The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 11:50:45 AM
I knew if we gave you long enough you'd come up with some face-saving explanation ;)

Vladi is definitely one for the cult hero category. Put in some great shifts in European games. I remember thinking before the 2005 final that, if Liverpool were going to play one up front, he would have been a better bet in the midfield than Kewell. I was right.

They're all the same. Blasted Johnny Foreigner. :)

Orior

Anyone calling for Klopp to klear off?

If that had been Rodger's team he would have been very heavily criticised, irrespective of the failings on individual players.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Quote from: Orior on December 21, 2015, 01:41:42 PM

If that had been Rodger's team he would have been very heavily criticised, irrespective of the failings on individual players.

Ah Jaysus. Rodgers was there 3 years and regressing, that's why he lost his job. Klopp is trying to turn the ship around, and the bounce effect notwithstanding this is going to be a difficult job. Anyone who seriously talks about Klopp's job wants to be beat with a ball of his own shite.

laoislad

Would go and feck off.
Its not like he's been there 18months and spent £300million (or £100million net spend if you're a knob)
Give him time. I'm not worried about it at all.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Those players came in to the club under Rodger's watch so he had to carry the can.  This team can be very very good or awful. There's no inbetween. They seem to need to play at a very high level to win games.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

Of course he would have been criticized,  he bought the players!  Give Klopp 18 months to mould the team and the fans and you'll see a different Liverpool.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2015, 01:48:52 PM

Would go and feck off.
Its not like he's been there 18months and spent £300million (or £100million net spend if you're a knob)
Give him time. I'm not worried about it at all.

knob

Bensars

J70

Quote from: Bensars on December 21, 2015, 02:12:37 PM

In the absence of context and background and intelligence, that's a damning comparison.

deiseach

I'm worried. Not enough to be dusting off any Klopp out puns, but talk of giving him 18 months does not reassure.

AZOffaly

Worried about what? Worried that he's not the right man?

deiseach

I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If he can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If I can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.

Rest easy. He'll get there, as long as stupidity doesn't stick it's oar in. And by stupidity, I mean people putting pressure if they don't see immediate success, with no rough patches.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
I think he's the right man in the sense that he is the best available. If I can't make it work, no one can. And that worries me.
You have a high opinion of yourself!!
No offence but I'd rather have Klopp as manager than you....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bensars

I wouldnt doubt his credentials or ability, however what he has to work with is limited. The expectations of a fast turnaround ( inside 2 years) may be unrealistic.

He needs to clear the decks and rebuild, however that could take significantly longer than 18 months and may be curtailed by FSGs  largely unsuccessful shopping sprees already.

If he can land Liverpool a premier league title inside 3 years he'll be a miracle worker