Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son_of_Sam

According to the footyshow last night, Pierce Hanley is getting his first start for Brisbane Lions this weekend. Best of luck to him, will try & catch the game on t.v. to see his performance.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2008, 07:04:11 PM
Anybody know what games will be on the Saturday or sunday?

Saturday 30th Aug in McHale park
Claremorris Vs Knockmore is on at 530pm
Ballintubber Vs Ballaghadrreen is on at 7pm

Sunday Aug 31st in McHale Park
Charlestown Vs Castlebar Mitchles is on at 2pm
Crossmolina Vs Breaffy is on at 4pm

AbbeySider

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on August 22, 2008, 07:08:20 AM
According to the footyshow last night, Pierce Hanley is getting his first start for Brisbane Lions this weekend. Best of luck to him, will try & catch the game on t.v. to see his performance.

I think Setanta are showing highlights on Monday night at 7pm. They repeat that show on Tuessday aswell.
Didnt tg4 used to show the Aussie Rules? Is that show finished?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 21, 2008, 10:49:11 PM
Knockmore is sat

Was hoping that'd be the dealio as regarding the matches.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Champ15

Didnt tg4 used to show the Aussie Rules? Is that show finished

That show is on thursday nite at 10.30 i tink
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

FL/MAYO

Any score on the Claremorris/Knockmore game?

Farrandeelin

It's next Saturday!! I was just wondering if it was on the Saturday or the Sunday cos I'd miss it if it was on the Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 23, 2008, 09:44:47 PM
It's next Saturday!! I was just wondering if it was on the Saturday or the Sunday cos I'd miss it if it was on the Sunday.

Thanks Farr, thought it was today. So it will be a Claremorris win next week instead ;D No wonder no one answered my text messages..

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 22, 2008, 01:05:00 PM
Quote from: Son_of_Sam on August 22, 2008, 07:08:20 AM

I think Setanta are showing highlights on Monday night at 7pm. They repeat that show on Tuessday aswell.
Didnt tg4 used to show the Aussie Rules? Is that show finished?

I'm actually in Australia these days, thought would give people a little heads up to Pierces progress back home. Funny enough Colm Begley is being dropped for this weekend in an indirect swap.

Owenmoresider

Sunday 24th August 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Intermediate Championship
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Kiltimagh  0-8 2-6 Mayo Gaels  Claremorris Relegation Playoff 

Saturday 23rd August 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship
Burrishoole  2-10 1-7 Kiltane  Crossmolina Relegation Playoff 

Kilmeena  2-9 1-8 Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  Islandeady Relegation Playoff 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship
Carramore  2-10 0-0 Eastern Gaels  Garrymore Playoff 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers C 0-3 4-11 Killala  Ballina Playoff 
Balla  0-7 0-13 Castlebar Mitchels B Ballintubber Playoff 
Ardnaree  1-5 0-9 Islandeady  Crossmolina Playoff 
The Neale  0-9 0-6 Charlestown B Garrymore Playoff 

Senior Hurling Championship
Westport  2-8 1-14 Tooreen  Tooreen Round 3

Kiltimagh's annus horribilus continues, they play Parke now with the losers gone to Junior, some fall if they manage to lose that, especially being senior for so long before now. Similiarly Kiltane are in serious danger after a long stint in senior, but are Louisburgh minus AOM the side most likely to go down?

StoneWall

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 24, 2008, 04:15:36 PM
Sunday 24th August 2008
Kiltimagh  0-8 2-6 Mayo Gaels  Relegation Playoff
Kilmeena  2-9 1-8 Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  Relegation Playoff 

Kiltimagh's annus horribilus continues, they play Parke now with the losers gone to Junior, some fall if they manage to lose that, especially being senior for so long before now. Similiarly Kiltane are in serious danger after a long stint in senior, but are Louisburgh minus AOM the side most likely to go down?

I'm afraid it gets even worse for Kiltimagh...both themselves and Parke are now junior as 2 teams go down from intermediate this year to reduce the number of teams to 16.

Parke were intermediate finalists in 2006 (lost by 1), Kiltimagh were intermediate finalists in 2007 (lost by 1) so a fair fall for them both.

I heard the Mayo Gaels players took John Stagg (Hollymount player) Betting to the cleaners. He had them at 6/1 to win with Kiltimagh at 1/8! My sources tell me they put a considerable amount on themselves and are now enjoying a few "grand" nights out on the back of it.

AbbeySider

All the club Senior Quarter Finals next weekend are off because of the Mayo minor game.

I thought they would play them all on Sunday and have the minor game on Saturday, in somewhere like Limerick, but they cancelled all the senior club fixtures.

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 24, 2008, 11:40:43 PM
All the club Senior Quarter Finals next weekend are off because of the Mayo minor game.

I thought they would play them all on Sunday and have the minor game on Saturday, in somewhere like Limerick, but they cancelled all the senior club fixtures.

Has this been confirmed??

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 24, 2008, 11:40:43 PM

any word about c\ship games this weekend???

dodo

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 24, 2008, 04:15:36 PM

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship
Carramore  2-10 0-0 Eastern Gaels  Garrymore Playoff 

Is this score correct, Eastern Gaels failed to score for the entire match ?