Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

great double act though Ronnie Barker was the main man and wrote most of it I think. The Two Ronnies.

armaghniac

Quote from: longballin on March 31, 2016, 12:18:18 PM
great double act though Ronnie Barker was the main man and wrote most of it I think. The Two Ronnies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

I think the writing partnership was pretty equal, it's just that Ronnie B was famous for writing all the word-play sketches.
Testing Accessibility

AQMP

Architect Zaha Hadid

Samforever

Quote from: ziggysego on March 31, 2016, 12:56:56 PM

I think the writing partnership was pretty equal, it's just that Ronnie B was famous for writing all the word-play sketches.
Very talented duo but had multiple script writers, amongst them Barry Cryer and the likes of John Cleese and Michsel Palin

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2016, 11:53:54 AM
Fair lot of BBC stars going recently.Wogan,Daniels and Corbett.

Cilla
black, father jack, Deirdre from corrie
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Boys, we're just getting oul.

These deaths mean nowt to the young'uns.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: AQMP on March 31, 2016, 04:50:50 PM
Architect Zaha Hadid

Never heard of her, was she Corb or Mies?

moysider

Quote from: Hardy on March 31, 2016, 12:12:10 PM
Pity the funny one died much earlier.

+1. Never got Ronnie C myself. But he seemed a nice harmless sort and fair play to him for his success. RIP.

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2016, 09:27:21 PM

Nail on head O Neill.

I was doin a bit of training with a young wan (early 30's) a few days ago. She's a hell of an endurance athlete and was a savage footballer as well. I was telling her about local runners who did well against international lads and later about drugs in sport. She never heard of Paul Kimmage or Marcus O Sullivan e.g.
I come across young fellas who are into their football but haven t a clue who Eric Cantona or Denis Bergkamp are. In Gaelic football it's the same. Jacko, Willie Joe Padden and other 'recent' legends are blank expressions.

5 Sams

Quote from: moysider on April 01, 2016, 12:12:10 AM

Nail on head O Neill.

I was doin a bit of training with a young wan (early 30's) a few days ago. She's a hell of an endurance athlete and was a savage footballer as well. I was telling her about local runners who did well against international lads and later about drugs in sport. She never heard of Paul Kimmage or Marcus O Sullivan e.g.
I come across young fellas who are into their football but haven t a clue who Eric Cantona or Denis Bergkamp are. In Gaelic football it's the same. Jacko, Willie Joe Padden and other 'recent' legends are blank expressions.

Fcuk sake lads. The young ones in our club would take a look at you if you took Tomás Sé in for a presentation night. Gooch is a different story but it's all Brogan, Aidan O'Shea and M Murphy.
The Aristocrat Years

moysider

Quote from: 5 Sams on April 01, 2016, 12:27:31 AM
Quote from: moysider on April 01, 2016, 12:12:10 AM

Nail on head O Neill.

Fcuk sake lads. The young ones in our club would take a look at you if you took Tomás Sé in for a presentation night. Gooch is a different story but it's all Brogan, Aidan O'Shea and M Murphy.

Exactly. It's a very short shelf life and it keeps getting shorter. I grew up knowing all about Mick O Connell and Seán O Neill, but never saw them play. Things have changed.

armaghniac