Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Randy Meisner. Ex-Eagle.

seafoid

A troubled soul. She  never seemed to reach equilibrium.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Puckoon

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 28, 2023, 06:20:22 AM
Randy Meisner. Ex-Eagle.

Formerly of Poco fame and had some vocals in his pomp!

His wife accidentally shot and killed herself with a Rifle in a closet after an argument with Randy maybe 7-8 years ago.

Blowitupref

Former inter-county referee and Galway hurler Jimmy Cooney aged 68.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tc_manchester

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 01, 2023, 03:14:04 PM
Former inter-county referee and Galway hurler Jimmy Cooney aged 68.

Before (his) time?

imtommygunn

No emoji covers that one !!

Seemed like a nice guy and owned that mistake.

AustinPowers

I just learnt that  John Mc Killop , well known Cushendall  man, died aged 60

John had Down's Syndrome, and  him and Sambo Mc Naughton were very close . He was always  to be seen  around when Cushendall were playing

https://www.irishnews.com/news/2023/08/02/news/ruairi_og_s_favourite_son_john_mckillop_is_laid_to_rest-3493363/

Aristo 60

Reading the post above makes me think we should have two death notice threads. One for the celebrity nonsense and one for heroes. RIP wee John.

imtommygunn

Cushendall won their first championship in either 80 or 81. He's been at every single one (probably on the line too). I don't think I've ever seen them play without him there.

Milltown Row2

Come Championship will be the hardest for the lads I'd say, this weekend starts the groups stages and Wee John would be the one generally handing over the team sheet to us ref's and never missed a photo opportunity just before the game started.

There are some class photos of him in the parade for the finals over the years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah. I see they beat st endas by over 50 in the reserves last night. Tough day for a game I imagine.

Curly had a soft spot for him, as did most of us tbh, so loads of photos of him.

AustinPowers

Great photo . RIP John

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2023, 08:26:24 AM
Cushendall won their first championship in either 80 or 81. He's been at every single one (probably on the line too). I don't think I've ever seen them play without him there.

saffron gael report said he missed last years final as his health was deteriorating and he wasnt able. first one he mssed
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

trailer

Art McCrory - Former Tyrone player and Manager taking Tyrone to their first All Ireland final in 1986
Some man for one man.

RIP