the game myself. It will be interesting to see what team cross pick  and will they play young cafferty who has been brilliant for mayo i'm delightged for the lad a quite unassuming lad who from talking to a few of the old heads on the Cross team is willing to learn, he hasn't played senior championship for cross but he must be there of there abouts now. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2008, 10:29:12 AM
Lads sorry for butting in on you're thread but I'm just looking for some general info. We (Clan na Gael from Co Armagh) were staying in the Breaffy Hotel last weekend, we trained 3 times on the Saturday and then played Breaffy on the Sunday morning. I was impressed by some of their players but how good would they be rated overall in the county??? i know they are playing Crossmolina this weekend and was wondering would they be in with a shout?

We played 3 x 20min matches against Breaffy and after the first 20 Min's we were destroyed but we broke fairly even in the 2nd 20Min's and then beat them well in the last 20 Min's (by that stage we had sobered up and the soreness were out of the legs). They have a good setup there with all the facilities from the hotel to use...

We're a young side illdecide. The game against Crossmolina will tell us exactly where we are. Fingers crossed. What did the make of the facilities at the hotel? Great spot but no one uses the feckin place!!

AbbeySider

Speaking of Odds, here is a run down from PaddyPower Online for next weekends Senior Championship Quarter Finals
Ballintubber were 9-2 on Saturday but the odds seem to have fallen a bit since then  ;D   8)

Ballintubber v Ballaghadadrreen
Ballintubber 7 - 2        Draw 9 - 1        Ballaghadadrreen 1 - 4

Claremorris v Knockmore
Claremorris 15 - 8       Draw 7 - 1       Knockmore 8 - 15

Charlestown v Castlebar Mitchels
Charlestown 2 - 5       Draw 7 - 1       Castlebar Mitchels 5 - 2

Crossmolina v Breaffy
Crossmolina 1 - 3       Draw 17 - 2       Breaffy 11 - 4

Mitchels seem like good value, considering they have home advantage....

illdecide

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 02, 2008, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2008, 10:29:12 AM

We're a young side illdecide. The game against Crossmolina will tell us exactly where we are. Fingers crossed. What did the make of the facilities at the hotel? Great spot but no one uses the feckin place!!

Well we certainly made good use of them (3 times in the one day). You lot def moved the ball out of defence well and you're midfield are big strong men, infact you're team were strong right up the middle. Just a bit of belief and you never know.

Feck we just got Crossmaglen in the quarters of our Championship :-*

stephenite

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2008, 03:15:17 PM
Feck we just got Crossmaglen in the quarters of our Championship :-*

Some of us will be very interested and thankful if someone can halt Crossmaglens gallop to another county title this year - small matter of holding the record for consecutive senior football championships on the line ;)