The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 27, 2019, 09:36:44 AM
Impeachment looming and this thread goes off the radar for 3 days!!!!

It pointless.....after a week of discussion we will end up with the 2 positions we started with

This is worse than Watergate and Trump should be impeached and thrown out of office

V

This is deep state attempted coup to overthrow the result of the 2016 election.

seafoid

Trump has dementia
He should be under medical care anyway.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Seriously though. This is worse than Watergate and Trump should be impeached and thrown out of office.

Gmac

Have the potential impeachment hanging over trumps head as the next election comes along so he doesn't get re-elected that's the Democrats playbook because they don't have a viable candidate who can beat him.

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on September 27, 2019, 07:25:51 PM
Have the potential impeachment hanging over trumps head as the next election comes along so he doesn't get re-elected that's the Democrats playbook because they don't have a viable candidate who can beat him.

I think Biden's all done so it will be Warren

I can't see Warren beating Trump

Mueller report was a bust, so now they're pulling out all the stops to beat him on a point of law, rather than at the ballot box.

Only thing that may save Trump is that if the investigation into the Dossier/FISA has major findings against the Democrats. I'd say that's 50/50 at this point

mrdeeds

Do the Democrats not have a few candidates polling ahead of him? Even Biden and he makes more gaffes.

whitey

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 27, 2019, 07:38:03 PM

Do the Democrats not have a few candidates polling ahead of him? Even Biden and he makes more gaffes.

National polls are meaningless, the election is decided by about 5% of the voters in about 10 swing States

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2019, 07:37:45 PM

He didn't bring back steam trains or all the coal jobs that he promised, and the lies of Fox News and AM radio are only going to go so far. He can go ahead and tell  lies that he's building his stupid wall, but that's only going to fool a small number of people.

Warren is far more down-to-Earth than Hillary was, and I think the voters in the rust belt see far more in common with her than they do with Trump. There's a very real chance Warren will be the next President.

Mueller report was a bust, so now they're pulling out all the stops to beat him on a point of law, rather than at the ballot box.
The law is not an inconvenient technicality. Trump has to obey it. He doesn't.

Only thing that may save Trump is that if the investigation into the Dossier/FISA has major findings against the Democrats. I'd say that's 50/50 at this point
I wouldn't count on that.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 27, 2019, 09:30:50 PM

He didn't bring back steam trains or all the coal jobs that he promised, and the lies of Fox News and AM radio are only going to go so far. He can go ahead and tell  lies that he's building his stupid wall, but that's only going to fool a small number of people.

Warren is far more down-to-Earth than Hillary was, and I think the voters in the rust belt see far more in common with her than they do with Trump. There's a very real chance Warren will be the next President.

Yeah....she has a good chance of beating him but its by no means a done deal.

Open borders and abolition of private healthcare will be highly problematic positions to defend a general election

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/27/elizabeth-warrens-shift-puts-health-insurers-in-2020-crossfire.html

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/07/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-open-borders/

"But I have to admit that it's hard to see much daylight between Warren's plan and de facto open borders.". AND THATS FROM MOTHER JONES

omaghjoe

Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania could easily slip back democratic if they motivate the base to get out and vote.
Arizona could easily go Democrat this election also. Texas has the potential too tho prob not 2020. Thing is if they mentioned guns less they could prob take Texas, and Arizona at a canter.
I was impressed with Warren when I seen her on the other night seems to have good energy for her age and a positive personality. Joe seems a little bit slow and always on the back foot, alot of baggage too, this latest crap ain't gonna help, you get his time may have passed. Camilla Harris is just Hillary Clinton mk2.

J70

Its more than 13 months to the election.

If he is going to be impeached, it will be long before that.

And you're disregarding, whether intentionally or not, the unpredictability of the fallout. Pelosi has been as reluctant as hell partly because she fears damaging the Dems chances and boosting Trump. But he's basically forced her hand with this latest idiocy.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2019, 11:27:53 PM

Open borders and abolition of private healthcare will be highly problematic positions to defend a general election

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/27/elizabeth-warrens-shift-puts-health-insurers-in-2020-crossfire.html

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/07/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-open-borders/

"But I have to admit that it's hard to see much daylight between Warren's plan and de facto open borders.". AND THATS FROM MOTHER JONES

Au contraire:

70 percent of Americans support 'Medicare for all' proposal

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 30, 2019, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2019, 11:27:53 PM

Au contraire:

70 percent of Americans support 'Medicare for all' proposal

Yyyyaaaawwwwwnnnnnn

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/support-for-medicare-for-all-plummets-if-it-means-getting-rid-of-private-insurance-system-poll-finds/

joemamas

Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2019, 11:50:08 AM

And you're disregarding, whether intentionally or not, the unpredictability of the fallout. Pelosi has been as reluctant as hell partly because she fears damaging the Dems chances and boosting Trump. But he's basically forced her hand with this latest idiocy.

Agree with that pure stupidity etc, but if the economy is in as good as shape a year from now as it is today, (and that is a bit questionable given the potential impact of the tariff on business confidence=consumer confidence), then Trump will get reelected, do you think folks in some of the aforementioned states give a shite about Ukraine if the are earning a lot more than they were 4,8,10 years ago.
The only Democrat among this group, I would have voted for, Biden, is being thrown under the bus by his own party, who feel he is not left enough for the loudest of them.

J70

Quote from: joemamas on September 30, 2019, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 28, 2019, 11:50:08 AM

Agree with that pure stupidity etc, but if the economy is in as good as shape a year from now as it is today, (and that is a bit questionable given the potential impact of the tariff on business confidence=consumer confidence), then Trump will get reelected, do you think folks in some of the aforementioned states give a shite about Ukraine if the are earning a lot more than they were 4,8,10 years ago.
The only Democrat among this group, I would have voted for, Biden, is being thrown under the bus by his own party, who feel he is not left enough for the loudest of them.

Unfortunately for Biden, he has nearly 50 years of service in politics, and has been very inarticulate and incoherent in addressing policy positions he once held. If he is getting rattled by Kamila Harris and the young liberal base of the party, how the hell is he going to stand up to the carnage, shamelessness and nihilism of Trump and the GOP and the right wing media in a general election campaign? They will chew him up, spit him out and rub what's left into the dirt. Had he effectively explained that society and people evolve and learn and change over time, that what is presumed to be correct or self-evident today may not be so in 30 years, he'd still be in good shape. But he couldn't even handle that relatively easy part of the process. Its unfortunate, as I myself would be someone to whom his moderate brand of liberalism would appeal. Maybe he'll still come through the primaries, but I have serious doubts that he would be able for what Trump brings (this is a man who, in his own primary, campaigned on Ted Cruz's father being part of the Kennedy assassination! There is no depth to which he will not descend).