Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidelineball

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 10, 2021, 07:11:38 PM
PJ Lavery is another one. Brilliant club player over the past 10 years.

I think he was on the panel for Tyrone in 2015 and getting game time in nearly every league game albeit mostly off the bench, think he got a goal down in Castlebar in a league game. Anyway the league finished up and Lavery and Dwayne Quinn dropped off the panel, it was also Quinn's first year on the panel and he had also featured in some games. Lavery certainly would have had a lot to offer Tyrone over the past 10 years.

It's not a good culture to have in a club, I think clubs should do everything in their power to facilitate their players to play at the top level. That type of stuff has taken over football in Derry and destroyed them as a county team.

It's a feature now in Down too I'm told. Kilcoo players don't want to play for the county?

Tres Bien

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 10, 2021, 07:25:40 PM
It's a feature in every county, even the most successful ones. Jack McCaffrey walked away from a record breaking All Ireland winning team that he was central to. It's a huge commitment that takes over a person's life. To be committing that much and not getting game time must be very difficult. Comments have been pretty harsh on this matter IMO.

Ah ya, you can understand that. I think the issue have here is that this seems to be club driven rather than individuals. I think if McAliskey had been patient he could have played a big role this year. He's 30 now though and a few bad injuries in the past few seasons so maybe they have taken their toll. I feel a little for him but I think he should have shown a bit more patience.

I don't think McNulty is anywhere near the shape you need to be in for intercounty football with all due respect and McClure was poor today and never really established himself at intercounty. McClure actually walked off the panel after he started a game against Armagh, on the face of it you have to say it looked a bit petulant - he got hooked after a poor first half display and walked.

BennyHarp

It's going to be some craic watching the Canavan lads over the next few years.
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Quote from: Localexpert on October 10, 2021, 04:36:48 PM
I'm sure that'll be the end of McDoll$r
His stats:
- cost a fortune
- 2 first round tankings
- put a stop to a first clonoe man winning Sam

Not a great return  ::)

Was just thinking about this today. When I saw the stat about big Kennedy being the first man from clonoe parish to win and all ireland I would have been hunting out that stevie mcdollar out at that stage.

clarshack

Quote from: BennyHarp on October 10, 2021, 10:28:14 PM

Errigal and Carmen are going to dominate for the rest of the decade.

Under Lights

Round of Tyrone ACL games for Division 1 this weekend. Be interesting to see how results go for teams out of the championship.

Will Stevie take a pay cut for the rest of the year?

tiempo

Halfway through a podcast called shite talk which has an episode covering the Ballygawley schism of the 80s, don't waste your time its exactly as it says on the tin, utter brown. Got me wondering though, would there have been any potential starters from Glencull that might have made the Tyrone 86 team and got the win in the AIF v Kerry?

rrhf

Or even players from the Windmill that were overlooked...

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: tiempo on October 11, 2021, 09:14:16 AM
Halfway through a podcast called shite talk which has an episode covering the Ballygawley schism of the 80s, don't waste your time its exactly as it says on the tin, utter brown. Got me wondering though, would there have been any potential starters from Glencull that might have made the Tyrone 86 team and got the win in the AIF v Kerry?

Stevie Canavan would have been a cert apparently...I've always heard the legend that he was the best of the Canavans!

LeoMc

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on October 11, 2021, 09:34:58 AM
Quote from: tiempo on October 11, 2021, 09:14:16 AM

Stevie Canavan would have been a cert apparently...I've always heard the legend that he was the best of the Canavans!
Would Mickey Harte still have been County standard then?

Localexpert

Quote from: WT4E on October 10, 2021, 10:39:46 PM
His stats:
- cost a fortune
- 2 first round tankings

Was just thinking about this today. When I saw the stat about big Kennedy being the first man from clonoe parish to win and all ireland I would have been hunting out that stevie mcdollar out at that stage.

Yes that would have stung!

kickitin

Quote from: clarshack on October 10, 2021, 11:13:58 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on October 10, 2021, 10:28:14 PM

Errigal and Carmen are going to dominate for the rest of the decade.

are trillick planning on folding at the end of this season or what am I missin?

kickitin

Quote from: Under Lights on October 11, 2021, 06:49:14 AM
Round of Tyrone ACL games for Division 1 this weekend. Be interesting to see how results go for teams out of the championship.

errigal and lough fixed for 2pm on Saturday, be interesting to see what happens, with lough obviously wanting to win the league and not being able to afford dropping any points if so

BennyHarp

Another great game tonight. Going to extra time 4-11 to 2-17
That was never a square ball!!

tyrone08

Quote from: WT4E on October 10, 2021, 10:39:46 PM
His stats:
- cost a fortune
- 2 first round tankings

How much would he be on managing clonoe? I remember he came out after the 3 lads quit for tyrone, he said he had nothing to do with it as he was a former county player and would never ask a player to leave a County panel