Leinster Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 16, 2015, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

south Laois

If this is true about Shane Curran, then surely it's another indication that Cunningham is calling all the shots now.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: south Laois on May 28, 2016, 03:29:43 PM
If this is true about Shane Curran, then surely it's another indication that Cunningham is calling all the shots now.

Well someone has to call the shots, Lillis is obviously way out of his depth at the moment. If this is his doing then fair play to him for acknowledging that fact and doing something about it..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: south Laois on May 28, 2016, 03:29:43 PM

Not necessarily. I'm sure Jim Gavin is getting a lot of good advice from his backroom team, that he mightn't necessarily have come up with.

Tony

I wonder if there's anyone within the whole country who believes laois will win. There's Always a chance, there's always a chance. It would be the biggest upset in the gaa this millennium, but i really hope the players believe that if they give everything and play to their ability, they do have a chance. You've got to believe that as a player. 50minutes in, if we're there or thereabouts, who knows. There's always that possibility.

Saint75

Whatever about Lillis. John Strong & Ciaran Kelly must have nothing to do at this stage😂

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

Quote from: Saint75 on May 29, 2016, 05:15:10 PM
Whatever about Lillis. John Strong & Ciaran Kelly must have nothing to do at this stage😂
Little bit disrespectful there Saint75 . Two good Laois men !

Saint75

It's not disrespectful.
It's a fact if you think about it.
It's more disrespectful to all but replace them at this stage.

BallyroanAbu

Does caring & loving Laois Football make you actually good for Laois Football.  Because seems at times to be a defence for stating the obvious.  I am sure Mick Lillis, John Strong & Ciaran Kelly are decent men who care a lot about Laois Football but they are still doing a bad job.   We do have to separate the two.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on May 30, 2016, 08:42:20 AM
Does caring & loving Laois Football make you actually good for Laois Football.  Because seems at times to be a defence for stating the obvious.  I am sure Mick Lillis, John Strong & Ciaran Kelly are decent men who care a lot about Laois Football but they are still doing a bad job.   We do have to separate the two.

Absolutely. There are decent ways to say it, but someone who gives his free time for club or county should be measured on the job he's doing, but not to have that used as a stick to beat him.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

welcomehome

i think ye are being very disrespectful to mick lillis kieran kelly...john strong...they are there to do a job..and they need all the support that they can get...and another thing laois county board should have dug there heels in and refuse to play in kilkenny..if this was any of the top teams involved thet would have not given up home advantage...

BallyroanAbu

Right this is a load of bull that has been put out there.  O Moore Park could not have been a venue for this game the other 3 1/4 finals were being played at neutral venues so this also would have to be.  O Connor Park is prob the only alternative so from that point of view this is a non issue.  County Board has not bothered to explain this well and it's been put out there that O Moore Park was a possibility for this to be the case the Leinster Council would have to make an exception which I don't think they are in the habit of.  Also Mick Lillis, John Strong & Kieran Kelly are decent people and I don't doubt the players are trying but on Sunday morning we will be facing the reality of this year.  I hope Laois win but in fairness most here are holding out for a decent performance and some sort of run in the qualifiers.  While Lillis has to take the blame for a bad year what has happened to Laois has taken 3 years. 

SCFC

Hearing Begley is flying in training and should start.