Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I was going to start a new thread for the U-21 A club championship but I dont think there is a need.

Anyway in U-21 news, the shock result so far was the beating of Ballaghaderreen by Aghamore, anyway the results thus far:

Weekending 15th July, 2007

U-21A Ulster Bank Championship
Group 2:
Ballintubber 3-10, Kiltane 2-6;

Group 3:
Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-12, Belmullet 0-4;
Westport 2-12, Bohola Moy-Davitts 0-9;

Group 4:
Knockmore 0-9, Aghamore 0-7;

Weekending 22nd July, 2007

U-21 A Championship
Group 1:
Ballina Stephenites 2-4, Castlebar Mitchels 2-7;
Claremorris 0-9, Burrishoole 0-11;

Group 2:
Kiltane 2-10, Swinford 2-10;

Group 3:
Bohola Moy-Davitts 2-9, Crossmolina Deel Rovers 1-12;
Belmullet 2-10, Westport 0-12;

Group 4:
Aghamore 3-13, Ballaghadereen 1-6;

Weekending 4th August, 2007

U-21A Championship
Group 1:
Castlebar Mitchels 2-9, Claremorris 1-10;

Group 2:
Swinford 1-15, Charlestown 0-15;

Group 4:
Ballaghadereen 1-15, Breaffy 1-7;

This was last nights fixtures:

If any of you have results you can post them  ;D

Ulster Bank Under 21A Football Championship, Round 3 Wed 08 Aug at 8:00

Group 1:

Castlebar v Burrishoole, Ref: TBC in Castlebar

Claremorris v Ballina, Ref: TBC in Claremorris

Group 2:

Swinford 2-4 v 2-10 Ballintubber, Ref: TBC in Swinford (The only result I have yet)

Charlestown v Kiltane, Ref: TBC in Charlestown

Group 3:

Crossmolina 4-14 v 1-5 Westport, Ref: TBC in Crossmolina

Belmullet (won by 1pt) v Bohola-Moy Davitts, Ref: TBC in Belmullet

Group 4:

Knockmore v Ballaghaderreen (won) , Ref: TBC in Knockmore

Aghamore v Breaffy, Ref: TBC in Aghamore

Any comments and predictions ?

Terry Tate

Crossmolina beat Westport by 4:14 - 0:5

prewtna

Belmullet bet moy davitts by a point. our lads had no luck, some bad wides and some shocking refereeing decisions.

can anyone tell me is it possible to go to belmullet and get an impartial ref? MD couldnt get a free for love nor money. i would almost call it disgraceful.

Davitt Man

prewtna, MD seem to be having alot of hard luck stories these days as regards refs. While a ref can make a mistake the abuse they have to put up with then is terrible and then the referee will just go against you, will people ever learn

AbbeySider

Quote from: Terry Tate on August 09, 2007, 10:50:42 AM
Crossmolina beat Westport by 4:14 - 0:5

That is good scoring Terry, I thought Westport were stronger than that, I presume that Benson was on form?
What kind of team went out?

prewtna

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 09, 2007, 11:46:45 AM
prewtna, MD seem to be having alot of hard luck stories these days as regards refs. While a ref can make a mistake the abuse they have to put up with then is terrible and then the referee will just go against you, will people ever learn

Indeed davitt man a fair point. some people will never learn and i suppose you could count me among them now too. il have to work on that.  MD are possibly a bit paranoid with regard to refs in general but some of the decisions last night were crazy.

we had plenty possession to win the game bad refereeing or no.

Davitt Man

i heard James Mulderrig had a serious game last night, i will never know how he was dropped off the u-21 panel this year considering some of the lads that were kept, James is very like pierce hanely, big strong fit and very direct, a great talent

prewtna

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 09, 2007, 04:03:06 PM
i heard James Mulderrig had a serious game last night, i will never know how he was dropped off the u-21 panel this year considering some of the lads that were kept, James is very like pierce hanely, big strong fit and very direct, a great talent

You heard right. he was savage. the cadets are doing him no harm at all. james was always skilful and now has the confidence and physique to back it up.

won most kickouts himself, ran 40 yards to set up scores or take them himself. you could see tho that he felt he had to carry the team and maybe felt he had to take on too much on his own, as a result he missed a couple of chances purely because he was probably knackered by the time he got close enough to shoot. if he had CJ to lay the ball off to every now and again the scoreline could have been so much different. having said that he kicked some serious scores and was by far and away MDs best player.

Farrandeelin

Knockmore lost to Ballaghaderreen. Don't know the score.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Terry Tate

QuoteI presume that Benson was on form?

No Benny got injured in the first half so he did'nt contribute a whole lot. Ian rowland played very well bout the only man in the town who can kick a 45, but westport were way off the pace. 4 of the seniors played so there was a very strong team out. Cross finished top of the group i think

AbbeySider

Quote from: Terry Tate on August 09, 2007, 08:47:26 PM
QuoteI presume that Benson was on form?

No Benny got injured in the first half so he did'nt contribute a whole lot. Ian rowland played very well bout the only man in the town who can kick a 45, but westport were way off the pace. 4 of the seniors played so there was a very strong team out. Cross finished top of the group i think

I think Westport might have been missing a few players as they were sent off in their last match. Any coveys confirm this?
Good win all the same

Davitt Man

At the end of an Under 21 FC encounter between Belmullet and Westport there was only 25 players left on the pitch as five players received their marching orders in a fiery duel between the sides.

Belmullet won the game 2-10 to 0-12 but the game will be remembered more for the spat which marred the aforementioned success.

Entering the closing stages of the tie a melee flared up and Westport's Niall O'Malley, Thady Gavin and Kevin Keane as well as Belmullet's Shane Nallen and Jimmy Gruddy were shown straight red cards for their involvement in the row.

Farrandeelin

Abbeysider, all the results are in on www.mayogaa.com

Knockmore lost by one point to Ballaghaderreen.

Farrandeelin

SFC Quarter-final draw:

1) Crossmolina v Charlestown
2) Knockmore v Burrishoole
3) Kiltane v Ballaghaderreen
4) Ballina v Garrymore

Semi-final draw:
1v2
3v4

Crossmolina v Ballagh final I'm thinking!

Owenmoresider

Same four semi-finalists as last year I guess? Should be Cross v Ballagh in the final, but might Ballina prevent that?