2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Donie for 1-7  if he's that close to goal

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: The PRO on March 22, 2018, 10:39:27 PM
Just seen the team. I was thinking we'd be well able to take care of Carlow but not so sure now. Benny Carroll at 11? Jesus.
Same Benny Carroll that was possibly the best player of last years club championship in his club position.  The risks we take.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I think we will beat them with that team but hopefully the lads won't be like some posters here and think it's a foregone conclusion. Think O'Reillys pace will be needed before the game is over.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

Just seen the team. I was thinking we'd be well able to take care of Carlow but not so sure now. Benny Carroll at 11? Jesus.
Classy PRO, real classy to make little of a player through the anonymity of this forum.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 23, 2018, 08:09:29 AM
I think we will beat them with that team but hopefully the lads won't be like some posters here and think it's a foregone conclusion. Think O'Reillys pace will be needed before the game is over.
Totally agree.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 23, 2018, 08:09:29 AM

Or seek excuses like many on here, there is no excuse.  I am sick of a once proud county deluding itself that because of ineptitude that what is must be.  We are not a Division 4 county and if we accept we are that's where we remain.  No excuses be they preparation or complacency we must beat Carlow twice and that simply is a minimum.  What are we going to do when we really come against it.  I have never be more disappointed to read on here when we played Dublin in Kilkenny how great we were to lose by 8 points I think.  My outstanding memory of that game is the half pace Dublin played at.  If we want to aspire to anything we must have certain standards and f**king hammering Carlow should be a basic.  Convince yourselves that we are second rate and that is what we will accept as fans.  We as proud Laois Supporters deserve better.  I am sure some of you think I am nuts but this county drives me mad with its meek acceptance.  There is something Paudi O Shea Said  about the savagery of Kerry Supporters.  Why are we so accepting ?

The PRO

Quote from: portlaoisekid on March 23, 2018, 08:30:41 AM
Classy PRO, real classy to make little of a player through the anonymity of this forum.
You're right. Hands up. Shouldn't have singled him out. Don't like the look of the team at all. Just not convinced that Carroll, Piggott, Glynn are good enough. Hope I'm wrong.

Laoiseabu

Ballyroan it's not the supporters fault we are in division 4. We are just being realistic . So if Carlow do beat Laois on Sunday what will your excuse be?

BallyroanAbu

It is the fans fault and the clubs if you continually accept sub standard, that is what you get.  Everybody mollycoddling everyone else it's a complete joke, Laois did not end up in Div 4 because someone waved a magic wand.  We won't lose Sunday because finally there is some joined up thinking at helm.  John Sugrue was not my first choice but the further he goes on the more impressive an individual he is.  He is not near the finished article nor are Laois but there is more than enough improvement to warrant confidence against Carlow.  I would not have the same attitude against Kildare. 

There won't be any excuses against Carlow as they won't be needed.

Unlaoised

I like the look of the team I must say....

Graham Brody (Portlaoise); Stephen Attride (Killeshin), Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen), Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise); Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen), Colm Begley (Stradbally), Robbie Piggott (Portarlington); John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's), Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise); Alan Farrell (Ballylinan), Benny Carroll (Portlaoise), Brian Glynn (Portlaoise); Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard), Gary Walsh (Ballylinan), Donie Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Paul Kingston must be close I don't think he has done much wrong in any of the games.

Not too many real natural forwards in the half forward line but options with Munnelly and Paul Kingstone even donoher and Strong could play there.

LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Ballyroan we are second in division 4 and in the hunt for promotion which is good news. But where is your evidence that there is improvement ? Or that Sugrue has improved it? We have won all our games and that's all u can ask for but we were far from convincing against London and especially Waterford. Is it that 1. We have improved or   2. We are playing shit teams and hence we look a little better with no proper test of our metal yet?

BallyroanAbu

Our problem was never in talent or players certaintly not at Div 4 or possibly 3, our issue was mentality and attitude. 

I can't wait for Sunday I would think I am going to get some pasting if we get beaten on here (arrogance will be the word used mostly)

But I won't be crowing when we win as it's only Carlow we are on a journey and Dr Cullen Park is only a sign post.

Nameless

Let's get real here. If we were in division 3 this year and played to the standard we have been up to now, we'd be relegated. That's my opinion, don't know if anyone would agree with that. My only hope is that the squad have been training hard, working on fitness and just taking the games as they come.
If not we're in trouble. We should beat carlow but play as poorly as we have in other matches and we'll lose. Simple as that. We've beaten no one of note in the past few years and have lost to antrim twice. We belong in division 4. I think supporters and players believing we're better than we are is part of the reason we're down here.
I'm hoping Sugrue can change the mindset, we have no given right to beat any team. Train hard, act appropriately off the field, put the work in and we'll make progress.
This has not happened in the past few years and it's why we're in division 4.

Laois fan

Quote from: The PRO on March 23, 2018, 09:04:14 AM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on March 23, 2018, 08:30:41 AM
You're right. Hands up. Shouldn't have singled him out. Don't like the look of the team at all. Just not convinced that Carroll, Piggott, Glynn are good enough. Hope I'm wrong.
so your apology goes from singling out one newcomer to having a go at two others aswell ...classy

Clubber Lang

Every county in the country prepares to a high level these days. To say we should be beating other counties in division 4 by large margins is unrealistic. Waterford and Limerick consistently acquit themselves well in the Munster championship. Last year both Limerick and Waterford lost by a single point to Clare and Cork respectively. If we beat either a Clare or Cork side in this year's championship everyone will be talking of terrific progress made by the team. The reality is that with teams modernising their training efforts, commitment levels etc. there is in reality not a huge amount between most teams from division 2 to division 4.

It's great to see Sugrue ring the changes again for this important game-he is giving a number of players an opportunity to stake a claim for a starting jersey come championship in what should be a competitive encounter with Carlow.  The message is clear-championship starting places have to be earned. Looking forward to the game at the weekend and seeing how our new look half forward line operate. Hopefully they will each deliver a performance on the day.