Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: grounded on November 16, 2022, 01:00:11 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 16, 2022, 12:18:12 PM
There is nothing particularly remarkable here. Russia fired a rake of missiles, a missile shows up in Poland which appears to be Russian made. Russia was an initial suspect here for good reasons, they investigated it and established the truth within 24 hours.
As I said, Russia is the cause of it in any case.

Undoubtedly Russia is main instigator, but the instant blame of Russia without the full facts by the Latvian Prime minister and Polish foreign minister is extremely worrying from a NATO perspective.

The main point though is, the longer this conflict goes on increases the chances of a NATO/Russian military incident.  It doesn't matter if it's an accident/deliberate the outcome will be the same.

The "main" instigator?. Who are the other instigators?

smelmoth

Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2022, 02:04:22 PM
The papers were going on like russia started a bombling blitz on poland with headlines like russian  missiiles poland

Which papers?

RedHand88

Quote from: smelmoth on November 16, 2022, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2022, 02:04:22 PM
The papers were going on like russia started a bombling blitz on poland with headlines like russian  missiiles poland

Which papers?

Daily Mirror - "Russian bombs hit Poland"

The Times - "Russians blamed for fatal strike on Poland"

The S*n - "Putin bombs NATO"

Daily Express - "Russian missiles kill 2 in Poland"

I'm sure there are others, someone said the Sindo had a similar headline but I haven't seen it.

armaghniac

The Russian government has banned the Irish government ministers and top officials from visiting.
I expect that Leo will have to reassess his holiday plans.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

It's OK to say Ukraine fucked up and a lot of the western media lost the run of themselves, don't lose objectivity.

Gmac

grounded

Quote from: smelmoth on November 16, 2022, 02:25:33 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 16, 2022, 01:00:11 PM
There is nothing particularly remarkable here. Russia fired a rake of missiles, a missile shows up in Poland which appears to be Russian made. Russia was an initial suspect here for good reasons, they investigated it and established the truth within 24 hours.

Undoubtedly Russia is main instigator, but the instant blame of Russia without the full facts by the Latvian Prime minister and Polish foreign minister is extremely worrying from a NATO perspective.

The main point though is, the longer this conflict goes on increases the chances of a NATO/Russian military incident.  It doesn't matter if it's an accident/deliberate the outcome will be the same.

The "main" instigator?. Who are the other instigators?

You talkin' to me

Gmac

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 16, 2022, 07:11:38 PM
Zelensky is nuts. I feel like the Wesht, Biden in particular, are starting to catch on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-poland-missile-g20-putin-b2226325.html%3famp
joe looking for another 38 b to send there , the money laundering is in full swing.

Main Street

Quote from: burdizzo on November 16, 2022, 12:49:56 PM

So, what - NATO attack Russia anyway? It's like Russia saying, "oh, NATO supplies all these weapons, training, and advice to Ukraine, let's attack NATO".
Useful idiot spiel. absolute quakery  ;D

Both protagonists, Russia and Ukraine have nothing to gain by targeting Poland. Even the shít for brains Russian army knows that.
Poland are already committed 100% to supporting Ukraine and this missile will not diminish that support, probably just deepen that resolve.

Main Street

bennydorano

Zelensky is a war time leader and never lets that facade down, all the facts are probably not known yet about the Polish border missle but his doubling down on 'it was the Russians' is not a good look for him & his allies, a bit of humility and some political acumen would be a better path.