Youngest GAA Club?

Started by LilyWhiteAllright, December 19, 2006, 08:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilthemac

Na Dubhgall in Baldoyle. fairly new club as well

dubnut

Quote from: neilthemac on December 20, 2006, 11:59:31 AM
Na Dubhgall in Baldoyle. fairly new club as well

yeah would guess about 4 or 5 years now.
Decent bunch of lads.

irunthev

Fulham Irish in London. Formed at start of this year, won Intermediate Championship in London and also British Championship.

Play Killalla of Mayo after Christmas in Intermediate Club Championship and then off the Dubai the week after for a holiday.

Not bad for a club only going 12 months.

Most of the players are involved in the financial sector in London.

They had Brian McGuigan over a few weeks ago at a function and he also took a training session.

Mayo4Sam

Playing killala in ballinrobe on jan 13th
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

highking

A new Hurling Club in South Mayo was formed in May 2006. Fielding at U10, U12 and U14 I think.  Called Maytura hurling club, or something like that...

irunthev

Fulham Irish are a  decent team, and would have survived very comfortably in senior football in London this year. Mind you, that new U-10 hurling team in Mayo might have survived as well  :o

boston

Wexford Hurling Club in Boston won the Senior hurling Championship this year in Boston, and were beat in the NA hulring final  by harry bolands (chicago)

were formed in 2002

Farrandeelin

That's right highking, to mark the place where the first ever hurling game was played! In football, the islands have a new enough club- called Na nOileáin. It's not long on the go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

David McKeown

Had that case of An Druipseach CLG that went before the DRA last year there a new club
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

nrico2006

A hurling team called Camowen Gaels formed in Omagh/Killyclogher in 2004 for seniors, and also there has been a few underage clubs to spring up I think in 2005, namely Fintona and St Johns( Dromore?).  Good development, alot of work going into the schools around these areas and hopefully this can lead them to fielding senior sides in 8/9 years time.  As young clubs go, Errigal Ciaran from Tyrone have had considerable success.  They were formed in 1990 and have won 6 tyrone senior championships and 2 senior ulster club championships plus several senior league titles and countless reserve and underage championships and leagues.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

neilthemac

Quotethe islands have a new enough club- called Na nOileáin

most of the Islanders go to St Marys or Jarlaths and seem to stick together after that. there's a hurling club in Galway city with half of the islands playing for them! great to the Irish on the pitch

6th sam

Aughlisnafin  in Down formed a senior men's team in 2004,though I think they reformed, having faded out in the 60s/70s.Regrettably they have no underage section-being situated next door to the extremely successful underage club-St.John's, Drumnaquoile.The 'finn have played in Division 4 of the Down leagues for the past 2 years,and with difficulties securing a playing pitch in the area,it remains to be seen ,if this group of committed gaels will survive.
At various stages 4 clubs :Annsboro,Drumaroad,Drumnaquoile and Aughlisnafin existed in the area,which is on the outskirts of Castlewellan.