Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: westmayo on August 08, 2008, 09:56:45 AM
We'd have a fairly young side with a few experienced heads but not to old.  A lot of lads in their early 20's and late teens. The starting 15 would look like this Rob Hennelly (18), Kevin Scahill (29), Barry Jordan (27), Micheal Jennings/Colm Monaghan (19/20), Gerry Jennings (30's), Colm Jordan (24), Eddie Conroy (30's), Seamus O'Shea (21) Finin Canavan/Ger Hughes (21/18), Tommy Canavan (22), Aidan O'Shea (18), Rory Martyn  (18), Alan Durcan (24), Colum Lyons (28),  Marty McNicholas (28). We'd have a few other lads like Owen Carney, Peter Dravins, Ronan Conway who would be late teens early 20. 

And Dec Jennings in his mid 30's also

Jesus West Mayo don't be giving them Cross' boys any more info!! They've enough of an upper hand on us as it is  :D
I wonder will Finin and Owen Carney be back? I'd say the game will be in Castlebar. After watching Cross fall asunder against Charlestown in the quarter-final replay last year I thought that was the end of them but they've really shown what they're made of since, winning the league in fine style and impressing this year. They're defiinitely the county title favourites at the minute. This game will show Breaffy how close to the mark we are
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 08, 2008, 10:54:34 AM
Quote from: westmayo on August 08, 2008, 09:56:45 AM
We'd have a fairly young side with a few experienced heads but not to old.  A lot of lads in their early 20's and late teens. The starting 15 would look like this Rob Hennelly (18), Kevin Scahill (29), Barry Jordan (27), Micheal Jennings/Colm Monaghan (19/20), Gerry Jennings (30's), Colm Jordan (24), Eddie Conroy (30's), Seamus O'Shea (21) Finin Canavan/Ger Hughes (21/18), Tommy Canavan (22), Aidan O'Shea (18), Rory Martyn  (18), Alan Durcan (24), Colum Lyons (28),  Marty McNicholas (28). We'd have a few other lads like Owen Carney, Peter Dravins, Ronan Conway who would be late teens early 20. 

And Dec Jennings in his mid 30's also

Jesus West Mayo don't be giving them Cross' boys any more info!! They've enough of an upper hand on us as it is  :D
I wonder will Finin and Owen Carney be back? I'd say the game will be in Castlebar. After watching Cross fall asunder against Charlestown in the quarter-final replay last year I thought that was the end of them but they've really shown what they're made of since, winning the league in fine style and impressing this year. They're defiinitely the county title favourites at the minute. This game will show Breaffy how close to the mark we are

:D :D :D na we try and just worry about our own game R&gs. I thought the the Mayo galway game was the last game to be played untill the new development was finished maybe it was the last intercounty game? I hope its not castlebar because there is never any athmoshere at the matches there having said that we haven't lost many matches up there . At the league match there was nothing in it so i suppose it just depends how the teams have progressed since then. I'd say Ballaghadreen would be favourites at this stage
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Forgot about the redevelopment. Agree though, games there that cannot attract at least 5k are a waste of time. County finals have a great atmosphere when played in compact places like Knockmore and Crossmolina. Way more atmosphere there and a sense of occasion. I know its the county ground and players probably prefer playing there because of some 'prestige' but I think the County Board would earn a lot of respect if they chose not to play practically every single neutral championship game there.
If McHale Park is out it'll be one from three from Foxford, Knockmore and Ballina. Possible double header in the 'nah with Ballagh v Tubber or Charlestown v Castlebar?

the Deel Rover

can't see Breaffy letting/wanting the game to be played in Ballina or Knockmore, i think whoever was drawn out of the hat 1st should play the game at home ;) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

RedandGreenSniper

I reckon the unseeded teams should have home advantage. Spice things up a bit. The likes of Crossmolina have won too much. Spread the wealth  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 08, 2008, 11:14:16 AM
I reckon the unseeded teams should have home advantage. Spice things up a bit. The likes of Crossmolina have won too much. Spread the wealth  ;)

We were long enough waiting for the 2nd county Tiltle to come in 1995 and now we are a little bit greedy would love to see Ciaran Mc, Jimmy, Tom Joe and Hoggy get their hands on a 7th championship medal but they are hard earned , in fairness i don't think either side would mind playing in either Brreaffy or Cross both pitches are fairly similiar in that the are big pitches not tight ones and that suits both teams style of play
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

RedandGreenSniper

Was Stephen Rochford not there in 95? I think I remember him coming on as a sub in the final but I could be wrong.
Hows Moffatt getting on as coach?
Christ people talk about Crossmaglen's record in Armagh but seven titles in fourteen years in Mayo would be unreal considering the competition ye've had. Ballina have won the provincial title three times they won the county, Charlestown once and Knockmore too. Mother of God! That's five of the seven years ye haven't won it! Some standard . .

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 08, 2008, 11:26:49 AM
Was Stephen Rochford not there in 95? I think I remember him coming on as a sub in the final but I could be wrong.
Christ people talk about Crossmaglen's record in Armagh but seven titles in fourteen years in Mayo would be unreal considering the competition ye've had. Ballina have won the provincial title three times they won the county, Charlestown once and Knockmore too. Mother of God! That's five of the seven years ye haven't won it! Some standard . .

No stephen wasn't there in 1995 that final was played in December we won that title with 7 /8 19 year olds starting maybe more there was Tom Nallen, Liam Moffatt, Damian Mulligan, Padraic Whitty, Ciaran Mc , Hoggy and Joe Keane when you think of it it was unreal. As i said they we some bunch of lads i'm lucky to have played with them along the way but that group mentioned above along with Jimmy nallen were unreal. They owe us nothing their senior medal collection stands as 6 county championships, 7  Leagues, 3 Connachts and an All Ireland which is fairly impressive when as you said Rand G you consider the competion. I would love to see Mc Lift the moclair cup for all that he has done for the club. Moff is getting on great as Coach all the lads respect him and he got the likes of Paddy McAndrew back and Gerry O' Malley and is bringing in a few new lads along the way
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Just check there the winners since 1995 are 1995 Crossmolina 1996 Knockmore 1997 knockmore 1998 Ballina 1999 Crossmolina  2000 Crossmolina 2001 Charlestown 2002 Crossmolina 2003 Ballina 2004 Ballina 2005 Crossmolina 2006 Crossmolina 2007 Ballina

so Its Crossmolina 6 ,  Ballina   4   Knockmore 2  Charlestown    1     
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 08, 2008, 11:42:14 AM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 08, 2008, 11:26:49 AM

No stephen wasn't there in 1995 that final was played in December we won that title with 7 /8 19 year olds starting maybe more there was Tom Nallen, Liam Moffatt, Damian Mulligan, Padraic Whitty, Ciaran Mc , Hoggy and Joe Keane when you think of it it was unreal. As i said they we some bunch of lads i'm lucky to have played with them along the way but that group mentioned above along with Jimmy nallen were unreal. They owe us nothing their senior medal collection stands as 6 county championships, 7  Leagues, 3 Connachts and an All Ireland which is fairly impressive when as you said Rand G you consider the competion. I would love to see Mc Lift the moclair cup for all that he has done for the club. Moff is getting on great as Coach all the lads respent him and he got the likes of Paddy McAndrew back and Gerry O' Malley and is bringing in a few new lads along the way

Even though thats closer to resent than respect I presume you mean the latter  ;)
Where did Gerry O'Malley and Pat McAndrew go to? Always thought they left a long way before they should have. God that must have been some minor team around 93 and 94!

the Deel Rover

Ye meant respect  :D   Yea that minor team was unreal they won everthing all the way up from Under 10  to Minor including back to back minor titles and is on that team that Cross has had the success.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

venter

I think the League game against Breaffy was a bit of a turning point this year. We didn't get off to a great start to the League and It looked like Breaffy were going to turn us over that evening. Having managed to win that game, it gave Moff and the lads a bit of confidence and they have being going well since ( with the exception of Ballinrobe in the championship). Peadar and Jimmy have been playing well lately and the likes of Damian syron should add to the defence when he's at full tilt again. Benny is a good prospect at full forward and Joe will get his fair share but we are still a bit over reliant on Mac for the scores. Hoggy is flying fit this weather, he's a great man fair play to him.

We have Killala in the Juniors. Tough draw in fairness. I hope Georgie has some masterplan to get out of that one alive.
Cant see the intermediates beating Westport.

Didn't we go out of all three grades at the quarter final stages last year? (or did the juniors get to the semi finals?)

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: venter on August 08, 2008, 12:08:24 PM
I think the League game against Breaffy was a bit of a turning point this year. We didn't get off to a great start to the League and It looked like Breaffy were going to turn us over that evening. Having managed to win that game, it gave Moff and the lads a bit of confidence and they have being going well since ( with the exception of Ballinrobe in the championship). Peadar and Jimmy have been playing well lately and the likes of Damian syron should add to the defence when he's at full tilt again. Benny is a good prospect at full forward and Joe will get his fair share but we are still a bit over reliant on Mac for the scores. Hoggy is flying fit this weather, he's a great man fair play to him.

We have Killala in the Juniors. Tough draw in fairness. I hope Georgie has some masterplan to get out of that one alive.
Cant see the intermediates beating Westport.

Didn't we go out of all three grades at the quarter final stages last year? (or did the juniors get to the semi finals?)

Yeah it was the only game all year Breaffy were beaten in. Ye had the strength in depth that day, Moyles, Henry McLoughlin, Rochford etc came off the bench and that killed our lads. To be honest I was hoping we'd avoid ye but sure we'll just have to see how it works out

Farrandeelin

Was happy when I heard the draw. About the best one we could have drawn in fairness, I fear my prediction might be wrong though regarding Castlebar for the county championship once again!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 08, 2008, 02:54:25 PM
Was happy when I heard the draw. About the best one we could have drawn in fairness, I fear my prediction might be wrong though regarding Castlebar for the county championship once again!

Keep tipping them!