Connacht Senior club championship 2011

Started by ross4life, September 26, 2011, 06:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2011, 09:55:48 PM
Well done to the Kiltoom/Cam bucks as they continue their assault on the Andy Merrigan.
Went about it the right way today -- hit the ground running and don't give the underdogs a chance to get into the game.

If they meet Garrycastle I wonder where they will play it.?
If Munster Council fixture logic is used it'll probably be in Wexford Park  ::) :D

Pairc Ciarain well able to take a crowd

Syferus

Quote from: shark on December 05, 2011, 02:08:22 AM
Well done to the Kiltoom/Cam bucks as they continue their assault on the Andy Merrigan.
Went about it the right way today -- hit the ground running and don't give the underdogs a chance to get into the game.

If they meet Garrycastle I wonder where they will play it.?
If Munster Council fixture logic is used it'll probably be in Wexford Park  ::) :D

Pairc Ciarain well able to take a crowd

I'd imagine the county ground (and at a neutral venue in this case) rule would still stand so that's not an option, which is a real pity.

It'd likely be Pearse Park or O'Connor Park, Tullamore is particularly near. St. Brendan's Park in Birr might be a dark horse if they wanted a more compact ground.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on December 05, 2011, 02:16:12 AM
Quote from: shark on December 05, 2011, 02:08:22 AM
I'd imagine the county ground (and at a neutral venue in this case) rule would still stand so that's not an option, which is a real pity.It'd likely be Pearse Park or O'Connor Park, Tullamore is particularly near. St. Brendan's Park in Birr might be a dark horse if they wanted a more compact ground.

Well Pairc Ciarain held a Leinster U21 game between Westmeath and Offaly this year. Anyway it's a non issue for now!

ck

Does it have to be a Connacht ground? They couldnt take it out of the province surely?

Rossfan

Are these Semis on a home/away or Neutral venue basis?
Or is it just home venue for Munster tams when they play Connacht teams?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

IMO Pearse park longford would be big/good enough to host this semi final but i'm sure John Prenty will throw his hat into the ring as McHale park has to be paid off.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open