The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

There must be a huge sense of relief in Liverpool tonight. Last weekends steal against Villa and today's bit of luck shows just how a six point lead could have seen both Liverpool and Man City level on points.

Tough assignment up next for Man City playing an inform Chelsea after the international break.

BennyCake

Poor fella. Hope he's making progress.

TabClear

Great to see Sean Cox there. Dont know what his prognosis is but hopefully he can continue his recovery. Awful time for him and his family.

On the game great result. Two very good teams playing some wonderful football at times. If Liverpool had played like that in any of the other games this season there would not have been the nervous last ten minutes clinging on to a one goal lead.

I think Liverpool were lucky with the first pen, for me it should have been given. I can see why the VAR ref did not want to overrule given the "ricochet" provider but I think TAA had time to react, unlike Silva. Second one was a nonsense, never a pen. I'm not sure on the VAR rules but would the VAR ref have been able to make a call on the Silva handball in the first incident? If the ball had dropped to Aguero and he scored it would have been chalked off because of the Silva handball. I think the rule is that if it touches a attacking player arm in the lead up to a goal it is an automatic foul regardless of intent. In the match it did not lead up to a goal so i am not sure it could have been called? It clearly was not a handball in the normal (no goal awarded) interpretation?

On the game itself Fabinho was outstanding. If he starts scoring goals then he will rival Kante as the best defensive midfielder in the league. The whole team played well and I think you saw what Henderson give the team when he went off. TAA was a lot more exposed after that. Defense played well but City did miss a lot of chances. Not sure what was up with Aguero, the header and the miss in the second half were really strange, he seemed to just completely loose his bearings.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: TabClear on November 11, 2019, 07:34:43 AM
Great to see Sean Cox there. Dont know what his prognosis is but hopefully he can continue his recovery. Awful time for him and his family.

On the game great result. Two very good teams playing some wonderful football at times. If Liverpool had played like that in any of the other games this season there would not have been the nervous last ten minutes clinging on to a one goal lead.

I think Liverpool were lucky with the first pen, for me it should have been given. I can see why the VAR ref did not want to overrule given the "ricochet" provider but I think TAA had time to react, unlike Silva. Second one was a nonsense, never a pen. I'm not sure on the VAR rules but would the VAR ref have been able to make a call on the Silva handball in the first incident? If the ball had dropped to Aguero and he scored it would have been chalked off because of the Silva handball. I think the rule is that if it touches a attacking player arm in the lead up to a goal it is an automatic foul regardless of intent. In the match it did not lead up to a goal so i am not sure it could have been called? It clearly was not a handball in the normal (no goal awarded) interpretation?

On the game itself Fabinho was outstanding. If he starts scoring goals then he will rival Kante as the best defensive midfielder in the league. The whole team played well and I think you saw what Henderson give the team when he went off. TAA was a lot more exposed after that. Defense played well but City did miss a lot of chances. Not sure what was up with Aguero, the header and the miss in the second half were really strange, he seemed to just completely loose his bearings.

He already is!
Great to see Sean Cox and his family at the game. Very touching to see Klopp holding his hand there.

blewuporstuffed

Looking for a  couple of tickets for home to Watford 14th December. Anyone any contacts that could sort me out?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersarsfields

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 11, 2019, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: TabClear on November 11, 2019, 07:34:43 AM

He already is!
Great to see Sean Cox and his family at the game. Very touching to see Klopp holding his hand there.

He's been fantastic. Such an important player for Liverpool now.

Maroon Manc

Thats the title for Liverpool barring injuries and can see the gap getting bigger between Liverpool in City over the next few month, can't recall any of their front 3 ever been out for anything other then a week or two. The pen was a 50:50 decision, if had been given VAR would have gone along with the refs decision, thought Kompany made a tit of himself yesterday.

City are poor at the back without Laporte and he doesn't have a left back he trusts, Aguero is just not the same player, he'll probably score 30 goals this season but any good centre forward would in that team with the way they create chances.

Armamike

For Liverpool to win the title this season, they had to beat City at Anfield and get a draw at the Etihad, i.e. do to City what they did to Liverpool last season.  Put themselves in a strong position now.  The schedule up to Christmas looks rough though, and the 8 pts could be the cushion needed to get through that.  The only thing that could derail Liverpool is an injury pile up, though it would need to be fairly freakish in nature.  The players brought into the club over the last 2-3 years tend to be able to play week in week out.  Everything else is in place to go on and win the thing. Strong mentally, and know what it takes to win games now.  The bench is better than a lot of people think though. Players that come in, do well, and arguably contribute more than City's when they rotate.   

Guardiola looks like a man who has cracked.
That's just, like your opinion man.

markl121

Quote from: Armamike on November 11, 2019, 01:20:37 PM
For Liverpool to win the title this season, they had to beat City at Anfield and get a draw at the Etihad, i.e. do to City what they did to Liverpool last season.  Put themselves in a strong position now.  The schedule up to Christmas looks rough though, and the 8 pts could be the cushion needed to get through that.  The only thing that could derail Liverpool is an injury pile up, though it would need to be fairly freakish in nature.  The players brought into the club over the last 2-3 years tend to be able to play week in week out.  Everything else is in place to go on and win the thing. Strong mentally, and know what it takes to win games now.  The bench is better than a lot of people think though. Players that come in, do well, and arguably contribute more than City's when they rotate.   

Guardiola looks like a man who is on crack

fixed it

Dire Ear

Anyone ever go to any away games ( obviously not against the bigger teams ) ,  what would be the story getting tickets?  Cheers

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Dire Ear on November 11, 2019, 01:52:07 PM
Anyone ever go to any away games ( obviously not against the bigger teams ) ,  what would be the story getting tickets?  Cheers
Join a supporters club

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 11, 2019, 12:34:38 PM
Thats the title for Liverpool barring injuries and can see the gap getting bigger between Liverpool in City over the next few month, can't recall any of their front 3 ever been out for anything other then a week or two. The pen was a 50:50 decision, if had been given VAR would have gone along with the refs decision, thought Kompany made a tit of himself yesterday.

City are poor at the back without Laporte and he doesn't have a left back he trusts, Aguero is just not the same player, he'll probably score 30 goals this season but any good centre forward would in that team with the way they create chances.
City actually have a  tougher run of PL games to come, but its the volume of games for Liverpool that may cause a problem with the world club and the league cup thrown in during December.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

markl121

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 11, 2019, 03:03:08 PM

City actually have a  tougher run of PL games to come, but its the volume of games for Liverpool that may cause a problem with the world club and the league cup thrown in during December.
At this point id gladly bin off the world club and the carabao and if could get away with it the last group game in europe. The opportunity is there to turn the screw on city we cannot let this chance go

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 11, 2019, 03:03:08 PM

When you consider that if Liverpool beat Napoli, the last CL game is a dead rubber and the league cup fixture will be played with an U-23 team it's not a bad set of upcoming fixtures at all.
City are certainly playing much tougher opposition - top 6 teams and United  ;D