The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 21, 2020, 09:10:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 21, 2020, 08:42:07 PM
Bag of shite and I'm sick to the back teeth of looking at Lovren in a red jersey. Get that cnut out.
They looked a bit leggy, the extra time in the Atlético Madrid game wouldn't have helped..
Definitely. Lack of recovery time showing.

quit yo jibbajabba

Such a shit atmosphere. In their cup final an all. Everton would need to take a a look at themselves...

GiveItToTheShooters

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 21, 2020, 09:14:08 PM
Such a shit atmosphere. In their cup final an all. Everton would need to take a a look at themselves...

awful game but Everton had the better chances.

Thankfully I don't think Pickford had a serious save to make, pushed a free kick over the bar that was already going over.

Alisson made a decent save with Gomez getting enough on the follow up attempt to deflect it onto the post.

Lovren is worse than useless

Pick TV showing some of the Sky games on Freeview, channel 11 on my TV.

J70

I was surprised they took Keita off. He was having a very good game, bursting through the packed lines and laying it off. Thought Minamino looked tidy, but he was less effective and more often than not just ended up playing in front of the Everton defence. Definitely missed Robertson and Salah.

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on June 22, 2020, 01:04:17 PM
I was surprised they took Keita off. He was having a very good game, bursting through the packed lines and laying it off. Thought Minamino looked tidy, but he was less effective and more often than not just ended up playing in front of the Everton defence. Definitely missed Robertson and Salah.

Huge misses. The team is a lot easier to defend against with none of Robertson's driving runs and crosses to deal with, or Salah's ability to carve something out of tight spaces.  Need them back for Palace and a win on Wednesday.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Any word on what was up with the 2 of them?

Pearce write Salah was only fit for the bench. Heard nothing in the lead up about him being injuries.

Two Hands FFS

I'd say he took off Keita to protect him from injury especially with his injury record. 65 minutes yesterday and hopefully will start on Wednesday night. I thought he looked lively.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gawa316 on June 22, 2020, 03:17:44 PM
Any word on what was up with the 2 of them?

Pearce write Salah was only fit for the bench. Heard nothing in the lead up about him being injuries.

Robertson didn't feature in the warm-up game vs Blackburn either.

Capt Pat

Burnley didn't do us any favours tonight. They left a good chunk of their squad at home for no reason. I don't think they would have got a draw even with all their players available.

City have a much better squad than Liverpool. Liverpool are lucky that their key players stayed healthy for most of the year.

J70

City's superior squad wasn't doing them much good when it was still up for grabs earlier in the season.

Armamike

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 22, 2020, 10:56:03 PM
Burnley didn't do us any favours tonight. They left a good chunk of their squad at home for no reason. I don't think they would have got a draw even with all their players available.

City have a much better squad than Liverpool. Liverpool are lucky that their key players stayed healthy for most of the year.

City's squad does look good on paper but the reality is the players they bring in haven't had the same actual impact on games as the players Liverpool have called on.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Had City not got a defensive problem at the start of the season that 'upset' the balance of the team? has that problem been fixed? and remember its not a normal resumption of the league as such and with the extra time out since lockdown, maybe Pep has fixed what was wrong or the two teams he has played were just shit!

I'm going with the latter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

City's squad depth is deeper than anything I ever remember in the Premier League but their core group of 14/15 players haven't performed anywhere near the level of Liverpool's this season and I reckon that's the ultimate difference. Obviously you need that bit of luck with injuries which Liverpool have had this season....

johnnycool

Quote from: Boycey on June 23, 2020, 10:31:05 AM
City's squad depth is deeper than anything I ever remember in the Premier League but their core group of 14/15 players haven't performed anywhere near the level of Liverpool's this season and I reckon that's the ultimate difference. Obviously you need that bit of luck with injuries which Liverpool have had this season....

Klopp and his backroom team work very hard on fitness and injury prevention and they can thank a Norn Iron lad for a good bit of the science behind that, but he's moved on;

https://trainingground.guru/articles/exclusive-massey-leaving-liverpool-to-join-fifa