TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Ghosts on RTÉ later.

Good comedy.

Milltown Row2

Finished Timeless the other night, easy watch time travelling series.
Bit of a history lesson but just 2 seasons so no prolonged story
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

24 hr in Police Custody last night - it is rare to see such a cunning, manipulative, ruthless woman

north_antrim_hound

Started watching "Billions" on Amazon
Brilliant show and according to real fund managers on Wall Street it's reasonably accurate.
Great acting and writing.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

trailer

Watched The Serpent on BBC iPlayer. Good show. Enjoyed it. Based on a true story of Charles Sobhraj a serial killer on the hippie trail in Asia.

Tony Baloney

Finished Lupin on Netflix last night. Enjoyed it.

ziggy90

Quote from: trailer on January 12, 2021, 11:07:09 AM
Watched The Serpent on BBC iPlayer. Good show. Enjoyed it. Based on a true story of Charles Sobhraj a serial killer on the hippie trail in Asia.

Very enjoyable (if that's the right word?).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 12, 2021, 05:30:59 PM

I read the book years ago, it was a horrid tale and I'm not at all tempted to watch the tv drama. I think the tv drama just stops after he got caught.  I read that he earned millions after he did some jail time and returned to France, a celebratory of sorts. But as it turned out he finally got his second comeuppance, deserved justice served chilled.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on January 12, 2021, 06:53:07 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on January 12, 2021, 05:30:59 PM

I read the book years ago, it was a horrid tale and I'm not at all tempted to watch the tv drama. I think the tv drama just stops after he got caught.  I read that he earned millions after he did some jail time and returned to France, a celebratory of sorts. But as it turned out he finally got his second comeuppance, deserved justice served chilled.
I believe he has managed to get married to some young girl whilst in jail so his powers of persuasion don't seem to have waned. A bad, bad hoor.

Jenna Coleman is lovely.

JohnDenver

Trial 4 on Netflix is another reminder of how rotten and corrupt the justice system can be, especially in America - and would resonate here in the North too.

Some references to the Irish connection in Boston.  Serious amount of time spent trying to get police to release files. And you still have cops insisting the case was clear cut and no foul play. Would make your blood boil.

Similar sort of stuff to Making a Murderer but not as long.

bennydorano

Briarpatch on Alibi has started off like a house on fire, bit like Fargo - with a touch of Twin Peaks.

Milltown Row2

Watching Dark on Netflix... you'd need a degree in story following to get round it but I love this type of stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Can't remember if I said before but Lupin is a good watch. Only 5 episodes and if you like The Thomas Crown Affair etc. you'll like it.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2021, 11:26:31 PM
Can't remember if I said before but Lupin is a good watch. Only 5 episodes and if you like The Thomas Crown Affair etc. you'll like it.
Agreed. Very good

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2021, 11:19:18 PM
Watching Dark on Netflix... you'd need a degree in story following to get round it but I love this type of stuff

It definitely requires your full attention, but it is brilliant
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either