Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on August 09, 2014, 08:03:40 PM
They just introduced him on the first tee.

From Ireland, Rory McIlroy

Hope winker Watson enjoyed that!

Why can people not be happy for him on here? The man hails from Ireland and gets hated on by his own people! I want j I'm to keep winning but in reality as long as one of the irish lads win I really do not give a shite who wins a major.

These are the golden years for Irish golf, enjoy them because post Rory we might wa ouu t decades for.the next Irish major winner!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mouview

Northern Ireland I think I heard them say.

His driving off the tee over the past month must have been at a level scarcely seen in the game's history - quite exceptional.

balladmaker

QuoteThese are the golden years for Irish golf, enjoy them because post Rory we might wa ouu t decades for.the next Irish major winner!

The mad thing is that he could be winning Major's for the next 20 odd years or more, unreal.

Orior

Quote from: mouview on August 11, 2014, 04:07:59 PM

His driving off the tee over the past month must have been at a level scarcely seen in the game's history - quite exceptional.

He said Ireland on Saturday. Not sure about Sunday.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

glens abu

Really think Tigers problem is his injuries and can't keep fit long enough to get back to near his best.Rory is going to rule the roost for a few years providing he stays injury free.

Puckoon

Quote from: mouview on August 11, 2014, 04:07:59 PM

Regardless now (although I'm absolutely certain the starter on the tee box on Saturday said from IRELAND). It took me very much by surprise at the time. The flag he is under is clearly Northern Ireland, but it was an interesting comment from the starter in my opinion.

stew

Ireland has another major win under it's belt, since Harrington's first major win until until last night we have had no less than four lads win majors as well as Ryder Cups and even a World Championship title, enjoy this run fellah's, we will never see it's like again!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 11, 2014, 06:59:26 PM
Ireland has another major win under it's belt, since Harrington's first major win until until last night we have had no less than four lads win majors as well as Ryder Cups and even a World Championship title, enjoy this run fellah's, we will never see it's like again!

Yea, it is a bit like Kelly/Roche in cycling. It is only 25 years later that you realise (drugs or no drugs) just how amazing it was for two Irishmen to dominate a sport like cycling.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

Well actually according to the BBC the UK has it's first back to back major winner...when he loses like Murray...well....

Saffrongael

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 12, 2014, 10:44:49 AM
Well actually according to the BBC the UK has it's first back to back major winner...when he loses like Murray...well....

No I don't think there will ever be a time the BBC refers to him as Irish when he loses.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 12, 2014, 10:44:49 AM

I wonder did they say that Europe has it's back to back winner when Harry won his? Who really gives a feck what the British media says and what it actually means to your day to day life? Some bitching going on over it, let the lad enjoy it and get the feck over the nationality thing, its fecking boring. The lad is from County Down has just won 4 Majors and most people want to have a pop at him. You couldn't make it up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea