Quote from: TheGreatest on March 25, 2019, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 25, 2019, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 25, 2019, 03:44:24 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 25, 2019, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 25, 2019, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on March 25, 2019, 11:40:42 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 24, 2019, 04:25:01 PM
So it's a Mayo v Kerry final.
I presume the game will be in Croker and probably next Sunday. Am I correct?

Off to Croker ffs  >:(. What's on in the Gaelic Grounds?

There are no premium seats or Corporate boxes there. There's is a chance to charge the common follower €30 into Croker. The GAA don't care about the common fan. This is confirmed by the game being at 4pm on a Sunday.
If you lived in mid Mayo, say Castlebar, what time would you make it home traveling by road?

Prob 3 hours on the road.

Game over at about 6pm, back to the car at 6:30pm, hour for some grub on the way home. Looking at being at home some time after 10pm.

And if on in Limerick?

Probably 45 minutes less of travel, Less likely to have a pit-stop of an hour for food, Gaelic ground are on the good side of town for travelling to Mayo. I know you know little or nothing about having to attend a fixture 2 to 3 hours away from where you live on a Sunday evening. So you have no concept of what is involved.

Again, a genuine question it was, if your asking me should i feel sorry for you because of it, no chance. I have no time for Mayo or Mayo fans, especially on here.

I have travelled the length and breath of the country following both the footballers and hurlers and my club in plenty of Leinster and all irelands matches. Fair enough for the Dublin football its only the league but i have travelled for the games, not as much as i do now with the kids etc.

The league final should be played in the national stadium, if its too arduous or expensive for you, stay at home this time but dont complain about it, its a league final, a chance of silverware.

I think I can hear Gráinne Uaile crying from the seas at that statement!

Rossfan

I presume it's Kerry to win pulling up?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Ni uasal agus iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal

I wonder how long Ros and Cavan will be orbiting up/down between  D1 one year and D2 the next. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Till the current squads retire then it will be Division 3 and start a youth policy again......
If there will be any young people left :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2019, 12:08:39 PM
I hope not but yeah probably Kerry by 5 or 6.

seafoid

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 26, 2019, 12:31:53 PM
Mayo could do it
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2019, 12:32:31 PM
Mayo could do it

We could Seaf but the bookies have the odds in favour of them not doing it and those lads are right more often then they are wrong!! Should be a good game of football anyway and I, like thousands of other Mayo folk, will travel in hope as always!!

Itchy

Fully expect Mayo to win. In my opinion Kerry are being blown up by the media to create the old Kerry v Dublin rivalry to boost viewership.

highorlow

QuoteFully expect Mayo to win. In my opinion Kerry are being blown up by the media to create the old Kerry v Dublin rivalry to boost viewership.

That's always the case, the same last year after the Munster final.

We always get blown down.

Mayo at our best v Kerry at their bets should make for a cracker. I'd worry though about the 6 day turnaround for our lads but I suppose we have the advantage as we played at home at the weekend.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Blowitupref

Mayo could do it

Of course they could, after all they beat Kerry in Tralee last week and held them to a mere 0-11 while doing so. If its another wet and windy day for this match it should suit a more physical Mayo outfit.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 26, 2019, 03:04:28 PM
Mayo could do it

Of course they could, after all they beat Kerry in Tralee last week and held them to a mere 0-11 while doing so. If its another wet and windy day for this match it should suit a more physical Mayo outfit.

I think that's a bit unfair on Mayo thinking that the wet and windy conditions suited Mayo more and Kerry would have beaten us on a dry sod. We cleaned Kerry out in midfield and ran through their fullback line that night and if we can manage the same next Sunday on a dry calm pitch we will win again but I just don't see Kerry being dominated as much in the middle third the next day.
Kerry never back down from the physical battles in games against us just watch the 2014 games or the league game from 2018 to see how well they can mix it with us!

larryin89

Most fascinating aspect will be who JH picks not only starters but match day panel
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

I can't see past Kerry myself unfortunately. They will go all guns blazing to beat us after Mayo beating them below in Tralee.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jell 0 Biafra

Really looking forward to this one, has the makings of a cracker.

macdanger2

Clifford back is a massive boost for kerry. If they're as poor again at MF though, it won't be much use. If Keane is any good, he'll surely have a plan for kickouts