Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 21, 2007, 08:35:59 AM
I was reading that Trevor Mortimor is moving to Caherlistrane next year and Conor Mortimor is switching to a Dublin club, thats bad news for shrule.

Maybe not, there was bother in the camp this year with the two lads not starting for the last game of the group stages of the championship. Supposed to be because they did not attend training. Between injuries and being away coupled with county commitments, players such as the Mortimer brothers can be disruptive to Management who are trying to inforce consistency and commitment within a panel of players. You often find that players up their game at the loss of talented players and a team ethic kicks in.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 24, 2007, 01:51:52 PM
Lads is there any relegation in the league this year and how is it working out.

Div 1A Table

Team                             Pld       Points
Crossmolina Deel Rovers       8          15     
Bohola Moy-Davitts              7          11     
Davitts                              8            9     
Westport                          8            8
Ballinrobe                          8            8
Ballintubber                       7            6     
Tourmakeady                    8            6     
Belmullet                          8            6     
Louisburgh                       8             5     
Kiltane                             8             4   

Div 1B League Table

Team          Pld   Points
Ballaghadereen     7        13     
Charlestown        7        11     
Breaffy       7        10     
Burrishoole        7         9     
Knockmore          6         8     
Kilmeena           8         5     
Ballina Stephenites     6         4     
Shrule-Glencorrib       7         3     
Castlebar Mitchels      7         3     
Claremorris        6         2     

I heard yesterday 4 teams from each section go down, i dunno how true that is, if thats the case there will be alot of big names going down!!

stephenite

Any predictions for the County Final?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on September 25, 2007, 11:55:33 AM
Any predictions for the County Final?

ballina by 4 or 5 points stephenite i just think that charlestown haven't met a strong a midfield as Ballina's and if Ballina take control there they will be hard beat. I should have went with my gut instint a few weeks ago and Put money on them at 5.1 rivals or no rivals ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

stephenite

Have been hearing that young Parsons is playing massive stuff from Charlestown at centrefield so I don't we'll have it all our own way in that sector. I hope you're right, but Charlestown have already beaten us this year and in the last couple of years in the championship. Hopefully that'll be sufficent motivation for the lads to turn them over this time. A wealth of experience on the Stephenites side could be very telling if it's a tight game

Davitt Man

Its going to be a big midfield battle between Parsons and McGarrity and then you have Brady and Ginger 2 hot heads so there will be fire works there. C-town need to keep the ball away from McGarrity  and hope parsons can compete with himon the ballina kick out. One thing about c-town this year is that are now a physical team and have strenght down the middle not like a few years ago, there half back line is a very exciting line and they can launch attack after attack from here. Im going for c-town to shade it just about.

stephenite

If McGarrity can shade Parsons than we also have Harte to move into midfield

Tubberman

I had heard that Parson's was playing mighty stuff. But I was at the Charlestown v Knockmore replay and I wasn't that impressed to be honest. It was only when Charlestown were well on top in the second half that he got on the ball.
Ballina's pairing should be much stronger in my opinion.
But Charlestown could have got 3 goals in the first 20 mins against Knockmore. The high diagonal ball they were playing into the forwards was causing a lot of problems for Knockmore and they were lucky not to concede at least a couple of goals.

Should be a good game, let's just hope it can live up to the standard of the intermediate final...  :P
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stephenite

Mayo News tip Charlestown - fair enough really, nice article by Kevin on the old club

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2452&Itemid=39

the Deel Rover

nice article stephenite  he wrote a nice piece about cross last week as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

stephenite

Yeah, saw that. Aren't we great ;) :P

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

mannix

Looking forward to it, think ballina but as i have never seen charlestown i cannot say too much.Still with brady,harte and mcgarrity at midfield you must think they are stronger there.This Parsons fella must lay his case out on sunday, omahony and co will be watching if he or others are worth bringing into the mayo panel if they are not already there.Castlebar is the venue i assume.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: mannix on September 25, 2007, 01:59:24 PM
This Parsons fella must lay his case out on sunday, omahony and co will be watching if he or others are worth bringing into the mayo panel if they are not already there.
Curry could have done with him last Sunday, but that's another matter altogether.

Heard that Charlestown were going well earlier in the year alright, but it'll be a tough test against Ballina.

Farrandeelin

I'd say if Ballina are to beat Charlestown, they will have to beat them on the first day. I expect them to beat them on the first day as well. Charlestown will not fear anyone if it goes to a replay as they showed against Crossmolina in the 1/4 finals and Knockmore in the semis. I think Ballina will shade it in midfield and they should push on from there and have enough fire-power up front to damage Charlestown. Ballina by 3.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.