Young player of the year

Started by sans pessimism, September 13, 2011, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

As we come towards the end of another GAA season our minds turn towards awards.My personal choice for Young Player is Mayo youngster Cillian O' Connor.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Sam2011

Agree with you sans. Should win hands down. Quality player. Awesome composure for a 19 year old. Was full sure he would miss that first free in Hyde, with the sheep stealer's booing at him and with the strong wind. Glad he proved me wrong. Just the beginning of a great journey for him. Some lad for one lad I tell yeah that. Future looking bright for Mayo GAA.

C'MON THE GREEN AND RED!!!!!!!

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

David McKeown

Don't think he'll win it but would Jamie Clarke be eligible?

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Oak Leafer

I would have thought Paul Flynn would be nailed on, however i'm unsure what age he is exactly??

liihb

He's 25, too olds I would have thought.

Rory O'Carroll if he plays OK on Sunday would be in witha chance I would think
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Stevie g 8

agree with cillian o connor,played well against roscommon,cork and kerry

The Hill is Blue

Ciaran Kilkenny - in Football and Hurling.

A reincarnation of the great Des Foley
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

rrhf

EagleLord

What is the age bracket for to be considered a 'young player'... under 21? Peter Harte is in with a great shout. To step into that team, and play consistantly well as he did, kicking some great dead-balls too. Some pressure for a 19yr old? I think hes 19 anyway..

ballinaman

Quote from: EagleLord on September 14, 2011, 11:44:46 AM
What is the age bracket for to be considered a 'young player'... under 21? Peter Harte is in with a great shout. To step into that team, and play consistantly well as he did, kicking some great dead-balls too. Some pressure for a 19yr old? I think hes 19 anyway..
Rory O'Carroll barring a roasting on Sunday.

liihb

Age is under 23 I think, does it have to be debut year?
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

sheamy

He missed any with any pressure on them. The misses were a major factor in Tyrone losing the Donegal game. Anonmyous v Dublin. I don't get it? Good player surely but I just cannot see where the case for young player of the year comes from.

nrico2006

Quote from: sheamy on September 14, 2011, 01:03:25 PM

He missed any with any pressure on them. The misses were a major factor in Tyrone losing the Donegal game. Anonmyous v Dublin. I don't get it? Good player surely but I just cannot see where the case for young player of the year comes from.

The ones against Donegal had no more pressure on them than the ones he scored in any other games.  The game was not in doubt until the two goals at the end.  He was brilliant against Monaghan, Longford, Armagh and Roscommon and ended the season with a good tally but he was also the creator for alot of Tyrone scores and set-up quite a few of their goals. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sans pessimism

good talent coming through throughout the country
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"