Young Player of the Year 2014

Started by muppet, August 26, 2014, 12:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: heffo on August 26, 2014, 01:56:07 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 01:49:08 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 26, 2014, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 01:19:40 PM
Murtagh was robbed of the U21 PotY by politics. Walsh could easily meet the same fate.

But he wasn't as good as Conor Mc Hugh to be fair.

McHugh only managed 0-10 points before the AI final, Murtagh scored 2-13 in the SF and final alone and scored heavily in all our championship matches before that. Even in the AI final Murtagh matched McHugh in scoring, an achievement on a team that was getting hammering by the other.

It helps when McHugh's county man Pillar Caffrey is one of the three judges..

These competitions are a crock and rarely pick the right players. I don't know why I bother caring.

How many of those scores were from play?

All 1-6 of McHugh's were..

Strange that a player voted man of the match in the final and semi-final on the winning team doesn't deserve it!

2-01 of his 2-03 was from play. Hardly a major difference there, nevermind the difference in the supply both players were getting.

Did you come in late to the semi-final? Murtagh was the best player on show in Portlaoise that day. McHugh is a serious talent but let's not forget he's also the one who should have been black carded before he got the equalising point against Cavan. Costello was just as if not more important to Dublin in that match too. Having his own county man on a three man judging panel was totally unfair on the other nominees.

Collie Brolly

No doubt Paul Caffrey,Ciaran Whelan or some other half-wit Dub will be on the selection panel for this.
Maybe John Costello!

rodney trotter

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 26, 2014, 01:47:52 PM
Young Player of the Year is not an u21 award? is it not u23?

I would have thought Odhrán Mac Niallais was nailed on for this

Young player of the year isn't u23 hence why Mac Niallais isn't on the list.

heffo

Quote from: Collie Brolly on August 26, 2014, 02:58:53 PM
No doubt Paul Caffrey,Ciaran Whelan or some other half-wit Dub will be on the selection panel for this.
Maybe John Costello!

I'd say there is 31 Counties in Ireland who wouldn't mind having a half wit like John Costello as County Secretary.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on August 26, 2014, 03:19:12 PM
Maybe John Costello!

I'd say there is 31 Counties in Ireland who wouldn't mind having a half wit like John Costello as County Secretary.

Can vouch for one anyway. A half wit is a hell of an improvement on a full wit.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Collie Brolly

Quote from: heffo on August 26, 2014, 03:19:12 PM
Maybe John Costello!

I didn't actually say John Costello was a half wit.Read it again Heffow.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 26, 2014, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 26, 2014, 01:45:31 PM
MacNiallais is a more worthy candidate than McBrearty.

Far more. To be honest if he's elligible he;s the front runner

Cillian O'Connor is 22, same as Ódhran. But they will hardly give him another one. Maybe he will get his first All-Star this year?
What are the odds on him getting nothing?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2014, 10:04:10 AM

Cillian O'Connor is 22, same as Ódhran. But they will hardly give him another one. Maybe he will get his first All-Star this year?
I probably would have agreed with the selection of O'Donoghue, Brogan and McManus last year, but it was a very tight call with COC. He's in pole position, along with O'Donoghue, for one of the full forward line slots this year. Although plenty could change over the last 3 games

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2014, 10:04:10 AM

None based on the amount of complaining in the last week. They will be obliged to give you a few either way

Captain Obvious

Jinxy

It's mad to see a young fella that small and slight have such an influence on a game in this day and age.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
It's mad to see a young fella that small and slight have such an influence on a game in this day and age.

It's a good side to be the little man on, though. Came on in leaps and bounds since he got his chance. Will make for some combo punch with his brother next year.