The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on March 25, 2019, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2019, 10:59:47 AM
Trump off the hook for now and social media in complete melt down on both sides . . . just a normal day I suppose.

A lot seem to think this hands him re-election. I can't see that there's far too much still to happen between now and then for it to be a foregone conclusion. As long as the Dems don't scratch eachothers eyes out there looks to be a couple in there who could properly challenge Trump without Hillary's baggage and the only reason Trump won is because of Hillary.

Also there are still multiple investigations into Trump ongoing so he's not completely out of the woods yet.

Its way too early to predict anything about next year's election.

A lot is going to depend on who the Dems nominate and whether that person is fit to get down in the gutter with a shameless lowlife like Trump. So far, its rather uninspiring stuff.

And, of course, events and developments will all play a huge part.
Especially the economy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Is the economy going to hold up??

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2019, 12:12:46 PM

It's going to blow up again but whether  or not it does before the next election is the big question
Debt is 60% more than in 2008 and the driver is the ratio of debt to GDP.

In order to be ready for it the US needs a budget surplus and interest rates of at least 5%.
Both are currently in "not a snowball's " territory 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dolph1

Quote from: heganboy on March 25, 2019, 02:00:33 AM
However this is the kicker:

Quotethe President has been telling the truth the whole way through

im not sure he knows what the truth even is as a concept

Is it the kicker because after 2 years they still couldn't find anything to pin on him?

Seriously lads, you just look like fools trying to justify the investigation. For those now saying that it was a republican investigation I believe for quite some time you were massive Mueller cheerleaders, not to mention that  sizeable amount of his team were democrats. You think if there was a chance to make their case and find the president guilty they wouldn't have taken it.

He's not guilty. Let it go and salvage whatever dignity you have.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Quote from: seafoid on March 25, 2019, 12:20:10 PM
[Debt is 60% more than in 2008 and the driver is the ratio of debt to GDP.

2008 - When Obama took over and made a balls of it. Place the blame where it should be.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

joemamas

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2019, 12:12:46 PM

It's going to blow up again but whether  or not it does before the next election is the big question
Debt is 60% more than in 2008 and the driver is the ratio of debt to GDP.

In order to be ready for it the US needs a budget surplus and interest rates of at least 5%.
Both are currently in "not a snowball's " territory

Economic cycles are cyclical, this expansion has lasted ten years, extended somewhat by the pro business policies of Trump government, coupled with trump tax cuts. It will without a doubt come to and end, like all others.
Reason US rates so low is that rates in Japan and Europe have turned negative. Why does any developed economy need 5% interest rates,  (to cause a recession ?).
Despite what a lot of Dems would like you to believe, the economy here is still booming, unemployment levels still below 4%, i.e full employment, wages have gone up because of this.
Due to the above, the only thing they could do was bash him for past two years, he is far far from perfect, and has made a lot of mistakes.
I have mentioned before, can somebody please tell us, what democrats actually stand for and what are their economic goals/ambitions.
Certainly not impressed with what they rolled out so far.

Dolph1

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2019, 10:59:47 AM
Trump off the hook for now and social media in complete melt down on both sides . . . just a normal day I suppose.

A lot seem to think this hands him re-election. I can't see that there's far too much still to happen between now and then for it to be a foregone conclusion. As long as the Dems don't scratch eachothers eyes out there looks to be a couple in there who could properly challenge Trump without Hillary's baggage and the only reason Trump won is because of Hillary.

Also there are still multiple investigations into Trump ongoing so he's not completely out of the woods yet.

You mean more made up stuff by the Democrats. Are you still pinning your hopes of impeachment on Stormy Daniels?
I see Nadler and Schitt are squirming right now trying to make out that if they don't release all the Mueller papers then there must be something to hide. Yet they still try to obstruct the FISA warrants and the Hillary investigation. It's time to come out and say the Russia Collusion story was a political ploy to delegitimize Trump.

I'm looking forward to watching all the public apologies to President Trump from the Fake news media and democrat politicians. Especially Don LeMon. Odious sc**bag.

Gmac

The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it , Rachel Maddow is crying on live tv that there was no collusion and some other clown is saying it's white privilege that got him and his family off the hook , they have been selling a lie for 2 years they should be ashamed of themselves

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on March 25, 2019, 09:52:26 PM
The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it ,

This increases both in my estimation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dolph1

Quote from: armaghniac on March 25, 2019, 09:54:22 PM
The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it ,

So you are saying that fitting someone up for a crime they did not commit and continue to say that it is fact is ok?

Considering your alias name has Armagh in it what short memories eh?

thejuice

I've been reading the political internet tealeaves again with a particular eye on my good friends further to the right of the political spectrum and I've once again feel compelled to write something here when I really do have more important things to be doing. But anyway...

If anyone could care to look back when I last bothered to post on us politics I did say Muller would turn up nothing. It doesn't actually matter. Trump has effectively dropped his agenda that got him elected. Yes the wall may be built potentially but it's been clear that the policies that are more important aren't going to change. Catch and release border control is being utilized, birth right citizenship won't be touched, immigration courts are clogged and Trump was cheerleading immigration like a standard Republican to help grow the economy. He's got a massive hard-on for Israel and is showing signs of going back on his original anti-interventionist stance. He's been boxed in by the party establishment and while he might still tweet a good game he's actually not doing anything he promised that someone like Jeb or Mitt Romney wouldn't have done. That's probably why the Muller report is going away if you allow me to wear my tinfoil hat for a minute. He gets to still play President for a bit more but he's dancing to the establishments tune.

So if you're a Democrat I wouldn't worry about this. A significant chunk of Trumps voting base who haven't got their head up his ass have finally given up on him and won't be voting for him or any republican in 2020. So long as the Democrats don't put forward someone utterly toxic they'll win easily. Bearing in mind that the demographic that voted for Trump is also dying of old age, opiate overdoses and suicide at unprecedented rates (a cruel statistic but none the less may prove significant given the fine margin that Trump won by).

Given the above I have a strong feeling that Trump won't be re-elected. In fact if the Democrats play it right like going with someone who has cross over appeal like Andrew Yang it may well be a landslide. But that said I have doubts Yang could get nominated.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

joemamas

Quote from: armaghniac on March 25, 2019, 09:54:22 PM

What about Justice Kavanagh and the Covington catholic school coverage?

You should be very embarrassed by that comment, you obviously do not live in the United States.

J70

The bottom line for the Democrats and most television networks is to oust trump no matter how they do it , Rachel Maddow is crying on live tv that there was no collusion and some other clown is saying it's white privilege that got him and his family off the hook , they have been selling a lie for 2 years they should be ashamed of themselves

Were you ashamed of the GOP over the birther stuff, led by the now president and tacitly endorsed all the way to the Speaker at the time?

Were you ashamed by the likes of Jade Helm? Are you ashamed of the GOP's general embrace of ignorance, anti-intellectualism and bigotry?

Are you ashamed of Trump cosying up to men like Alex Jones? David Duke? The refusal to unequivocally condemn white nationalism and racism?

Are you ashamed of Trump palling around with murderous, dictatorial strongmen while basically telling longtime US allies to go f**k themselves?

Are you ashamed of Trump purposely and callously having crying babies torn from their mothers and tossed into the terror of the immigration detention system to try to intimidate other would be illegal immigrants?

Are you ashamed of Trump's stunningly cynical and appalling record on environmental issues?

Are you ashamed of his utter ignorance on a plethora of issues and his bald-faced lying on even more?

Are you ashamed of his unprecedentedly appalling personal conduct as president? As a human being?

I could go on, but you get the picture. Take your sanctimony elsewhere.

omochain

Quote from: Dolph1 on March 25, 2019, 12:41:15 PM
[Debt is 60% more than in 2008 and the driver is the ratio of debt to GDP.

2008 - When Obama took over and made a balls of it. Place the blame where it should be.

Can you please lay out your case for placing the blame on Obama?