Your All-Ireland Final Ticket Money.

Started by Bud Wiser, September 14, 2008, 11:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

OK, anyone any thoughts on the adminstration costs of issuing the All-I.F. Tickets.
According to the accountants at HQ your ticket will cost €70.00 and this is where it goes.

Distribution to counties and provinces  €12.60 
Match Day Costs...............................€9.80
Games Development.........................€9.10
Player Injury & Welfare......................€9.80
Infrastructural Investment.................€18.90

Adminstration Costs.........................€9.10
TOTAL Expenditure €69.30
Retained €0.70

I asume the match day costs include the red bibs and general security but at games outside of Croke Park there are no such costs, well not as high anyway say at a game in O'Moore Park. So I would think that the "Adminstration Costs" are for the wages of Peter McKenna, Danny Lynch and the staff at Croker plus full time employees of the provincial council offices.

80,000 backsides at an AIF =  five and a half million or 11 million for the two AIF's alone.  "The Gaa contributed over €13Million last year to help counties meet the cost of running teams in the intercounty leagues and championships" but does the hurlers of Carlow get the same as the Cats for example or does each of our 32 counties get 406,250.

In any event, the adminstration costs of putting that ticket in your paw for the AIF is €728,000 for this one match alone.

One saving they could make on match day costs is to get rid of your man that does the announcement " Will all stewards please go to their end of match positions"  This is the most stupid, annoying and unwanted announcement ever, it comes with ten minutes left in the game, it comes invariably when players are trying to keep their concentration in the most crucial part of the game and most of all, if they don't know when to go to their positions, or are unaware that there is ten minutes left in the game with all the clocks and big screens around them they should have nothing to do with security anyway.

On the plus side, €9m was invested in coaching and games development last year (where?) and a further 10Million was spent on the welfare of our players (put that in your pipe Dessie) including almost €9M to assist playeres at all levels (Castletown & Camross for example) with the cost of on-field injuries.

EDIT:  Sorry, meant tpo say that the figures quoted are from an article in last Sundays Match Program.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Pangurban

A question has been raised about the legality of administration costs being applied to the sale of tickets. When asked about this during a Radio interview last week, Croke Park official denied applying administration charges and critisized individual counties who applied them for training fund purposes

Bogball XV

i imagine what they've done here is take the overall costs the gaa incurs p.a and allocated them arbitrarily to ticket prices - the figures there are unlikely to bear much relationship to reality, but somebody thought it'd be a cool exercise to show the fans where the money goes to and to try and justify the cost of the tickets.

leenie

GLAD TO KNOW THE BREAKDOWN OF TICKETS SO I THOUGHT I'D DO ME OWN...... JUST A ROUGH PLAN!

:) :) :) :) :)  MY COST FOR ALL IRELAND  :) :) :) :)

TRAVEL BACK TO TYRONE = £100 approx
TICKET ON THURS= 70 EURO'S
PRE-WEEKEND RENDEZVOUS IN LOCAL ON FRI= £30
SAT TRAVEL TO DUBLIN=£20
SAT NITE OUT= 80 EURO'S
thankfully accommodation is free on sat!
SUN MORN FEED= 10 EURO'S
2 DRINKS B4 CROKE= 12 EURO..... will not be getting in rounds b4 game....
AFTER MATCH RENDEZVOUS.........DEPENDS ON OUTCOME........ALOT (put 80 euro's aside and hope it'll do)
MONDAY BCK IN TYRONE...... will check bank balance to see what happens!

i just thought i'd jot this down,,,,,,, for my own sake as well..... good job i stayed in at the weekend, was thinkin of heading out tonight with a cork/kerry crew just for the craic but will have to be on the water me thinks

wonder if ya can apply for a bank loan giving g.a.a as a reason!
and to think of the money i've already spent so far oh well didn't go on me hols this yr (apart from lough derg ???)... plus this beats any holiday!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

filthylittlebeast

Quote from: leenie on September 15, 2008, 05:01:58 PM
GLAD TO KNOW THE BREAKDOWN OF TICKETS SO I THOUGHT I'D DO ME OWN...... JUST A ROUGH PLAN!

:) :) :) :) :)  MY COST FOR ALL IRELAND  :) :) :) :)

TRAVEL BACK TO TYRONE = £100 approx
TICKET ON THURS= 70 EURO'S
PRE-WEEKEND RENDEZVOUS IN LOCAL ON FRI= £30
SAT TRAVEL TO DUBLIN=£20
SAT NITE OUT= 80 EURO'S
thankfully accommodation is free on sat!
SUN MORN FEED= 10 EURO'S
2 DRINKS B4 CROKE= 12 EURO..... will not be getting in rounds b4 game....
AFTER MATCH RENDEZVOUS.........DEPENDS ON OUTCOME........ALOT (put 80 euro's aside and hope it'll do)

TYRONE WINNING THE ALL IRELAND.......................... PRICELESS !!

balladmaker

QuoteSAT NITE OUT= 80 EURO'S

80 Euro for a night out in Dublin???  Would just about cover Abra Kebabra and the chinese, never mind the pints.

Square Ball

why does it cost so much in distribution?

Distribution to counties and provinces  €12.60 how many tickets do the non participating provinces get?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Square Ball on September 15, 2008, 09:07:18 PM
why does it cost so much in distribution?

Distribution to counties and provinces  €12.60 how many tickets do the non participating provinces get?

I'd agree, unless they pay for a private chauffeur driven limo... to each club!  :-[ :-\ ???

The Gs Man

Quote from: balladmaker on September 15, 2008, 08:08:10 PM

80 Euro for a night out in Dublin???  Would just about cover Abra Kebabra and the chinese, never mind the pints.

Abra Kebabra and a Chinese???  you must be heading down with Fearon.
Keep 'er lit

leenie

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 16, 2008, 09:43:09 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 15, 2008, 08:08:10 PM

Abra Kebabra and a Chinese???  you must be heading down with Fearon.

i forgot to add in the wee sneaky c.o................ b4 i go out
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..