Club Manager Merrie go Round

Started by Freddie, November 29, 2006, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddie

Any club land any big names?

What names are still doing the rounds? Might be some change in my own club, in the Cavan, Meath, Monaghan border area.

BallyhaiseMan

my club hope to land a big name by Cavan standards anyway  ;)
I cant name names unfortunately as i dont know whether the club officials have asked him yet.
Who are your club Freddie if ya dont mind me asking?

Freddie

I would prefer not to say. A lot of cloak and dagger stuff this is!

BallyhaiseMan

understand completely mate....You dont want to give away any hints of your identity, i understand and feel the same way.  :)

Rossi

The last Cavan native to manage the county would've have being PJ Carroll in the early 90's before McHugh took over.Carroll also managed Leitrim and Sligo.He has being most successful in managing club teams.He has won senior championships in Longford,Leitrim,Monaghan,Westmeath,Meath and Cavan .
Ballyhaiseman maybe he is the man you need.

lynchbhoy

I hear Ballyhaise are after a kerry man, and looking for a 'big name'

Will Jackie Healy-rae take the job I wonder...

Freddie

Looking for a few opinions of the Armagh posters.

Ollie Short - Is he tied to a club? And any good?

BallyhaiseMan

Rossi
PJ Carroll,
doubt he would come to a club in the intermediate championship...
Lynchbhoy
Paudi O Se and Jack O Connor both apllied for the job...but they are just not up to the task of managing us lunatics...It needs a special type of person  :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on November 30, 2006, 07:17:41 PM
Rossi
PJ Carroll,
doubt he would come to a club in the intermediate championship...
Lynchbhoy
Paudi O Se and Jack O Connor both apllied for the job...but they are just not up to the task of managing us lunatics...It needs a special type of personĀ  :D

yep, someone with remedial teaching skills and crowd control management I'd reckon

BallyhaiseMan

alcohol intake management
Backstabbing countrol would be two skills that would also be needed.

Rossi

Ballyhaiseman hear one of your own has taken over Plunketts roll with Drumlane.Would he not have done the job for yourselves? he also has the experience of managing underage and college teams in the past .

As for Carroll, believe he has won Intermediate with Gortlettragh in Leitrim and also with Gaeil Colmcille (Kells),so be nothing new for him to take charge of an intermediate team.

Any more clubs changing managers for the comming year.(Drung will be probably be looking for a new manager with Jackson now with the county setup)

BallyhaiseMan

Rossi
Has Adrian Delaney taken over Drumlane for definite?
Thats fuckin shit if that happened...id have imagined hed have been offered the Bhaise job  >:(