Tyrone Club Football 2013

Started by Legoman5, March 04, 2013, 08:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legoman5

Right folks guna start this all of,predictions for the forthcoming season?
League winners it's hard to look past Clonoe/Coalisland and Errigal!
On the championship front although it's hard to say before a ball is even kicked but I'll have to go for Clonoe or Ardboe! Just don't think Errigal have what it takes to retain the title which wud be a remarkable feat and I'm tipping Clonoe just for the quality of there side and the form McAliskey is showing already! On dromore I think there defeat in last years final will have a major negative effect on them and with McCullough retired and rumours of players working in England and not playing this year and porter also gone i can't see them doin it! As for ardboe I jst think there a side who is guna click and jst have a feeling B.McGuigan is guna win a championship at some stage before he retires!!
Any thought people?
Also my relegation tips wud be Augher and Cookstown! I think it's a major step for Augher and it will be great experience for future years to have played senior ball because i believe they will get back but don't think as a team there ready for it now with quality wise! As for Cookstown I jst don't think there a team who have that spirit to stay up and when things go wrong they jst give up,it's all right when there winning wk in and wk out but they need more leaders when the going gets tough!!

Wee Roddy

Errigal will be the team to beat. They are very young and if they can keep the two McGinley brothers fit they will be extremley hard to knock of their perch. Interestingly no word of Carrickmore or Omagh, both of which could have beaten Errigal last year. Trying to keep my green tinted glasses off i would go with the follwoing in the order i would expect them to threaten.
1. Errigal  2. Carrickmore 3. Omagh 4. Dromore. 5. Clonoe 6. Coalisland 7. Ardboe. Having said that any one of those teams could win the championship

God14

Surely if Omagh avoid injuries they will mount a serious challenge this year?
Half of the Tyrone defence last Sunday was from Omagh. Throw in Barry Tierney - another defender who is in the county panel as well.
Conan Grugan & Ronan O'Neill amongst others to get the score's...

As a townie myself id be more than happy to see Omagh win a championship

EC Unique

Errigal have lost 2 of the starting 15 to austraila. I think we will struggle to defend our title. Hope we do as I love a run in the Ulster Club. If they can click I think Omagh will be the team to beat.

Legoman5

I think carmen cud mount a challenge if they get past the first round and avoid a so call top side,I think if the get paired against one of the top teams in the first round I don't think they'll get past them,anything cud happen then in the latter stages!
As for omagh I duno,I feel every year they seem to be lackin te mentality jst to step up to the plate on a big occasion! The las tfews years I've tipped them and they seem to play nice football at times which they will always do with the quality they have but can't win the big game! Few players over in Australia aswel and if they return they'll be a major boost but hard to call at this stage!

Legoman5

So I see It was passed at the county board meeting last night that the club format for the championship will be retained for the season. The championship starts at the end of July,proper job!

Legoman5

Kyle coney out of the match against Dublin this wkend after a crunching challenge by conor Gormley at training tonight!

Club Rossa

Unfortunately Kyle Coney is going to be out for 3-4 months.The lad has been wrecked with injuries this past couple of years.

EC Unique

f**k thats too bad. Got to feel for the lad. What happened him?

everymanaman

Quote from: EC Unique on March 19, 2013, 11:21:50 AM
Accidental collision with Conor Gormley.

EC Unique

Quote from: everymanaman on March 19, 2013, 12:23:31 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 19, 2013, 11:21:50 AM
Accidental collision with Conor Gormley.

What is his injury?

everymanaman

Dislocated shoulder by all accounts

Aaron Boone

Good luck John Devine on his inter-county retirement.

The Beard

Kyle coney is probably one of the most under rated players in county imo. Not so much in that people dont realise how good he is, but sorta look by him when talking about future stars such as mcaliskey and mccurry. on his day i would think coney is better than both. think out of all young fellas he would be the one to lead tyrones forward line in years to come. would love to see him get a run free of injuries just

and as for championship, difficult to call, errigal came from no where last year really and any number of top 6 could do the same this year. clonoe wont be far away but i think

Nally Stand

Quote from: The Beard on April 23, 2013, 05:54:54 PM
Kyle coney is probably one of the most under rated players in county imo.

Aye but you would say that Kyle.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore