Dublin v Cork - All Ireland semi final 11th August Croke Park 3.30pm

Started by CitySlicker11, July 29, 2013, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

Rte sounds a wee bit biased to dublin,or maybe just marty, good game of hurling, dublin down to 14, with a man gone for 2nd yellow for a body check / frontal shoulder

Wildweasel74

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 11, 2013, 04:42:53 PM
Rte sounds a wee bit biased to dublin,or maybe just marty, good game of hurling, dublin down to 14, with a man gone for 2nd yellow for a body check / frontal shoulder

The first yellow was harsh I thought.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jell 0 Biafra

seafoid

Daly did very well this year, fair play .
Leinster should be interesting next year especially if Offaly are a bit better and Galway get their sh%t together.

neilthemac

couldn't agree more with the lads in the studio

football rules ruining hurling matches - two soft yellows for very little

ruined the minor match
spoiled the senior match

Dont Matter

Unlike the football the Dubs don't have the refs sorted yet. They need the hurling equivalent of McQuillan to help them out.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

easytiger95

I really think the analysts in hurling are so far off the beam in discipline matters, it is unreal - don't know why I'm surprised, Loughnane's Clare were hardly a model of decorum. There is a huge conspiracy of silence, or else they cover up with euphemisms like "manliness" or "just tipping". The reality is if you compare a game from the mid to late 90's with one from now, the challenges now are higher and more dangerous, the ruck is now the dominant method of gaining possession, pulling in the air is nearly extinct, whilst intelligent ground hurling has already gone the way of the dodo (amazing really, since the standard of pitch surface has gone up). The scales fell from my eyes when I was watching the All Ireland Final of 2010 - a lot of the analysts consider it a classic, but look at the first half of the game - it is like rugby league with sticks thrown in. And all the commentators could talk about was "intensity"!! We laud the skills of hurling yet we don't let the players use them - hooking and blocking are replaced by fully body challenges. They're right about football ruing the game - but that's because hurlers and managers insist on playing and training like footballers, rather then refs reffing them like it.
I'm a Dub and found a lot to hugely admire about their performances this season, and in players like Kelly and Hiney, they have terrific old school defenders - but Ryan O'Dwyer deserved both his yellows and there is no point cribbing about it. The game was very entertaining but could have been even better if both sides weren't emplying sweepers (even when one was a man down!) This season has been a breath of fresh air, and all the better for the refs clamping down. Just because your name is Sheflin doesn't mean you have immunity.
Unfortunately a decade of Kilkenny dominance has left a load of inferior imitators intent on replicating the darker parts of their game because that is easier than breeding a generation of skilful hurlers. Hopefully, with sterner reffing, we can see the return of a more open game, which this season we've definitely seen more off. Let Cyril and Ger off with it - they are part of the problem rather then the solution.

The Wedger

I felt the ref rode Dublin in general play.
It's Cork's All Ireland title now!

Highlander3

Quote from: The Wedger on August 11, 2013, 09:41:21 PM
I felt the ref rode Dublin in general play.
It's Cork's All Ireland title now!

Agreed I thought the ref was tough on Dublin in general not just on the sending off

And agreed on Cork to win it all now

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 11, 2013, 07:13:57 PM
Unlike the football the Dubs don't have the refs sorted yet. They need the hurling equivalent of McQuillan to help them out.
is there something wrong with you're hands?

imtommygunn

The ref was a bit harsh a few times on the dubs however ryan was missing very scoreable frees and should have had about three more scores so they maybe wouldn't have been capitalised on.

Had hoped dublin would win this and is maybe one that got away. Rushe should have walked but i think the sending off was harsh enough based on first yellow.

They've done great for the game this year though showing kilkenny are not invincible.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2013, 10:51:58 PM
The ref was a bit harsh a few times on the dubs however ryan was missing very scoreable frees and should have had about three more scores so they maybe wouldn't have been capitalised on.

Had hoped dublin would win this and is maybe one that got away. Rushe should have walked but i think the sending off was harsh enough based on first yellow.

They've done great for the game this year though showing kilkenny are not invincible.
+1 on all of this. Would have liked the Dubs to get to the final.

HS is correct but within the first couple of mins you would expect a ref to give the benefit of the doubt and a warning to calm down.

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on August 12, 2013, 12:33:04 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 12, 2013, 12:30:38 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2013, 10:51:58 PM

+1 on all of this. Would have liked the Dubs to get to the final.

HS is correct but within the first couple of mins you would expect a ref to give the benefit of the doubt and a warning to calm down.
I stopped thinking that way when our footballers played Derry in the "Anthony Tohill" replay. They bate the shite out of us in the first 5 minutes knowing they would get away with it.

And we will keep f**king doing it to keep ye in yer place!!!