Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTC

That's 9 championship medals for a lot of them kilcoo lads, how many does shorty have?

thebar

I believe its 10...I think some of those Kilcoo lads could end up with quite a few more yet not much to touch them in Down.

Nanderson

Quote from: PTC on September 20, 2020, 10:23:29 PM
That's 9 championship medals for a lot of them kilcoo lads, how many does shorty have?
You'd fancy a lot of them kilcoo players like Jerome, PD and maybe the older guys like aidan/niall brannigan and laverty to go on and beat that record

thewobbler

Exceptional championship from Kilcoo.

They make the game look easy.

downjim

Quarantine the Bridge for 3 months

Too many steps

Quote from: thewobbler on September 19, 2020, 06:53:07 PM
Has this Burren team ever lost lost a game at this age group?

I can't remember it happening.

Won u12 league u14 league and champ, u16 league and champ and now u17.

Plus county and national feile u14. U16 mcgirr.

Only blip was u16 league  - but that was an unusual situation in that they entered 2 teams (split their 'A' team players evenly between the 2 teams) I think in the league stages 1 team drew with Bredagh and one lost (can't remember exactly). The 2 Burren teams met in semi and them won the league.

But when the full team was together they haven't lost a game that I can remember.

As for S&C - don't think Burren would do any more than any other club (but could be wrong). But most of these boys are in county squads and school teams. So the combination of S&C over 3 squads might make a difference I suppose.

But bottom line - they're all good footballers - and extremely well organised.

yewtree

All very predictable yesterday and a very deflated day.

Kilcoo won comfortable without getting out of 3rd gear , really wish we could have had a better team in the final to see if they would have had mettle for Burren in a final.

The draw gave us a lame-duck final. Carryduff were very weak.Still not convinced by Kilcoo.

Next year Burren or 'Point will be able to finally bring Frank O'Hare to where it belongs.

Smurfy123

A brilliant Burren underage team who have won all around them with ease
The big question is will the be able to bring them through to seniors and be successful
Ourselves Kilcoo and Mayobridge brought through great underage teams who went on to become successful
That's the big question here
We will wait and see

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 21, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
The big question is will the be able to bring them through to seniors and be successful
Ourselves Kilcoo and Mayobridge brought through great underage teams who went on to become successful
We will wait and see

Being successful means winning things, what have you actually won Smurfy?

Godsown

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 21, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
We will wait and see

What a stupid arrogant post.

Smurfy123

Won under 21s and got to the final of a senior championship
I would put our youth success closely behind Mayobridge and Kilcoo
Maybe just not as successful but not to far off

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 21, 2020, 09:18:47 PM

Just about 8 championships behind. Rein it in Smurfy.

Godsown

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 21, 2020, 09:18:47 PM

Carryduff won 4x U21 and got to a SFC final. Don't think you will hear any of them coming out with that b/s. When did Point last win SFC which would be a measure of success . I'm sure you have a few black and white photops somewhere

snoopdog

Quote from: yewtree on September 21, 2020, 08:29:36 PM

Kilcoo won comfortable without getting out of 3rd gear , really wish we could have had a better team in the final to see if they would have had mettle for Burren in a final.

The draw gave us a lame-duck final. Carryduff were very weak.Still not convinced by Kilcoo.

Next year Burren or 'Point will be able to finally bring Frank O'Hare to where it belongs.
Did carryduff lose by anymore than kilcoo beat burren or warrenpoint by?? Monday club must be open again. That's a laughable post yewtree even for you.

Targetman

Quote from: yewtree on September 21, 2020, 08:29:36 PM

The pick of Burren and the Point combined wouldn't beat Kilcoo, honestly can see Kilcoo winning the championship for the next 3/4 years!!